Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Incapacitated for a day.

Oh, there's no need to be sorry when you need to take a break. especially when it involves your health.

And. Um, what does TMI stand for. ?? It's killing me that I can't even figure it out.

This wasn't quite what we had in mind when we urged you to take some time for yourself, you know.

u huh, my thoughts exactly.

:P <- this one just says it all, right?

This stuff can be so frustrating! I hope that the tests come back with something easily dealt with and hopefully not too stressful. Your health is always foremost!

You have a great support group and and at home! So take care of yourself!

Ok, at the risk of being way too graphic -- especially for the menfolk here -- this is what's up:

Out of nowhere, I had a very severe, violent reaction to my birth control pills. It got steadily worse until it became something I couldn't stand anymore. I don't know when my body changed, but when it did... jeebus. My ob/gyn is switching me to an IUD, but since I've never given birth I have to use Cytotec in order to dialate prior to the proceedure tomorrow. It's 24 hours of extreme discomfort, bordering on completely incapacitating. I'm on Hour One right now, and it's damn near unbearable. The great thing is that I have to go in to the amphitheatre from 10am til 9.30pm.

I laugh at my misfortune and bad planning skills.

HA!

- - -

I love you guys so much. Thank you all for always being there for stupid ol' me.

*crosses legs and ties ankles together* :D and I thought I had it bad with a sadistic nurse at my last smear test :P

Eeep. Poor Elizabeth. Hope it passes quickly and your bits are happier and pain free afterwards.

xxx

:P Poor Elizabeth! Feel better and relax - no one is going anywhere. We'll all be waiting patiently for your recovery!

Oh, sweetie. :D Would a hot bath help relieve the cramping any, or are you not allowed to do that while you're... er... open?

Failing that, if you have a heating pad for your belly, that always helps me when Mother Nature's being a bitch. I've never been dilated, but I'm guessing it's the same sort of muscles involved as with period cramps, just to a much more painful degree?

Drink tea. Feel better. We :P you too.

ooch.

so all hormonal stuff is out of the question? b/c i use the nuvaring, and love it...

well, just think of it as your pre-child birth experience... the dialating, at least!

did he send some pain killers with you, at least???

and, hey! you are not stupid! hell, i think you're damn near brilliant!

so, curl up around that heating pad, and rest... could you call in sick at the theater? or freak out your male boss with your "womanly problems" so he doesn't even want you there?!?!?

love ya. seester! :P

Big Big Hugs!

Having had a kid and been through the induced labor (I'm guessing this might be something similar)...I totally feel for you. If you could call in sick, I would, but I know how the money thing is.

Sending healing energy your way...

Oh, Elizabeth, the best of luck to you lassie. {{{{hugs}}}} Soon you won't have to deal with those crappy added hormones any more - something to look forward to, hey? You take care of yourself, and get better soon. xxx

Elizabeth, you may have left for the theater already, but if you haven't...for goodness' sake, PLEASE call in sick. They will understand. You are having a medical procedure - it's not like you're being flaky. This is exactly the type of situation that "calling in sick" is for. If you don't let your body rest and recover, you risk being on an endless merry-go-round of physical ailments. Sometimes we have to listen to our bodies and change our plans accordingly. Nothing is set in stone. All plans and commitments can be changed in the face of an emergency situation. Sorry if I sound preachy, but I've done this to myself before, too, and suffered the consequences. Also, I'm a massage therapist, and so I see on a daily basis in my clients the results of people trying to push their bodies too far. If you begin to rest a bit more and maybe institute some self-care practices (if you don't already), I suspect it may help your insomnia as well. Hope the procedure goes smoothly. I'll be sending you some good energy (hope that doesn't sound too New Age-y :P ).

Goodness. I couldn't agree with rosefaith more. Also, my Kegel muscles just spasmed in sympathy for you ooowowowowowowowowoowwww! Talk about a shared experience!! Seriously, PLEASE feel better soon , and take CARE of yourself. I hope this procedure will fix the problems you've been having, as we all know there's NOTHING worse than crazy hormones.

Sending kisses and thought of healing your way,

--a. :P

I have to assign 900 tickets to David Bowie today, so I had to go in. =P Sucks here, but y'all could have guessed that. Heh! Pain is making me vulgar, and when my boss asked me why I'm going so slowly today and seem distracted, I said, "Because my vagina is dialating."

*grunt*

Only 700 more tickets to go...

Pain is making me vulgar, and when my boss asked me why I'm going so slowly today and seem distracted, I said, "Because my vagina is dialating."

Good for you Beth, you have every right to be vulgar today. THEY made you come into work so THEY are gonna feel the repercussions...:P

By the way, you are a quite the woman. I think most of us would have said "Fuck David Bowie!!" and stayed in bed moaning for some damn drugs. You are a tough cookie!!

Edited because I'm quite the retard....

Edited by morleigh_s

take care of yourself and your vagina........

drink lots of liquids and watch absolutely fabulous. it is great for vagina-related woes. i speak from experience.

(((elizabeth)))

Pain is making me vulgar, and when my boss asked me why I'm going so slowly today and seem distracted, I said, "Because my vagina is dialating."

*snort* Well, that is quite humorous to me.

I wish you could have stayed home. Sorry you have to go through this. Hope its not too bad...

Ok, guys, I'm offline for the day. I've still got 300 or so Bowie tickets and five more hours in the office ahead of me and I am in a foul, horrible, snappy mood. When I get in tonight I'm going to try and get to some of the emails, and when I get back from the doctor's tomorrow more orders should go out.