Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sugared incense

I love incense too! Have you tried my favorite of all time, The Night Raven? It's awesome beyond awesome for me. Also from the Tanukis, Jibiki and Tanuki No Amiuchi.

The Witch Queen is one that I have been dying to try as well.

What about Morgause?

I haven't tried any of those:) yeah for new ones to search for!!! What about hellion? Reading it's reviews makes it sound perfect! Plum, narcisuss, heavy sugared incense:)

Anyone here have some words on that oil?

I don't know that one! Let me know if you try it.

Get some The Night Raven, if you want I have an imp I can send you, just drop me a PM.

Smut:) need to hunt that down too!

Sweet:) thanks, I will! Look up hellion, the reviews are making me crazy fir some!!

Since I mentioned Athens have you tried Mama Ji? Some reviewers read it as an incense. The flowers are real close to Athen's. It is the spices of Morocco with the flowers of Athens.

Smut was too honey for me. Urd was funky. Body Remember had some weird plastic note. Going by how you are reacting to stuff that is close but no cigar I think we have similar tastes. I used to go for incense all the time then florientals and now spicy florals.

Lot and His Daughters is being D/c at end of this month. It is incense and sweet but with just a hint of dirt in it. Not a dirty patchouli but my body funkifies geranium to something musty. Similar to Moriarty with orange instead of plum although I see you like plum. At least you can still get Lot and Mme should be available again soon.

I will think about amber... the best was Pallas Athene and that is hard to find. I am hoarding it whenever I see it.

Did you try defututa again? It is closer to skin than athens, mme moriarty all those things but it has that feel to it.... mysterious, sweet, spicy, resinous

edited for spelling

Edited by elka

I did try defuta:) it is in my keep imps. its good but still not perfect . I need to look up the others you mentioned. I think we do have very similar scent loves<3 I love orange blossom too, vixen is a fave! I am gonna try layering voodoo and temple tonight and see how that works, since until I find the perfect match, layering may be my best bet!

I am loving all the suggestions. Bpal has so many oils there are just tons I haven't even heard of! So, this will help ne update my wish list and point ne to some new ones to hunt down:)))

How about Medea: Night-blooming cereus, black orchid, black currant and myrtle leaf enshrouded in the incense of Hecate's cypress and myrrh, and the dark rage of magickal labdanum and intoxicating poppy.

Morgause: A bouquet of five night-blooming flowers deepened by dusky violet, purple fruits and the barest breath of medieval incenses.

Event Horizon: Black opium, labdanum, opoponax, black orchid, and benzoin.

All three of them are sweet, purple-smelling incense blends to me. Morgause is probably the sweetest.

Medea has been on my need to find imp list:) and I LOVE event horizon! I have a smidge imp of that one. I think I need to try it again and see if it fits:)

I just scored a smut imp though! Woot woot! Tomorrow I will up date my wish list with all the recs here:)))

What about Sugar Skull?--Vibrant with the joy and sweetness of life in death! A blend of five sugars, lightly dusted with candied fruits.

I know it doesn't mention incense, but it has that vibe, and it is definitely sweet.

Or maybe Devil's Night--This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk.

From the GC, you might like Sybaris--Bright violet with sweet clove, Mediterranean incense notes and tonka bean.

I haven't tried any of those:) yeah for new ones to search for!!! What about hellion? Reading it's reviews makes it sound perfect! Plum, narcisuss, heavy sugared incense:)

Anyone here have some words on that oil?

Hellion is amazing, but to me it's more of a smoky sexy incense than a sugary one.

If you do get an imp of Lot and His Daughters keep in mind it is super strong woah nelly in the bottle/imp. At least to me. It softens almost immediately when it hits the skin. I just retested it yesterday due to Salon panic and will probably dab it on again today to double check. It is just slightly off on me but, judging from your previous threads {which I have read in past since I noted we have similar tastes}, you are more into patchouli than I am. I am more a myrrh girl than a patch girl although the patch in this is very well behaved on me.

I have lot and his daughters, mama ji, Pallas athene,, mr Jaqual all coming!!! Now to track down the others:)

And funny, I am actually much more a myrrh girl then patchouli but I keep getting drawn to patchouli blends:/

Subaris sounds awesome! Another one I have never heard of:)))

I keep shying away from sugar skull, the candy fruits, but I will hunt an imp of it down!

I don't see All Souls mentioned here yet, but it's incense and cake: "An incense blend that invokes the higher qualities of mercy and compassion, mingled with the soft, sugared currant scent of offertory soul cakes." It came out in '06, '07, and '10, and the two earlier years are both available on Etsy!

I think I have an all souls imp in my swap pile! I will have to dig it out and try it again:)))

All Souls is amazing to me, but I find it very frankincense dominant, which is fine by me. Ella I have your Night Raven flying to you...I hope maybe you will love it...

Oh! And here is one I just tried, that is pretty amazing, Gothic Horror.

Edited by stellamaris

You might give Loi Krathong a try, though it is a very different beast from Snake Oil or the like. The incense in it is not like others I've tried...more of a wood undertone. I think the coconut bark gives it a nice sweetness.

Stellamaris!! You are awesome!! Thank you, I can't wait to try it!!!

Isn't gothic horror one of beths favorites?:) I need to look it up.

Any sweet incense ambery with a carnation spice note?

I would second Blood Amber, Spellbound, and Delphi, and also offer up Brisingamen and Harlot. I generally wear blends primarily containing warm, heavy scents like amber and I distinctly recall Delphi being too sugary and Spellbound too rose-y on me. If you want sweet and carnation, those two are probably your best bets.

You could always layer a sugar scent over a heavier scent, too, like Cathedral under High-Strung Daisies (which has both sugar and carnation scent notes!).

Alright, I'm no noob, but.....*hands on hips*

What is this "Hellion" you all speak of?? How could I have missed plum and sugared incense when I was hunting for my sweet incense blend?!? Granted I found Witch Queen, but what is Hellion? What category is it in? Is it Discont'd? I can't find it.

Hellion is one of my dream oils! It sounds so perfect! It is an early bpal oil, and very hard to find. I think there are a couple versions of it too:) I found it just by typing the name bpal hellion in google and then going to the review link!

Snake charmer! Omg! It's snake charmer!!!

Sugar, plum, amber, coconut, spices, incense!

Stella, you gave me a tiny snake charmer res. A long time ago! I rarely use it cause it's rare, but I just tried it again and it's perfect!!!