Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

MISS JENNY
Miss Jennie Creagh, a dashing brunette, has splendidly furnished her palace at 17 Amity street, from top to bottom, sparing neither expence nor labor to render it a palace of beauty forever, with it's French mirrors, English and Brussels carpets, rosewood furniture, superb bedding and everything in character. This emporium of love and beauty is one of the finest in the city.

Pink peony, white carnation, freesia, white peach, amber, and pale woods.

Of all of the NYCC exclusives, this was the one that sounded the prettiest/sweetest to me, but it just goes to remind me ONCE AGAIN that even though notes are mentioned, we have no idea in what proportion. I was expecting to be able to detect more of the floral notes here since I adore carnation and freesia. What I get from this once it's dried down is mostly amber, pale woods and white peach - very beautiful! It's *elegant*, and though it does go through a powdery stage it ultimately ends up with the sweet peach and pale woods being most prominent for me with a delicate carnation peppery kick, which I really enjoy. It wears close to the body but I love it. :)

I don't know if I can improve on GRR's description. The peach is very present. I picked up extra bottles of this specifically because of this peach note. It's a big candy-ish, but a very high-end peach candy that I can't put my finger on. The amber is there, warming it just a bit. I was hoping for more carnation but I am getting mostly freesia out of any of the floral notes.

This is a sophisticated but sweet scent. I think this will be the second most wanted out of the NYCC scents.

As it dries down, the woods do pop out.

I never detected any of the pale woods on me, and I'm glad the amber was absent, as it tends to turn everything into baby-powder-of-doom. The peach is present, but light, and not a lush juicy peach like Josie, but more of a light, fresh peach that blends easily with the florals. I really get the peony and carnation distinct of each other, and it's a very pretty blend, though I don't think I really know what freesia smells like. It's also an amazingly sexy blend considering the floral dominance. I wore it to a party the other night and the throw was pretty decent, had a few people comment on how good a smell this was, and I was definitely surprised by how it dried into something really sexy, not just "pretty" which is what I kind of expected.

Peony, carnation and freesia are three of my favorite floral notes, and peach has always done lovely things with my skin chemistry, so I went hunting an event fairy. The gracious tuesdaynexxt on LJ offered to pick up a bottle for me! :squee:

In bottle: Hello florals! Spicy carnation, creamy peony and cool freesia all make themselves known. I can just detect the peach adding some sweet and tart to the proceedings. The amber and woods are barely a hint, if that. Something smells ever so slightly off, not bad, just ... indefinably odd. I'm not sure what's doing that.

On skin: Oh. MY. The oddness starts to fade right after application, and the scent blooms beautifully. The florals still predominate, but the peach and woods come out of hiding. I can't quite pick out the amber, though it may be adding to the sweetness and depth.

Drydown: I agree with everyone above who called this both an elegant and a sexy scent. Utterly feminine blossoms and fruity-sweet peach, with just enough wood and amber to deepen the blend and keep it from becoming frivolous (not that there's anything wrong with frivolity, mind you. :boogie: ). Just lovely all around.

Conclusion: KEEPER OH YEZ. I would wear this to impress, I would wear this to entice. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, and thanks again to my NYCC fairy! :woohoo:

This was the NYCC exclusive that I really wanted to work (Jenny was my childhood nickname), and the one that I most feared wouldn't.

Sadly for me, the latter is the case. Damn you, peach! :@&*$!:

I was hoping that the woods and soft flowers would dominate here, but I'm getting a lot of peach and I really, really can't stomach that scent on my skin. Fresh, ripe & juicy piece of fruit in my hand? Smells great. Peach perfume on my wrist? Barf-worthy. I had a similar nauseated reaction to Josie.

I'm sure this is gorgeous on some. Not me, though.

:cry2:

Thoughts before testing: Peony can overwhelm the other notes, and amber has been going funky on me lately. Everything else is a win though so let's see how this turns out!

Wet: Candy sweet peony and sweet peach. This is overwhelmingly sweet when wet.

Dry down: The peony and peach tone down the sweetness and mellow out. I get just the tiniest hint of carnation in the background. This is pretty.

Dry: Still mostly the peony and peach show.

Final thoughts: This is pretty and soft, but not me I think. I like the peony in Blossoms in Springtimes and the peach in Josie better, and the overall feel of this isn't right for me. Maybe if I had gotten more of the carnation or woods it'd be different, but thank goodness this is headed to a much more appreciative home!

Verdict: Off to a better home!

ETA a big HUGE thank you to my lovely pick up fairy! :wub2:

Edited by Alethia

OMG. Freesia, I think you hate me. So underneath the FREESIA OF DOOM, I have this warm woods, amber and peach.

And THAT smells delicious. Except for the whiffs of Freesia that sems to overlay it all from wet to dry....

My heart is broken.

I got this because of my namesake and I can't wear it. :(

(on the other hand, if I were patient enough, I'd see how this ages....)

This was my favorite of the NYCC exclusives, and the only one I ended up buying for myself. This had something to do with the fact that my name is Jenn, but only a little.

Peony is one of my favorite florals, and I love peach notes, so this was one of the blends I knew I wanted to test. It's very pretty, light, and airy as it first goes on, with the peony and peach prominent. As it dries I get a bit more of the amber and woods underlying the sweetness and giving the scent a little more depth. It's extremely wearable and elegant, with light throw, and it's more bright and pretty on me than sexy, making it a perfect daytime and work scent.

