Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Favorite pastime: indulging his yogurt fetish. Whatever floats your boat!

Berries, skyr, and oats.

In The Bottle: Very light, sweet berries and a tiny bit of oats.

Wet On Skin: The berries start to bloom a bit more once it warms up on my skin.

Dry Down: Berries with oat crust. No yogurt on my skin, alas!

In All: Medium throw, and, unfortunately, this berry note is coming across as fairly artificial, like an air freshener that is berry-scented. I'm hoping it might settle further, as I *really* adore the Lab's Oats note, but only time will tell.

This is all berries on me. I'm not getting any yogurt or oats at all. It reminds me of a "wildberry" or "mixed berry" scent; no specific fruit stands out among the rest. On my skin, it's right on the line between a nice, sweet, candy-like berry, versus a super-artificial berry that you might find in a car air freshener. When my nose picks up the sweet candy side of things, it's very reminiscent of Bath & Body Works old Sun-Ripened Raspberry scent, but I'm still getting hints of... slight soapiness? Car freshener chemicals? It's weird. I'd love it if it stayed in the sweet, Sun-Ripened Raspberry range, but there's something about it that I'm just not digging. Really glad I got to try it, though, and will hold on to the decant -- maybe this will work better in a scent locket.

This is only a review of the in bottle smell as my decanter was kind enough to include a sniffy with my imps.

This smells like strawberry yogurt, strait up, sweet and creamy. I could eat this with a spoon. It's pretty amazing.

I had never thought of wearing my yogurt as perfume, but BPAL has me considering the possibilities.

In the imp, this is a creamy, sweet berry. It's fruity, not candyish like Kertasníkir. The oats keep this grounded, preventing it from becoming too sweet, and as it dries down it becomes a softly fruity (strawberry?) yogurt scent. The yogurt is distinct from milk/cream notes, but it's not sour or animalistic like goat milk can be. It's in the creamy dairy family, and combined with the berries it's really lovely.

In the decant: This isn't Skyr with fresh berries and oats on the top. This is mixed berry flavor (I'm pretty sure there is at least strawberry and blueberry here) Skyr in a yogurt cup. The Skyr is a pinkish purple color. The oats are in a compartment of the lid and haven't been mixed in yet. It definitely smells yogurt-y.

Wet: This really does smell like yogurt to my nose. There's a tartness present as well. Skyr is thick and tart, more so than Greek yogurt, and it's the berry notes that are doing all the sweetening. But as this sits on my skin, the berries become artificial, and I'm reminded specifically of raspberry Mamba instead of yogurt.

Dry: Yep. Raspberry Mamba candy... with a bit of dairy and oats lingering in the background. The oat note is really nice!

Verdict: I am not fond of berry-dominant scents, but I just wanted to smell it to see if it actually reminded me of Skyr. It did... briefly.

Edited by dementia_divine

In the imp, it’s sweet berries. On, the skyr shows up, making the berries all creamy and rich. It’s not very strong, but I didn’t moisturize before putting it on this time, which makes a difference. (note - I have a head cold, it may be stronger than I’m catching) Lasted for hours, all creamy berry. It didn’t change much, the scents just deepened. I look forward to trying it again when I’m not sick!

I agree with the reviewer that said this was reminiscent of Bath & Body Works' Sun-Ripened Raspberry. It's a sweet, musky-ish-clean, fruity, bright berry fragrance. It's kind of creamy in the drydown on my skin, but more like a creamy lotion smell than a yogurt or vanilla cream. A little too fresh and fruity for me.

In the bottle: Sweet mixed berries and yogurt.

Wet: Its all sweet mixed berries.

Dry: The sweetness has gone away and now it smells like tart berries. But not on the foody side, it's more on the artificial side. It reminds me of cheap berry scented candles or room sprays.

ITI: Fruity, almost peachy, but not quite. There's a touch of strawberry here, which worries be since I'm not fond of on my skin. I don't pick up any oats or dairy since the berry notes are so strong.
Wet: Whew, this is strong. The berries remind me of bathroom freshener. Very far below the berry notes is a faint grain note and a subtle sparkle, but I can feel the headache forming from the berry mix.
Dry: It's less intense, but I'm not a fan. To the swap pile it goes.

I love me some skyr, so I was super curious about this. It's essentially creamy red berries on me. Think red currant or red raspberries, but not sugary. I get a hint of oats, and just a creaminess that isn't sweet. Low throw, low wearlength.

Creamy, whipped berries.

I get sweet, strong red and blue berries -- mostly red, but a blueberry here and there for interest -- over a faint creamy note that's like yogurt without any sourness. The oats are present but also faint. This is mostly about the berries.

Before two hours are gone, this is just a faint berry impression on my skin.

This smells of yogurt, berries and oats, exactly as advertised! The yogurt/dairy note is more prominent when it's wet, while the oats are stronger after it dries. The berry note is very sweet on my skin, but not in a sickly or overpowering way. "Gentle" is how I would describe it. It's got a nice subtlety, even though it's a relatively simple blend. I like this!