Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Crack of Thunder Hair Gloss

Streaks of blue-white lightning slashing through a plum wine sky.

Lemony incense smoke with a touch of ozone. This one was much more citrus and ozone than I expected. Medium throw and wear length.

Lemony ozone and a distant hint of (purple) incense. Evokes a sense of nighttime and apprehension, somehow, and reminds me of being a kid at the outdoor theater late at night with heat lightning on the horizon. For that sense/atmosphere memory alone, I thank you. Then I tried this paired with BPAL'S Stormclouds Over the Midway and *swoon*. It's as awesome as I had hoped.

Smells exactly as advertised - ozone and plum. This doesn't go as soapy and dry as most of bpal's ozone notes do, though. This is tangy and clean, but has a damp quality to it that I actually enjoy, and hints of sweet, purple plum. The ozone takes on an edge that makes me think of lakes and green water plants, and the scent of water on a chilly night as a storm rolls in. Clean and zingy. Dries down like a clean, sexy, men's cologne in a thunderstorm scent that's pretty awesome.

Wow, this is gorgeous, and perfect as a hair scent, as it smells like the best shampoo you have ever smelled in your life. It's so fresh and clean, without being even remotely soapy. The fruit is tart and zingy, rather than cloying or overly sweet. I can't get over how much I love this, I really was not expecting to. I can see this going into the weekly work rotation (so work appropriate!!) and my little 5ml will be used up in no time! I will be getting more for sure. One of my favourites from the CD HGs I have tried so far. I think there are tiny hints of opium? Man it's good, I can't stop smelling my pony tail. I want shampoo and conditioner in this scent! <3

In the decant, I get ozonic incense.

In my hair, it’s lemon-y ozonic incense. I was worried that there would be plum in this after the plum wine sky description, but fortunately, if there is plum in this, it is not a main player. The ozone note seems to fare better in my hair than it does on my skin. It’s clean but does not go into soap or dryer sheet territory. I agree that this is like a nice-scented hair product.

After several hours, I wonder if there is a bit of plum in the incense smoke. There’s definitely a purple feel to it.

It’s not a hair gloss that I need a bottle of, but I think I will hold on to my decant until I can track down a decant of Stormclouds on the Midway and try those scents together.

Strong ozone! A little bit of that “dryer sheet”, but it’s not too bad.

I don’t get any kind of plum throughout the stages here - just a good strong ozone with some musky vibes. Totally reminiscent of what you would smell outside after a thunderstorm.

Oh man why did I wait so long to try this! I think I was expecting it to be be sharper. It's a gorgeous ozone-incense. It's fresh, maybe with a bit of citrus? It has the cool smoothness I associate with blue musk. The plum is prominent as well and melds really well with the ozone and incense. Something about the combination makes me think of opium scents, like it has depth but not a heaviness. Gorgeous scent!

stand on the beach and watch a huge storm roll in. remember how tiny you are in comparison to the universe and draw your cardigan closer to your skin, feel the hair on your neck stand on end. lightning on the horizon leaves spots in your vision. that’s the smell of this hair gloss- weirdly beachy (i think perhaps it’s the aquatics) and it really smells exactly like watching a storm roll in on the beach- something most Floridians have probably experienced. i gotta get a whole bottle of this stuff because it’s absolutely fantastic.