Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Neptune

Abstract Ideas - Dreams - Scandal - Glamour - Idealism - Hallucinations - Imagination - Mediumistic Power - Poetry - Receptivity - Spirituality - Visionaries - Weirdness - Seduction - Prophecy - Fantasy - Perception

i think there's lotus in here, because i'm getting the bubblegum pink smell that usually accompanies lotus. it's sweet, slightly aquatic... but i'm not a huge fan of it.

First sniff: Cool, wet blue-green. Very aquatic… most appropriate for Neptune.

Wearing: Even when wet this doesn’t have much throw, but the scent on my skin is lovely and soft, slightly powdery and very calming.

I’m sorry more people didn’t get to try the outer planets – the two I’ve worn so far have been great.

Neptune smells very much like its namesake diety. It smells like the ocean. The fragrance warms up on the skin after a while, however it still clings to the salty tang that refuses to agree with me.

This scent actually made me a little seasick, which is a bit odd to say.

This fragrance seems like it would do better on a man, so I passed it onto my roommate (and kept the bottle of Arkham I was originally going to give him). For those who like the salt-air smell of the shorelines, Neptune would have been a wonderful choice. I guess I'm too much of a city slicker to really want to slather myself in that fragrance.

-doreen

at first: wood? maybe salty water? i'm not really sure.

on: smells soapy. i think there's some wood notes, too, but i'm not sure.

1 hour later: very sharp and floral. not at all what i was expecting.

3 hours later: much softer, which is good. i can't pick out any notes, but it's a nice, slightly powdery floral.

6 hours later: very soft, but nice. i think i'm smelling a touch of a sweet floral.

overall: this is hard to pin down, but nice. i'm glad i got to try it.

In the bottle

citruss! Bergamot?

Wet

Bergamot

Powdery bright citruss loveliness

20 minutes

The piercing aspect of the bergamot is gone.

This reminds me of lemon-lime sorbet with herbs chopped on top of it.

I do smell the gentle but bright lotus in there and actually I think this is what saves this blend from being "too"...

Throw:

light/medium

Scent category:

watery/fruity/floral

Summary

I think it's a medium strong scent.

It's crisp, citrussy, herby and soapy and there is a bit of powdery sweetness in the background. A man could wear this too I think even there's nothing but feminine energy about this blend. Odd that.

Purchase again?

Yes Imp or 5ml

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

hmmm i get lotus too, and a resin, which tho....maybe sandalwood, it isn't a sharp resin and some aquatics not bad really

In bottle: First whiff claims there is either neroli or blood orange in this blend. Otherwise it seems to be a heavily aquatic fragrance.

On me: Pretty! Blood orange, I've decided that citrus note is. (I'm probably completely wrong, but neener neener!) I also smell the lotus flowers, floating on a deep pool of water, ice cold.

In The Bottle: In the bottle, this reminds me very strongly of Lolita - one of my favorite scents. I can smell orange blossom and something bubblegum-y. Maybe Lotus?

Wet: This smells wonderfully playful! The orange blossom is still at the front, and under it the smell of musk and clean skin. I really like this!

Dry: This faded so quickly on me, I couldn't quite believe it! It left a lingering hint of musk and bubblegum, which I could just about smell with my nose pressed up against my wrist. I'm gutted. :P

Over all, this is a beautifully fun scent and if it lasted longer (or at all!) I'd be kicking myself for not buying a bottle when I could.

Courtesy of the Celestials circular swap!

In the imp: Very wet and aquatic. Something vaguely citrusy -- it's very familiar, but I cannot put my finger upon it. It's driving me nuts.

Wet: Very mysterious. Hmm, I think there's a faint wood note in here. Not something like cedar, but maybe something like sandalwood? It makes the blend slightly smoky in this stage, although "smoky" isn't an accurate term. It just seems smoky in the midst of all the aquaticness.

Drydown: It becomes very aquatic and faintly floral in this stage. There's still that citrus note. There is lotus in here, but it's not the usual pure bubblegum lotus. It's the note lotus floating on water type note.

Final thoughts: Nice blend, if slightly mysterious and unsettling.

Edited by inkstone

This is glorious, probably my favorite of the Planets among the Celestials, along with Jupiter.

Very aquatic at first, but a fruity, floral aquatic. I am guessing that this is the lotus I keep hearing about! I've never been able isolate lotus before -- I know it doesn't work for me in the moon blends, but I think it must be almost on its own here.

It doesn't strike me quite as bubblegum, I am thinking more in terms of a pleasant fruity note like pineapple or melon, but very much submerged under turquoise waters. I imagine succulent white lotus petals in blue-green water. It dries down slightly woody and stays strong for longer than I expected.

While all of these capture the spirit of the planets beautifully, this is one of the only Celestials that I would occasionally wear for the scent alone, if I had it. On a rainy day in the spring like today, it's a perfect match for the quiet, green, distant and slightly mournful mood that the weather puts me in.

In the imp: feh, cedar! bleh.