This reminds me of Peony Moon and some of the asian themed Lunacies (Budding Moon, the original Dragon Moon). I definitely get the tart, sweet peony and a breezy, fruity blossom note that reminds me of plum blossom, but I suppose it's the freesia and white peach. It's a cool, sweet spring floral. Like spring flowers and cool breezes rustling through tree blossoms and laundry hung out to dry.

I can't wear these clean floral type scents (the soapy edge gives me a headache), but I do like the sweetness of this. It's a very cheery, clean, sweet floral.

Edited by Little Bird

In the Bottle: Sweet wood, I wasn't really sure about this, it smells nice but I was cautious.

Wet: Spicy peach carnation! A good throw and just lovely all around. I think I have a new favourite scent. There's a smattering of freesia here and the faintest of amber, but nothing really woodsy and nothing I can smell in regards to the peony. It's very sweet and just wonderful!

Dry: Spicy amber peach with a little bit of woods. I really love this all around, I thought it would be too sweet, and it's VERY sweet on me, but I like it!

Wet: Well, I know what every note in this blend smells like... except peony. So I'm guessing that's what I'm smelling! It's a sweet peony scent. Very nice.

Dry: YUM! This is a keeper, for sure. It's a very sweet, peachy floral scent on my skin with a touch of amber. This is a good floral for those who florals usually don't work well on (Read: Me! Florals usually go super soapy on my skin).

The scent dries a bit light on my skin, which just means I'll need to slather it. ;)

4/5

Sweet and fruity, more gummy candies than anything with a touch of heady floral. This smells like a tropical perfume, the kind that my mom likes. I think I need a girl drink now.

In bottle: this is a light floral, but once given a little aging it's more present than memory and my notes serve. It's a mix of peony and freesia with pale woods in the background. Almost heady.

Wet on skin: softens a bit and smooths out, it's not as strong as it was in the bottle--it's actually got an ethereal feel going on now. Lighter, but sweeter, and more evenly blended. It's difficult to really pinpoint what flowers I'm smelling.

Dry: soft floral with a very, very light fruity vibe from the peach. I'd say this is something like a "girlier", more "present" The Unicorn--it has that same kind of ethereal feel but with an extra dose of that peach to ground it, I think. It's soft, almost faint, but very pleasant. I keep expecting the carnation to rear its head and give me a dose of clove, but I'm not getting any of that here. Maybe the white variety is good for me?

Verdict: I'm keeping my bottles, I'm glad I chose to take a chance on this.

ITI: It's sweet and floral, like a Sunday mimosa sitting on the garden veranda.

Wet: It's light, innocent, and airy. The peach is certainly ripe, and it's framed beautifully by the peony and the carnation. The freesia sits behind the other notes adding a little soapiness, but mostly tamed by the amber.

Dry: I'm surprised that such a light scent would still be detectable after 12 hours, but I can still make out the peach and the peony.

Another Jennifer here, I bet you can guess why this scent caught my eye at first :lol: Of course then I read the notes and peach? freesia? amber? Yeah, I had to get this one. In the bottle this is mostly peony, woods, and a hint of peach and wet on my skin that's mostly what I'm getting as well. As this dries it smells like peonies and freesia, fresh washed by a spring rain in a garden bed mulched with wood chips. I'm not getting much, if any, peach now but you know what? That is totally ok because this smells absolutely fabulous without it. As it dries down even more I get much more of the woods and the florals take the backseat as the peach inserts its sweet aroma once again. I think one of the woods must be a pale cedar because I'm getting just a tad bit of pencil shavings fading in and out between the peach sweetness as well.

This is a soft scent when dry with a gentle throw that sends out searching tendrils of come-hither sweetness :wub2:

Sniff: Big rush of freesia and cloyingly sweet peaches. It kind of smells like brand name lotion, thick and dense and bordering on heady

Wet: The juicy sweetness of the peach is still apparent, but now the florals are coming through. I'm still getting a lot of freesia, but also a soft backdrop of velvety carnation and slightly spicy peony. It mellows on the skin, losing a bit of the headiness, becoming more rounded.

Dry: Amber kicks in, giving just the right amount of powder as the peaches calm down and get taken over by flowers. After an hour or so, this is pleasantly floral with just a hint of fruit, very pretty and soft.

this a peach with greenery and wood on me. i tend to steer clear of peach but i got this in a lot of NYCC scents, so i tried it. the peach has a sourness to it, probably from the woods...neither scents work so well on me. the amber and carnation are nowhere to be found here, which is too bad, because they would help this scent for me!

mostly light woods and dry amber with light florals here. the notes smell pretty indistinct to me. i thought i would like this a lot because peony + carnation are two of the rare floral scents that i enjoy, but it is just really generically pretty and perfumey and not something i will ever wear.

In the bottle: Peony, carnation, freesia, and peach. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's very peony, though the carnation and freesia do try to make themselves known. As it dries, the woods do start to come out, and they are pale -- they literally smell like driftwood to me. Given more time, the peach also comes out. Overall, though, this remains a pleasant, light but grounded floral. It's the type of thing that I'd love if it were an atmo, but it's not so much in my perfume wheelhouse.