cherrycherry

Gingerbread Satyr

I've run away from a little old woman,
A little old man,
A barn full of threshers,
A field full of mowers,
A cow and a pig,
And I can run away from you, I can!

Gingerbread with red musk, brown musk, civet and ambergris accord, Ceylon cinnamon, black cedar, black moss, and pine tar.

Who knew that musk could work so well with gingerbread? I didn't, until today. I get heavy, spicy musk that really comes out to play on the drydown. I also get the civet and luckily for me I can carry that well. There is a earthiness to this also that grounds it and makes it very masculine. I absolutely must try this on my husband when he gets home from work tonight because I know he is going to absolutely rock this. Sweet, musky sweetness and dominant spice along with earth and a tiny lick of pine tar. God, this is fabulous. Left to rest and settle on my skin for a good 10-15 minutes, this becomes spicier on me and definitely more masculine. Though my husband is going to be slathered in this, I know I will be wearing it too. Only a tiny bit is needed because the throw and power of the blend is totally dramatic. Wonderful. Really, really delicious.

The GC scent Satyre goes really masculine on me but the Gingerbread in this scent adds something that rounds it out and makes it more unisex.

In the decant: Sexy Red Musk

Wet Stage: Very strong Musk and Pine

Dry Stage: Musks take center stage blending nicely with Ginger and Cinnamon. Underneath that is an earthy pine. This is absolutely sexy. I will have to get a bottle. :wub2:

This reminds me of one of those super good-looking, "pretty boy" type men: it is too smooth and too certain of its own charm. Those qualities are almost a guaranteed turnoff for me. Heh.

I like all the notes here (except for brown musk, which is never my friend), but somehow the sum of the parts plus the gingerbread just doesn't do it for me.

Overconfident, self-satisfied musky gingerbread. :lol:

Wet: Cinnamon heavy Gingerbread YUM

Dry: cinnamon gingerbread MUSK not red musk but a truly musky musk lol. Fortunately its just a hint of musk but it still somehow overpowers tbe cinnamon and gingerbread that I loved in the beginning. I will definitely use my decant.

Gingerbread, red musk, and a hint of cedar.

So really, this is a red musk version of Gingerbread Poppet. It's a slightly foodie red musk, and for all you ladies and lads that love a good red musk blend, give this a whirl.

Sexy gingerbread.

Musky gingerbread, mmm. Oh so THAT'S the civet. Definitely a little funky animalistic but not butt. Good to know I can wear it. This is sticking surprisingly close to my skin. It gives me evil gingerbread vibes. Fun to sniff but I don't need a bottle.

Gingerbread with red musk, brown musk, civet and ambergris accord, Ceylon cinnamon, black cedar, black moss, and pine tar.

In the bottle: Gingerbread. It's like Shub Niggurath omnomnom.

On my skin: More gingerbread! Honey, is that you? I don't get any of the greens or musks yet. Some minutes later.. Musk! I smell the red musk while I can't smell the gingerbread at all. That's quite a change. I still get no greens.

Drydown: Red musk. Where are the greens? :(

This smells...pretty much exactly how you'd expected it to, which is Satyr + Gingerbread. The labs ginger note usually goes sort of rotting on me, to my chagrin, but the Satyr seems to keep it in check (mostly), which is awesome. The spices in the gingerbread add a nice grounding to the scent and help cut the sweetness in Satyr a bit.

I'm enjoying my decant, but considering my confusing relationship with Satyr I probably don't need more unless this ages differently.

ETA: And for those that don't already know what Satyr smells like, it's feral sweet musk.

Edited by Allumina

Testing from an imp from my Yule decant circle.

IN THE IMP: Gingerbread, baked goods, musk, dirt.

Dabbed in crook of arm (I usually will put on wrist AND in crook but in this case I was test driving THREE of the Yule Gingerbread scents at once and so split the difference on this and Gingerbread Troll).

WET: As I first apply it I get a surprising sour smell but that evaporates almost immediately and doesn't come back. After that I am getting predominantly spicy gingery gingerbread but with that little bit of dirt. I'll call it "dirty gingerbread." It's warm but with a little wildness.

DRYDOWN: This dries down to straight gingerbread with a cinnamon-spice kick.

OVERALL: I'm surprised by how much I like this. It seems to amp the good notes (well, good for me) whereas ambergris, which often makes me nauseated, is almost invisible.

On a scale of 1-5, a 4.3

This is mostly sharp cinnamony gingerbread on me, with pine coming through a little ways through drydown. The "Satyr" aspect doesn't come out on me until hours after it's dried, at which point it's mainly a clean, somewhat spicy red musk.

I'll let this settle for a week and then try again. Also, applying this straight out of the shower was not a good idea - it turned my skin red.

Ok now, this is GOOD!! I really like Satyr, it is animalistic, raw sexual masculine energy. The spices fem it up a bit in Gingerbread Satyr. I'm getting musky gingerbread with a touch of vanilla, which is probably just the Snake Oil. This may be the actual blend where I buy a gingerbread scent, no others have lived up to my picky expectations. This is what I though Gingerbread Snake would smell like. Hmm, not sure how I'm going to afford this, but I NEEDS it my PRECIOOOOUS. :joy:

on me this is sugar and spice, but not, you know, interesting. but I put it on Boyfriend and it turns into the most amazing, sexy musk. oh dear.

In the bottle - Good thick gingerbread with a hint of something dark in the background

Wet on me - The gingerbread seems to get warmer and spicier

Dry on me - This is mostly gingerbread, there is a green bitterness beneath but always masked by gingerbread

Overall - I like this a lot, which considering Satyr was fairly evil on my skin is impressive

ITI: Gingerbread once again seems to be one of the few notes I can detect in the imp. Perhaps there is a touch of cinnamon, but I'm having trouble making much else out.

Wet: Okay, so this is much more "round" in scent than it's Troll counterpart. I get the Ceylon cinnamon, gingerbread, and both brown and red musks. I like this much better already.

Dry: It's much softer than I had anticipated due to the musts and faint cinnamon. There is just a touch of gingerbread, but it's just the faintest impression of a cookie baked hours ago.65

Wet: musty gingerbread with a little cedar.

Dry: hella cinnamon, stale gingerbread and musk. Meh

Several hours later: this smells like cinnamon sugar gram crackers with a little marshmallow fluff (I don't know what happened). 

If you amp cinnamon and you don't like it, this probably isn't for you.

BUT, if you like red musk and gingerbread you'd probably enjoy this.

Sexy gingerbread. 'Do you know the muffin man'? Sure do now, ya snack. 😎👀