On me: completely different. Light, watery, faintly green, slightly bubblegum (I think that's lotus), faint faint spice, & a hint of ozone that tickles my nose.

Wow. I don't normally like the light airy/watery scents but this is gorgeous. Though it would need slathering, 'cause it is quite light, though it gets stronger after the first few minutes. Or maybe I just put on that little. (It's part of the celestial circle swap, and I'm being careful about how much I try.)

In the bottle: Bergamot & cedar. Ugh. I hate orange family scents.

First on: Now I can't smell any bergamot, but I definitely get the lotus. It's very sweet, but I like the way it blends in with the cedarish scent. It's very dreamlike.

Drydown: Now it's all lotus unfortunately, which just smells like bubblegum on me & nothing else. :P

Neptune - from the Celestials swap circle.

In the bottle: Waxy, green florals.

On me: One of the lush white florals - it made me think of summer nights where the air is still and almost liquid. A faint hint of bubblegum - lotus?

Drydown: Neptune continued to morph on me. It turned into a sweeter, more full bodied floral. A little much, actually.

Forgive my short-ish review, I had to write up a bunch of reviews quickly as part of the Celestial swap circle...

Sweet lemon, not too many other notes, although there's probably some sort of floral in here. Probably the dreaded lotus, which doesn't work for me. Pleasant, but nothing that special.

From the Celestial Swap.

I love this one. I am not at all sure what it is, though perhaps lotus and bergamot as other people have noted. It has a musky scent with maybe a touch of fruitiness. But it's very mysterious and fanciful. Yummy! My favorite of the celestials I've tried. I wish I could have a whole bottle of this one.

Courtesy of the Celestials circular swap!

Soft and musky, Neptune is a sweet aquatic that wafts both fruity and floral fragrances at me.

Neptune's water is warm, languid waves lapping a green shore where orange trees blossom.

In the bottle: very deep aquatic/salty floral scent

On the skin: this is a really rich oceany smell..it just screams AZURE and its very beautiful :P I'm not one for aquatic/ozone smells but this is simply fascinating!

Afterhours: it has dried down to a soft & pleasant floral (lotus?) & marine-like scent..it seriously reminds me of Mexico and the beaches of the Riviera Maya.. <le sigh>

I shall covet my bottle as long as I can.. :D

Bottle (Imp): A touch sharp, but not in a typical sharp way.

Just On: Kind of a sweet sharp scent.

An hour or two later: An interesting chilly slightly sweet scent. Maybe lotus? Kinda wet, sweet sorta things going on.

Around 6 hours: About the same, except fading.

12 hours: It's all gone.

Overall: This is nice enough, but doesn't jump out at me as a necessity.

After reading other reviews: I got lotus, but not the bubble-gummy kind as much. I like it, but not so much that I'll knock myself out to get it.

gorgeous! it starts off with the sweet lotus scent that others describe and then fades into a deep blue calm. i love it.

Neptune is an odd, light scent on me... but it's one that I like enough that I'll definitely get a full bottle if the chance ever presents itself :P.

First on this is powdery bubblegum-lotus and something citrusy. It's reminding me of Lolita, if Lolita had lotus in it. This might have orange blossom and lemon verbena in it. In the drydown this starts to get a bit more wooden and a bit more aquatic. It smells like sandalwood and salty ocean water.

I love how light and sweet this is, but it has a tangy salty edge that keeps it from being boring. I so hope that I can get a full bottle of this one at some point.

In the imp: Neroli! Yup, that's neroli.

On: Neroli! But now there's something more aquatic, which was more along the lines of what I was expecting. As it dries down, the neroli goes a bit powdery (because that's just what it does on me), and it becomes a very soft, sweet floral blend.

Very unlike what I was expecting, and quite nice.

Unlike everyone else, I get no lotus whatsoever. But did I mention lots of neroli?

Out of the bottle and wet on the skin, this had a very distinct "Froot Loops" smell to it. Now that it's dry, though, it is a lovely, cool powder. And not nasty baby powder, but a woman's delicate dusting powder. Very hard for me to describe, as it goes against just about everything I like in a perfume oil, but it is lovely and feminine.

straight sniff from bottle this is very masculine ... lemons....and sweet, thick syrup :D

on this completely changes and turns into something so amazingly gorgeous that i am positive i need another bottle... :P

i enjoy the sharpness and intensity of this very much...i get lots of woodsy and fruity notes...they bounce back and forth making this such a joy to wear...another plus: this lasted all day long .... a real winning blend for me :D

I adore this and had no idea this would become one of my favorite and most wearable of the Celestials.

I was hesitant to order this one as many of the reviews said it was aquatic and the aquatic blends aren't really my thing, but I am *so glad* I went ahead and got this one. It's probably my favorite of the Celestials (Mercury is up there do) in terms of wearability and I find the slightly sharp/bitter note to be a really nice counterpoint to the sweet and the light powder. This is one of those blends that was masterfully created and is perfectly balanced. I feel like a cool million bucks when I wear this one. Love it.