Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Swift joy and bright passion: white lavender, lemon verbena, and elemi.

When it's wet, and in the bottle, this is all lavender and nothing else. However once it dries it turns completely to a beautiful fresh lemon oil scent, no trace of lavender at all. It stays that way for about an hour and then gradually softens. It still remains lemony but not zingy. Lemon usually disappears fast on me but 3 hours in and its still soft lemon, very slightly herbal, but starting to fade. I can't pick out elemi under all the lemon.

Wet: Sunshiney lavender. Uplifting and fresh.

Drydown: Bright, tart verbena softened by a touch of papery lavender. Happy and fresh, but not simple. Pretty without being too girly. It smells the way butterfly kisses feel.

Dry: There’s a slightly cool green vibe added by the elemi. It mixes well with the lemony brightness of the verbena and calming herbalness of the lavender. It’s surprisingly romantic, for being such a clean and fresh blend. The lavender really gives it a grounded, almost spicy element. This blend plays innocent, but all the while it’s secretly seducing you.

This is the blend to wear when you want to feel like a tomboy princess!

8.5 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

This was one of those things I had to get against my better judgement, because lemon verbena can go painfully harsh on me, and lavender, while I love it, is also pretty sharp. Amazingly, they kind of cancel each other out here. This is a very bright, clean lavender and citrus scent--I had to look up elemi, which, from the descriptions I found, is probably adding to the citrus vibe.

The overall feel of Light and Swift is sunny and clean, and it seems to last a reasonable time without being overpowering, and without morphing much. Very pleasant surprise.

Light and Swift starts off as Lavender SN, but then the lemon verbena comes into play about 15 minutes later. I get mainly a light lavender and lemon verbena blend. This one is bright, simple, and comforting because the lavender is gorgeous. This one isn't salty at all, but rather that fresh lavender smell that we all love. Decent throw, good wearlength.

Bright, citrus, lavender.

Decant: total Lemon verbena and green

Wet on Me: green lemony verbena not getting any of the lavender yet but hopeful

Drying Down: Really bright lemon with faint whisps of green in the background....

Dry: a bright clean lemon with the faintest ghost whisp of the lavender

Lovely mood booster: green lemon with lavender playing hide and seek. Very bright happy and fresh. It will wear off in a couple of hours, but you'll be so perked up, who cares. I will enjoy wearing this on high energy days when I am determined to make headway on a project.

I was really looking forward to this one! It was beautiful lemongrass with a hint of lavender until it dried and turned to powder. I guess elemi doesn't like me.

Pretty much single note herbal lavender, pretty much dead on like one variety that grows in my mom's herb garden. Kind of milky and fresh at the same time. Nice to try, but I have my very own natural version.:)

Lavender always fades quickly on me, so while Light and Swift starts out with a lovely lemony lavender, within half an hour or so it is a bright citrus scent with just a hint of lavender (I have no idea what elemi smells like so I can't comment there). This is sunshiny and very enjoyable. It does NOT go into cleanser or Lemon Pledge territory. I wore it to a morning meeting about the college application process at my son's school, and it was perfectly appropriate in that setting. Three hours later, it is barely perceptible on my skin, which tends to gobble up citrusy notes. Great daytime scent!

My bottle of Happy Baby in a Long Dress is almost gone, so I was hoping this would help fill that lemony lavender void.

The lemon verbena is the most prominent note on me throughout wear. The lavender is present early on, but this variety isn't nearly as strong as the lavender buds in Happy Baby in a Long Dress, and it fades over time, while the elemi, which I only got a hint of at first, gains strength while still remaining in a background role. It's a very bright and almost effervescent on me. I think the name matches the scent perfectly.

This is not the lavender-y lemonade I love in Happy Baby in a Long Dress, but I do think it would be a nice pick-me-up scent. I'm going to hang on to this and see if I end up reaching for it during the warmer months. :)

Edited by doomsday_disco