Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Neptune

Abstract Ideas - Dreams - Scandal - Glamour - Idealism - Hallucinations - Imagination - Mediumistic Power - Poetry - Receptivity - Spirituality - Visionaries - Weirdness - Seduction - Prophecy - Fantasy - Perception

First sniff: Not sure exactly what it is, but it already doesn't really smell like my thing... It makes me think of green oceans if that makes any sense.

Wearing: Asked my boyfriend to sniff and he didn't like it, so this is definitely going to someone else who will appreciate more! He said it smells like disinfectant, but I think that is a bit strong... On me I think it smells more like a light lemon blue scent. I think there might be some sandalwood as well...

No notes listed, and I always try not to look at other reviews, until I'm done with my own. So here goes! This is for Neptune Revisited.

In the bottle: Aquatic, minty, some light florals, a hint of sweetness.

Wet: Some kind of sweetness and some mint are both blooming, big-time! But I like it! :)

The dry-down: This is a heady mixture! The mint is stepping down, and there are some florals, and is that some citrus? The sweet note is grounding everything, and it's all blending together very well. It even feels a little cool on my wrist, which is nice, as I'm going back out into the heat again in a few minutes. (High 80s today here.)

Later: For a few minutes there, sad to say, I really thought that the sweet note (not a floral, but more like a candy note) was going to suddenly overpower the scent. But now it has retreated, thank goodness. I liked the scent out of the bottle a lot, but the mint went away too quick; the sweet candy note was grounding everything, until suddenly it wanted to take over my wrist. It's all calmed down now, but the mint is fading fast. In order to keep that heady blast of mint right out of the bottle, I'm going to try this in my clocket, and see how it goes. That will be for another day, and I'll report back then.

If nothing else, this oil should be blue in its colouring (oil and otherwise), but I get more of a green and then pink feeling from it. Had the aquatic and mint notes lasted longer, I would love this. As it is, for my skin chemistry, this may end up as a locket scent only.

Definitely not for me. Smells like soap on application and then instantly turns sweet. 30 minutes later, it has morphed into a masculine scent with a wood background.

This would probably smell great on a guy.

I love this. I really can't stop sniffing my arm. It's musky yet powdery, but not too much so. It has both aquatic and florals in there too. Then there is almost a morph into wood and mint...unique...

If my brain gives up what this reminds me of, I'll write more.

It does remind me of the ocean, the darkness of the bottom of the sea and mermaids. Neptune and his horses...fantastic! :joy:

I get hardly any sweetness from this, BTW.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Orange blossom, white musk. Very aquatic. I wouldn't be surprised it this also had neroli in it. Salty, it does remind me of the ocean, salt and mermaids. Slightly sweet, slightly soapy.

In Bottle: (Very aged Imp). It’s an aquatic after-shave. I’m thinking it’s fougere dominant with an aquatic accord that has held up surprisingly well. It’s got something dark and green blended with it that I’m pretty sure I’ve smelled in another aquatic, one of the sea associated plants, but I can’t for the life of me tell you which. I’m suspecting a touch of musk. Wet: Hardly any throw. Still strongly fougere dominant with that dark green plant in support, a bit of musk, and what has survived of the aquatic accord. I really like this. I’ve been having trouble carrying aquatics for the last half decade, but this works and is surprisingly sexy. It is sharp, crisp, and masculine. There is something smooth underneath all that fougere. Ambergris accord, maybe, or something similar. As it warms, a hint of what could be bergamot or something similar comes out. This doesn’t smell much like the early reviews, which is not surprising given the lapsed time, but it is really compelling to the nose and this shows how cleverly the blend was designed. Dry: Fougere with a hint of sweet mostly.

I got this as a frottle from the lab(thank you, labbies!). I think it's a revisited version of Neptune?

Wet, this is a very sharp floral perfume to me. I'm terrible at picking out floral notes, unfortunately, so I'm not sure what they are. Not a huge fan of this stage, as I don't really enjoy florals very much.

As it dries it becomes more aquatic and softer. It's a very clean aquatic at this stage. The florals are still there, but it's more like flowers on a lakeshore instead of a strong floral perfume blend. Something is adding a sweetness that brings the floral and aquatic notes together nicely.

I have mixed feelings about this one. The wet stage isn't for me, but the dry stage is all right. It reminds bit of what I would imagine a wedding on a beach would smell. Sweetly floral, salty air on the breeze, and very aquatic ocean waves.