Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honeydew, honey, and sparkling golden-green musk.

This takes me back to visiting my friends in Edmonton, where the drinking age is 18 (I was still 17!), and drinking something delicious called a 'Melon Ball'. This smells like this tastes, sweet honeydew. Though I like the taste of this drink, the scent is too young for me. If the green musk came out, it may be more wearable, but so far it hasn't. I like this for the memories, but I"ll probably never wear it much. This would be a great shower gel scent, though, especially on a hot day.

In the decant: Extra-sweet and juicy honeydew.

On skin, wet: Same as in the decant. Yum!

On skin, dry: Definitely very similar to Japanese melon candies, that's a good comparison. There's a little hint of muskiness that doesn't quite stand out as a note on its own, but reminds me that honeydew is indeed a variety of muskmelon.

After an hour: This never changed much from the scent in the decant, except to get a little less sweet. It's still going strong, and very warm and juicy. Delicious. :)

In the imp and wet: Very sweet honeydew melon. The honey in here is reminding me of the Pike Place Market, just like it did in Ae. Aegypti. I love the honey place there, but I had no idea it would deeply affect my sensory perceptions of perfume this much, making it too weird to wear. O_O

For the first few minutes this is all sweet, honey-dripping honeydew, shortly the green musk starts to amp and the blend gets a little perfumey. It's a pleasant fruity scent, but not something I want to smell like.

This is my favorite of this years series.

In Bottle: Juicy honeydew

On Skin: The honeydew is the front runner for sure. It's in your face ripe yummy sticky fruit!!! BPAL's honey note is my favorite note ever and it sweetens this scent even more but gives it a delicious warm depth. The green musk gives it a softness that makes me watch to constantly sniff my wrist. After a few minutes the scent becomes very dry and powdery... not ripe or juicy anymore at all. It still is divine but I wish it didn't become so dry smelling. When scents do that they make my whole body feel dry and parched for some reason...

Over all I love it and the sweet green fabulousness that is is. I may try and make a body spray with it too. It's such a pick me up!

It has a long staying power and is very strong. People will be coming up to you and asking to lick your wrists. :)

The drydown is amazing! Straight from the decant it was in your face fruity. Its a bit overpowering, however the drydown is sweet and yummy.

♔ Tanuki no Hikifune

In the Bottle: Drippy juicy honeydew melon, like the innermost meat of the real fruit.

Wet: Hnnggg, THIS IS SO GOOD. It's delicious, sugary-sweet, in the way a super ripe (but not quite overipe) honeydew melon would smell like. You know when you cut up a full melon and you get the innermost meat nestled in with the seeds? The sweetest part? Yea. It smells like that. It starts to take on a bit of a LUSH-like headshop profile. A mishmash of musks, citrus, and generic florals. It captures honeydew melon as a perfume pretty accurately. Colour me impressed.

Drydown: It's a litle more perfumey as it dries down. It's still fairly candied, sugary-sweet, a little less realistic than from the bottle, but still pretty delicious. I get a trace of lemony citrus, which kind of reminds me of LUSH's Rock Star. It starts to amp which isn't fantastic to me as I generally hate lemon, but that honeydew melon-meat note is to die for, and everything else in this blend is forgiveable. I don't actually feel like I get any musk from this. The honey just smells like part of the melon, honestly. It picks up an almost sparkly perfumey profile in this stage, not quite like a commercial perfume, but close.

TL;DR: Innermost meat from a super ripe honeydew melon

Edited by celestia

Like others have said, in the imp it smelled exactly like honeydew melon, perfectly ripe and juicy and honestly pretty mouth-watering. Wet on my skin it smells just a touch more perfumey but mostly the same. Once it dried down it remained sweet and fruity, but was much softer and stayed close to the skin.

This is candy honeydew melon! Honey emerges as it dries. I am not overly familiar with green musk but it's not over powering here or powdery and really does complement this scent perfectly. I was worried I wouldn't love this scent because of the musk but I could see myself wearing it in summer. I was lovingly gifted this and I am so thankful! 

Also. Towing. Scrotum. Boat. Bless 😂