Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

If your top 5 scents are... Then try these!

5 hours ago, ComicCreep said:

I just started delving deeply into bpal, making spreadsheets and really going through the site directory after I had lost my scent for a while last year from Covid… I’m shocked how depressed I became because of it. Scent really does add a lot of joy to my life apparently! Luckily my sense of smell came back, but different. I’ve been re-training my nose ever sense. My current top five are

1. Thorns clove cigarette 
  2. Eat me
  3. Green tree viper 
  4. Goblin cider
  5. Sweets to the sweet

I love a sweet mint, autumnal spices, a good sugary foody scent, and also some smoky incense/amber/resin. Any suggestions would be lovely 😊 

You might like Resistance from the Activism line. Very autumnal, and benefits the ACLU.

"It is an autumn scent, swirled with fall leaves, huddled against the cold winds of November... Bourbon vanilla and vintage champaca absolute with sweet patchouli, dried red fruits, leather accord, pumpkin rind, and a splash of bourbon."

Also Jack from the General Catalog if you haven't tried it yet ("The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.") and hopefully someone can weigh in on recommendations from the current Halloween collection!

Edited by Exquise-moi

17 hours ago, ComicCreep said:

I just started delving deeply into bpal, making spreadsheets and really going through the site directory after I had lost my scent for a while last year from Covid… I’m shocked how depressed I became because of it. Scent really does add a lot of joy to my life apparently! Luckily my sense of smell came back, but different. I’ve been re-training my nose ever sense. My current top five are

1. Thorns clove cigarette 
  2. Eat me
  3. Green tree viper 
  4. Goblin cider
  5. Sweets to the sweet

I love a sweet mint, autumnal spices, a good sugary foody scent, and also some smoky incense/amber/resin. Any suggestions would be lovely 😊 

That's so interesting that loosing your sense of smell caused depression! It totally makes sense. I'm glad it is coming back for you. BPAL excels at scents with your favorite notes, so there are too many to choose from! Moroccan Pumpkin from the recent Weenie release comes to mind, and from the general catalogue -- oh so many -- Kobold Barista if you like coffee with your autumnal spices, Shub Niggurath (The lust incense of a corrupted Astarte. A blend of ritual herbs and dark resins, shot through with three gingers and aphrodisiacal spices.), and Cathedral (Venerable and solemn: the scent of incense smoke wafting through an ancient church. A true ecclesiatical blend of pure resins.) Although now there is Sugar Cookie Cathedral in the Yule release, which might tick all your boxes! For a clovey scent with apple, I recommend Queen Alice (Carnation, posies, and white amber with a hint of inky treacle, sandy cider, and wooly wine.) Have fun exploring!

@ComicCreep for minty recs you might want to give Alisz a try! It's a really gorgeous vanilla mint. Also Lick It will likely be back in the Yules!

@ComicCreep I second roseus's recs. Also, Nuclear Winter is a nice spearmint, Fuck This Heat is cool and herbal, and you might enjoy the Halloween hair gloss from last year - Stitched Together. 

I'd also recommend Pumpkin Spice Booze.  😁