Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ltrittipoe

Dancing Among the Tombs

Autumn at Liliths favorite cemetery, Lafayette No. 1.

Osmanthus and jasmine, Spanish moss and dandelion, Snake Oil and Dorian.

This is so lovely - the osmanthus and jasmine give it a light floral sweetness, with the Spanish moss and dandelion keeping it from being too sweet or too purely floral. There's a depth and a richness to it, a dryness that smells like Autumn to me. I can't pick out the Snake Oil or Dorian, but I get a sense of them in the background depth. Maybe because I know they're there?

Very evocative! I get that autumnal "dried leaf" note in here somewhere - not a dead leaf note, but crunchy papery dry leaves and fresh air. The scent that you get when you scuff through the piles of leaves under the trees, at the edges of the walk, on a dry, crisp, clearday - where the sky is so blue and the air is perfectly cool and dry.

Definitely an Autumn floral - light and rich, sweet mossy floral and crunchy leaves. This is the love child of Bayou and Falling Leaf Moon.... :wub:

Wet, it smells like a sweet, summery, slightly dewy floral.

On me, the jasmine rushes up to greet me like the Aunt I wish didn't Hug so hard, accompanied by her more reasonable wife, Osmanthus, which is providing a little bit of tea. I'm a person who takes jasmine and amps it to high heaven, so I fear a bit this may be all I can get out of this blend. I think I'm getting a whiff of dandelion leaf around the corners, and sap, trying to temper the brashness of the jasmine floral. Oh. With some time, I get a bit more of that rounded golden honey-sweet osmanthus, and jasmine may be settling down. Certainly I can still get its white-hot-frisky floral cascade as I smell, but I think there's at least some complexity rising to the surface. There's a bit of that (as said above) Bayou-moss note bringing it down a notch.

I'm only getting florals, but Southern florals for sure, and with a bit of temperance by the moss and dandelion to add a herbal green speckle. I don't get a big whiff of either of the parent blends.

It is pleasant, but quite floral on my skin.

In the bottle I get a whiff of sweet jasmine and soft greens. I was worried that this would be too mossy on me but dry I get a soft Dorian and jasmine combo that is gorgeous. The jasmine reminds me of the one in La Prostition et la Folie, sweet and not indolic to me at all. There is a touch of fresh greens underneath as well. I'm in love!

On wet, I get a giant hint of dandelion. However, as it dries, both the jasmine, osmanthus, and moss come out. It becomes a more jasmine aquatic floral blend. There's a bit of Dorian backbone in it, with additional amping up of vanilla from the Snake Oil. But yeah, the jasmine is getting aggressive on my skin, which probably means its star jasmine. Great throw, of course.

My very first (definitely not my last) Lilith! In the bottle it smells like a green bouquet of jasmine and subtle osmanthus. On skin, the jasmine comes out the most, but the osmanthus definitely becomes stronger, bringing the green dandelion with it to the stage. There is no trace of indoles here, which is probably due to the freshness of the other notes and sweetness of the jasmines themselves.

While I get no Snake Oil or Dorian from this, it is definitely a beautiful floral perfume that will be perfect for the transition from warm to cold weather!

Edited by CouginAmann

Wet: Wow, pretty. The jasmine, for once, does not smell like cat pee. The dandelion blends with it beautifully, as does the osmanthus. Pretty!! I can't pick out Dorian or Snake Oil, but this has a familiarity to it that I think comes from the base of those two scents twined together, a combination which I love. This is a sweet floral, while somehow being fresh and green at the same time. I am so surprised at how well I am wearing this jasmine note. It's heady but lovely in this.

Dry: I do wish I could pick out the Dorian or Snake Oil more! Maybe with aging? Currently it's a really lovely jasmine scent (never thought I would type those words!!). I am not sure whether I will reach for it much - I am used to thinking I hate jasmine, But I am really glad I tried it, and that my skin chemistry continues to change to allow me to enjoy things I never could before!

Starts out with a very strong and realistic jasmine. There are nuances of green, although I cannot pick out my beloved osmanthus note at all, not surprising, as it is so much more subtle than heady jasmine. In final drydown, I do pick up the vanilla of Dorian and Snake Oil. This is a beautiful jasmine centered perfume and I am curious how it will age.

In the decant: Mostly jasmine, followed by the Spanish moss, and then a bit of dandelion.

Wet: Oh hai, jasmine! You are very, very strong. I hope you will allow the other notes to shine at some point. As usual, it does seem to be getting sweeter with time.

Dry: Although I'm not too familiar with osmanthus, I think I am getting it along with the jasmine now. I can also smell the Dorian in the background, behind the florals and moss. The florals and moss made me sneeze at one point, but now they are starting to soften around the edges.

Hours later, the Snake Oil pops up, but it is very faint, content to hide behind the flowers and the moss notes.

Verdict: I wish I had gotten more of the dandelion, Dorian, and Snake Oil. This is a nice jasmine that doesn't end up overwhelming, and although I like it, I think just the decant will suffice.

Oo this is lovely. Sometimes a scent will kinda match a certain mood, in a specific place, with music and everything. Dancing Among The Tombs to me is sitting in a graveyard during a stormy summer evening in the South, your ripped up jeans getting muddied and grassy, hanging out with your friends, rocking out to Gish, Dirt, and Vulgar Display of Power.

You're having a good time, you're buoyant and lighthearted, there's dandelions and other dewy wildflowers about, dirt, gravestones, you're taking silly photos of yourselves with "orbs" flying about and pigeons that scare the bejesus out of you, you may or may not have sprayed on some Gap Grass earlier.

Your crush is a bit more dark and moody, brooding by himself, wearing Dorian over there and you're trying very, very hard to not act like a total asshat around him and probably failing miserably.

Ultimately its a... lighthearted graveyard scent. Its Dancing Amongst The Tombs. I freakin love this and glad I snagged a full bottle!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

Jasmine Snake Oil with some faint Dorian! The other notes besides the moss are a little hard to pick out as they stay in the background on me. As it dries, Snake Oils calms down and I'm getting more of the Dorian. Sadly, it fades very quickly on me and I'm left with a faint mossy floral. I would have upgraded this in a heartbeat if the performance was better.

This is very close to the unquiet grave to me, specifically when it's wet! It's definately got a strong glob of snake oil in there though, that kinda makes it more orange-tinted in my mind than a colder, white chill that the unquiet grave was. All the notes are there, but it's blended beautifully!