Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sugared incense

Theyve probably been mentioned but Hollywood Babylon and Kabuki are both nice scents with a forefront of sweet cherry with an undercurrent on incense. I love them both.

I just tried agape, at first it is sour fruits on me but the sweet honey incense after is awesome! and it layers well with leather scents!! also, a new favorite is hanerot halalu:)))) holy crap! it is awesome!!

If you like myrrh, and sweet resins in general, maybe you'd want to try Chimera (cinnamon, myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal). If it isn't complex or incensy enough for you (despite the ingredients, it reminds me of European cookies), you might try it for layering.

so.. any new recommendations? especially from the limited editions that are out now? :D

All Souls'! The minging of incense and cake is positively addictive. Dia De Los Muertos is more on the floral side, but in the sense that the flowers are resting on a cloud of sweet incense.

So Below sounds like it should be added to the list, though I haven't tried it.

Has Vixen been mentioned? It has now! :)

Edited by lookingglass

so.. any new recommendations? especially from the limited editions that are out now? :D

Definitely agree with 'All Souls'. It is a perfect mix of incense and cake. Not too foodie, and not too sharp. Just seriously perfect. I ordered 2 bottles myself, and have a swap out for an additional years version XD

Hell's Belle!

Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

Black Taffeta - it takes a while to sweeten up but it's rather nice once dry.

Edited by alterosen

Has anyone mentioned Loi Krathong yet? To my nose it is in the same family as Midnight on the Midway, only it is a distinctly tropical sugared incense with a background of banana and coconut.

:smile:

Okay, King Cobra is the snake slithering with glorious frankincense. While not sugared per set, the snake oil sweetens it right up.

Another suggestion is Jacobs Ladder. Maybe frankincense just goes very sweet on me, but this one is very sweet incense.

One final parting suggestion. All you sugar lovers should stock up on Clive Barker Sweets to the Sweet. You can sugar up any scent you like by layering it with this. Its damn near perfect!

Edited by sprout

Xiuhtecuhtli is something to try if you like sweet incense. It is described as:

Patron of the Aztec pantheon, he is the personification of light within darkness, warmth in the cold, and life in, and after, death. He is a creative and destructive God of Fire and Light, and is appeased only by sacrifice, trial, and the slaughter of his people’s enemies. Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.

About Midnight from the current Plagues of Egypt fits the bill for me. From start to finish, it's a sweet, sweet incense on my skin, that smells almost exactly like the great scent that wafts out when I open a box of Japanese incense. From reviews I gather it's very different depending on skin chemistry, but for me it's glorious and the best "sweet incense" blend I've tried, next to Loi Krathong, which I'd also rec.

A Stroll Through the Quarter is an amazing banana incense scent on me. I love it! Definitely the foodie lovers sweet incense scent! :wub2:

Adding a rec for Midnight on the Midway! Once it dries it smells just like sweet nag champa incense :)

Oh wow, I don't get that at all! Mine is mostly blue musk, bit of sweetness and some florals. Always amazing how something smells so different to other people.

Yep! When I first tried it I got all ivory soap. That was as soon as I took it out of the mailbox! After a few days, all the incense started coming out. I'm hoping it comes out even more as it ages. I definitely prefer the dry stage to the wet stage. Im not too familiar with blue musk - maybe that was the soapy scent mixed with some of the florals? idk!

I think A Stroll Through the Quarter has a good sugared incense feel as well! Plus banana. The Dorian adds just a bit of sweetness to the incense, which in itself is beautiful too.

Would definitely recommend it here.

I don't know how the Scalia, Mystical Aphorisms of the Fortune Cookie, compares to the list above, but fortune cookie incense... nice. :) Reviews look like folks are getting cherry/almond and vanilla, but that the drydown is primarily incense sweetened by those.

I think I slightly prefer sweet incenses (is that the plural form?) to be sweetly floral (a la Hymn) rather than foody, though.