Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Notes provided by Geeks Doing Good: Fresh rain, crushed grass, road dust, and leather, with and elusive hint of pale petals.

In the Bottle.....Green. Herbal-y Green. with some aquatic and white flower notes. Very lush jungle type of scent. On me it gets greener and headier and more luscious. Sharp but not medicinal sharp. Heady sharp.

Sniff: Florals which lean towards soapy, a spike of ozone and hay

Wet: Mostly florals, some sort of lily perhaps. It's right on the border of being soapy and powdery, but there's a green and wet note which pulls it back. I don't get a strong aquatic note, but it definitely smells fresh and clean.

Dry: OK, this one is a morpher! Over time, the florals and green fade, and a gentle leather note comes out. It's now dusty and powdery, with just a grassy hint. The soapy impression is gone and now it's soft and dusky and actually quite nice. I'm definitely a fan of this dry down, it's much different than the initial wet phase!

Green aquatic. bright and pretty and clean. the floral note is lovely. Reminds me of a bubble bath scent for young girls.

Edited by annemathematics

Green, lilies, clean and a hint of dirt. There's something very clean about this scent, and light and feminine. I think it actually has some sort of orchid in there as well. Good throw and wear length.

Very green - I would guess grass or dandelion as one of the notes. Also a little of the BPAL dirt note and either lillies or orchid. I'm on the fence on this one - I think this is really pretty. It's a green aquatic scent that - at least to me! - doesn't go to cleaner.

I'm agreeing with most of these reviews. Laundry, so perhaps lavender. Maybe some ozone, as well. Green, as well, perhaps lilies, orchid, and daisies. I'm not picking up aquatic, though. It is rather sharp, though. A sharp clean, though. I feel like this smell is akin to a popular laundry detergent that other people enjoy.

Wet: I pick up BPAL's grass note. It's misty/dewy to me, but not full-on aquatic. I think there's something else green in there too, maybe some dandelion? Something floral - not lillies, to my nose, as they turn to wet cardboard on my skin. Maybe orchid? Like the orchid note in Lamia, with grass, and mist, and hints of leather and dirt.

Dry: Quite pretty. I don't normally enjoy anything remotely aquatic, but I can appreciate this. The green keeps is from being soapy, I think. I love the lab's grass note. This reminds me a bit of a less sweet Venus Verticordia with some added rain/mist. Pretty. Not sure if it's really a "me" scent, but I think lovers of green or pretty aquatics would adore this.

I wanted to try this one because I feel like Denna is an unfairly maligned character and was curious about a perfume interpretation of her. Mostly, this smells like sweet, green grass to me. There's a hint of dewiness and florals. The scent doesn't have a lot of throw (although I don't usually slather, so maybe it would be different if I did), but I do catch a whiff of springtime about me when I wear it.