Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Snake Oil Jelly Donut

This was a surprise frimp like Tiny Genital People, Bitumen Pits, etc. etc. that was in a few BPTP post orders a few years ago. I finally got my hands on an imp, and finally got around to reviewing it. It reminds me to Strawberry Sufyanigot and Snake Oil mashed together. You get that red strawberry jelly from the SS and then a base of Snake Oil, together with that fried dough bit that you get from Midway and a few of the other carnival fried goods type blends. Overall, it ends up a bit plasticky on me, which I attribute to the vanilla base in the Snake Oil. Medium throw and wear length.

Got my hands on a bottle of this!! So glad! The label is so cute!

In the bottle - there is a jelly scent....sweet but not overly. Like a marmalade. And there is that Snake Oil. Oh man... smells amazing!

On skin - I get the powdered covered snake oil jelly donut!! Oh man... it smells so good. I get a red fruit vibe... not exactly strawberry, but some mixed berry possibly. Luckily this doesn't go plastic on me that some red fruit scents can do.

Drydown - This is soooo good!! It stays true.... fried donut, jelly smeared and snake oil drizzled over it! I can imagine this will age wonderfully!! So glad I got this. Will get back-ups if it re-releases!! Thank you PUDDIN'!

Edit to add: On me, this scent doesn't last too long, but hoping with age, it will change that!! Still love it though!!!

Editing to add...since I got this, it is already aging nicely!! At first the scent didn't seem to last too long on me, but the Snake Oil is kicking in and it is getting stronger!! In a good way... it hasn't overpowered the jelly donut part!! SO YUMMY!!

Edited by Numanoid

My package just arrived, but wanted to share first thoughts before the next release hits. The label makes me grin it's so dang cute! Bottle sniff is pretty much some kind of red fruit jelly, but i'm also getting a little bit of purple grape too. It does have a tiny bit of greasy fried donut in the background. YUMMY Wowza, this is amazing :yum: I'm still kinda looking for the snake oil because it's barely there giving it an exotic rattle, but yah this gives me so much joy and I just want a mountain of warm, oozy donuts now. This makes me HUNGRY ~ Where are my elastic waist pants?

Edited by Jenjin

So, I have waited a while before testing this. Partially to let it settle, partially because I am so scared it won't work on me after all the hype. I ADORE all things Snake Oil. But red fruits are is iffy on me. So...here we are.

Wet: OMG, the tang from the raspberry is GOOD. Is that raspberry? It doesn't quite smell like strawberry. Either way, it's red and gooey. It fades fast though, and the bakery notes come forward, swirling with the Snake Oil (which is quite soft, as far as Snake Oil goes). This is not as sweet as I would have thought. It's very pleasant, and would totally be at home among the Snake Pit scents. The red fruit goo makes a reappearance as it dries. It really does smell like a jelly donut that's been soaked in Snake Oil. I wouldn't want to eat it, but I sure am enjoying wearing it.

Dry: YUM. I don't eat gluten anymore, and I find myself craving donuts A LOT (they weren't even really something I ate much, but man do I want them now!). This donut is sooo yummy. It gets more gourmand as it dries. It's more donut than Snake Oil, but the SO is there for sure. I am guessing it'll get stronger as it ages. This is so good, not a hint of plastic, and I am so happy to have it.

I managed to score a bottle of this on a pure whim--Snake Oil and Snake Oil blends don't work on me, so I avoid it. The hype around this one got me though, and when I saw one for sale, I pounced.

This. Is. Delicious. It's a jelly doughnut. Jelly first, fried dough second, and maybe a little SO loitering in the back. It's sweet and foody, but settled into something that's just yummy, not exactly reminiscent of food. Super glad I took the chance, and it looks likely I'll be hanging on to this one.

In the bottle: Yum! It does smell like a musky sugar jelly baked good

On the skin though, I amp more of the musk and vanilla and less of the jelly bits. It ends up not smelling at all like a baked good but I can't put my finger on what exactly it reminds me of. When I can think of it, I will return!

I am SO thankful for the full decant gifted to me because I have been *dying* to try this scent since it originally emerged.

In the vial, and when first applied it was almost all fresh Snake Oil, all the time, with a slight juicy-fruity edge under all the Indonesian spices. Within short order warming up on my skin, though, it bloomed, gloriously, into super-yummy-fried-dough-and-juicy-raspberry-jam-goodness. :thud:

This is everything I'd been hoping it would be. It's basically like a cross between Raspberry Sfyugiot, Australian Copperhead and straight up Snake Oil.

I really, really, absolutely NEED to find a bottle. :wub: :wub: :wub:

On my skin, I only get the jelly and snake oil. No donut unfortunately! However the jelly is a wonderful raspberry/strawberry jelly. I am not fond of fresh snake oil but I think this snake oil is aged and pretty! I prefer Strawberry Sufganiyot more to satisfy my donut needs, but this is a very fun girly, foody scent!

I waited and waited to finally get a chance at this beauty, but my wait was well worth it. It's like Snake Oil meets any of the Sufs (or beignets with framboise) for HOURS. It's pretty linear and strong until it basically disappears entirely from the skin, one moment there and the next gone. Good lord, I want a million bottles of this.

Let it be known that I do not even normally care for jelly doughnuts. Heresy, I know. Except for the raspberry ones in Germany. Those are amazing (and the only doughnuts that Germany gets right).

In the bottle: This was all red jelly when it arrived. Now it has settled for a week, and I still get lots of red jelly, but I also get the Snake Oil now and can also smell the fried dough, which I think may have a dusting of powdered sugar! Yaaaaaaaaas.

Wet: A jelly doughnut adorned with powdered sugar, with some of the red jelly oozing out, mingling with Snake Oil's spices. UGH, THIS IS AMAZING. I'm not sure if the red jelly is a mixed berry jelly or one of the fruits from the sufganiyots, which I've never tried (and now regret not having done so), but I'm leaning more toward mixed berry than purely strawberry or raspberry on this one.

Dry: I am now getting a buttery quality to the fried dough note, which is stronger than it was before, which makes me think of Drink Me and The Knave of Hearts. Snake Oil's vanilla has come out to play now, and the red jelly, while still present, isn't as strong as it was before.

Verdict: The hype is real. I am extremely grateful that a lovely BPALista was willing to swap me this partial :wub2: , and I hope this becomes an actual thing some day, so that more people can experience the wonders of Snake Oil Jelly Doughnut (and also, so I can get more). :P