Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sugared incense

I love Snake Charmer Res! My other favorite sugared incense and (hopefully, HOPEFULLY) available again soon when the CD comes back, is Temple Viper:

Snake Oil with sugar cane, frankincense, champaca, opoponax, labdanum, and hyssop

The incense seems similar on my skin, but it could be the vanilla + exotic spices that they both share!

Temple viper is what started all this! I love it, and it made me realize that all the resin oils I get, what I really want are sugar incense! Like temple viper, but with amber and plum! = snake charmer:)

Now I just need to find one available!

Temple viper is what started all this! I love it, and it made me realize that all the resin oils I get, what I really want are sugar incense! Like temple viper, but with amber and plum! = snake charmer:)

Ha, sorry! I have been dipping in and out of this thread whenever I saw new posts, and completely forgot what whas the original love! I put on some Temple Viper today and thought, "hmmmmm.... sugared incense"!

:lol:

And I hve been following the posts for the same reason..... love, love the sugar + incense combination!

Ha, sorry! I have been dipping in and out of this thread whenever I saw new posts, and completely forgot what whas the original love! I put on some Temple Viper today and thought, "hmmmmm.... sugared incense"!

:lol:

And I hve been following the posts for the same reason..... love, love the sugar + incense combination!

this is my all time favorite thread! sweet incense recs?! hell yeah!! Temple viper, snake charmer! drool, now I just need to find all the ones mentioned and find out what are more to look up and hunt down!

Ok! I have tried tons!

Mam ji LOVE I want to find more coconut incense!

Snake charmer, both original abd reserve! Favorite!

Mme moriarty swoon! Sex non setiata, mr jaquel, mourning lace, the masque, no 93. These are so far happy hits!

Any more suggestions for incense blends with amber, coconut, carnation, and plum?

Light, sweet, incense with coconut? Try Mlle Lilith, Fortune Teller. Also in this general category might be Fire For Thy Stepmother's Daughters. On the darker and heady side of incense Bien Loin D'Ici & Masquerade.

I have the last two, a lot of bien imps:) but I haven't heard of the others, off to look them up!!! Thanks:)

Lot and His Daughters has the same incense note as The Night Raven, but with other nice things as well, like a soft leather, soft so you won't smell like fine luggage.

Have you tried Al-Azif? A lot of people get a sweet incense note from it. I didn't :cry2: but a lot of others do.

Edited by AlectoFurious

Oh. holy brain farts Batman....how could I forget Desire? The notes are bittersweet neroli, black patchouli and black musk, gilded by apple, bergamot, blood red rose, teak, and vanilla. This smells divine. Like a sugared fruit incense on me.

Have you tried Al-Azif? A lot of people get a sweet incense note from it. I didn't :cry2: but a lot of others do.

I second this Al Azif is amazing, but it is kind of milky, if you like that it's great. It's kind of what I wanted Morocco to be except I can't smell Morocco. It's similar in feel to Kubla Khan, but less salty.

Here's a couple recs that might be a little more musky, but to me still have a dark, sweet, resiny vibe....

If you can find it, you should definitely try Snake Charmer, which is Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.

also, this might be further afield, but have you tried Blood Kiss? That's definitely got a dark, sweet, earthy kind of vibe - Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

ETA: and I agree with posters above that Fairy Market might be exactly what you're looking for, but finding some isn't easy these days.

Edited by ayelienne

I second Al-Azif. You might also like King Cobra, and if you can find it, the original Hellfire is pure sweet incense on my skin.

Just thought I would mention - if you layer SN Siberian Musk over Midwinter's Eve - it smells very similar to temple Viper and the like! :wub2:

Based on some of the things you really seem to like (Mme. Moriarty, for example), I wonder if checking out the red and black musk threads might be helpful, as it seems like there's some crossover (I may be biased by the fact that I tend to amp the sweetness of both of these musks ;-).

It also might be worth trying Dia De Los Muertos, Samhain and Third Charm from the Raven Moon update. I haven't tried the last one, as it is new this year, but SSLM and Samhain might have the feel that you're going for. And are amazing regardless. ;)

As someone who adores Snake Oil and Urd, I'm also going to throw out Masquerade. A festive, dazzling blend, layered in mystery and intrigue. Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom. I love it so!! Also, Sin sweetens up with my skin chemistry, but it's not fruity: Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

Edited by The March Hare

I need to try this one, Fairy Market. I just got a bottle of third charm and nearly dies, holy beautiful! It is like womb furie and scherezade!! In love!!

Snake charmer is still my all time favorite, but it is so hard to find I almost never wear it for fear of running out! Masquerade is another I will add to my hunt down list! It is funny, I still haven't outgrown this type of scent, they are still my favorite! My box is filling up with amber sweet scents, honey sweet scents, and resin sweet scents! With one or two carnation scents for fun:)

I don't know if it has been recommended yet, but Bette Noir may be up your alley. You like a lot of the same notes I do.

It has Benzoin, wild plum, smoky amber, bergamot, orange blossom, myrrh, and dark berries.

I haven't gotten my bottle yet, but the reviews are awesome, and it's got resins and dark fruit. :wub2:

Kaiden as well.

Rosehip, plum blossom, white sandalwood, jonquil, and amber-laden incense.

Both are Boom! Studios.

Edited by Mechanical Death

I don't know if it has been recommended yet, but Bette Noir may be up your alley. You like a lot of the same notes I do.

It has Benzoin, wild plum, smoky amber, bergamot, orange blossom, myrrh, and dark berries.

I haven't gotten my bottle yet, but the reviews are awesome, and it's got resins and dark fruit. :wub2:

Kaiden as well.

Rosehip, plum blossom, white sandalwood, jonquil, and amber-laden incense.

Both are Boom! Studios.

Betty noir! Sounds awesome!

I bought Samhain and fell in love:))) it's amazing! Now I am trying to track down original hod:)) surgar incense and carnation is what I am hunting !