Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tativa

Till Death

Everyone loved Elizabeth. The passionate and almost reverential attachment with which all regarded her became, while I shared it, my pride and my delight. On the evening previous to her being brought to my home, my mother had said playfully, “I have a pretty present for my Victor–tomorrow he shall have it.” And when, on the morrow, she presented Elizabeth to me as her promised gift, I, with childish seriousness, interpreted her words literally and looked upon Elizabeth as mine–mine to protect, love, and cherish. All praises bestowed on her I received as made to a possession of my own. We called each other familiarly by the name of cousin. No word, no expression could body forth the kind of relation in which she stood to me–my more than sister, since till death she was to be mine only.

Till death: white rose, black locust blossom, French magnolia, globe amaranth, iris root, and honeysuckle.

OMG love! It reminds me of the floral part of Under the Harvest moon, but wetter and smoother. The magnolia and honeysuckle are the frontrunners in this on my skin, with the magnolia and rose being the ones that stick around after hours, though supported by other notes. I know those are death notes to some, but for the rest of us, I swear its absolutely lovely!

Its wet green lovely ethereal flowers!

Not much throw at all though... (disclaimer: my skin eats flowers) which is the only thing keeping me from the decant traveling over to the definite bottle pile.

After a while its a lovely clean powder on me. Its the nice kind though, that makes you think of elegant archaic ladies.

Not the call back to my childhood home I was hoping for from the note list (we had all of those things around the yard... and juniper) but still a very feminine scent I will definitely wear on occasion.

---

Edit: Out of the mailbox a week, it seems to take on more of a green note and less of a powder on the skin. I don't think this is a blend that will overcome death notes or anything, as all of the notes are pretty clear, but it is a beautiful floral I am thinking of getting a bottle of. I think this will make a better lotion scent for me than perfume scent as it is so faint.

I was feeling a bit perverse when I decided to try this.

Based on the dearth of reviews, I'm guessing that this blend was one long list of death notes for many. It was for me, but I was tempted by honeysuckle because sometimes that is magical on me. And like I said, I was feeling perverse. Maybe lots of death notes would cancel each other out, and create something unexpectedly wonderful!

Nope. There was a flare of floral doom when I first applied, and those bad notes did what they do. And then, the scent died. I have the vaguest soap note remaining.

Lesson learned. Lots of known baddies cannot morph into something pretty. :lol:

Wet, this is a high white scent with no identifiable notes; just a mishmash white floral. Dry, it settles down and smells like expensive French-milled soap. Quite nice, but not really noteworthy.

Till Death is dominated by magnolia, of all things, on me. There is also a lot of honeysuckle, very sweet. It does end up being a rather generic white floral, tending toward powdery, but might be nice for fans of magnolia.

Origin: decant circle

Initial Thoughts: Honeysuckle and magnolia are two of my favorite flowers. I'm scared of the rose, but willing to try it.

In the Vial: A crisp and sweet floral. It's very well blended, with no one note leaping forth yet. I like it well enough to start thinking about scent lockets.

Wet: The rose is trying to pull its stinky-cooked-cabbage trick on me, but the other notes are keeping it just on the edge.

Drydown: It's hovering so very annoyingly between "blech!" and "beautiful!" The skanky rose keeps lurking around while my treasured honeysuckle and magnolia just can't seem to break away. I don't know the other notes well enough to pick out.

Verdict: I will be satisfied with using the decant in a scent locket and acknowledge yet again that rose doesn't like my skin. But floral fans who can do rose should try it.

This started out with a sweet flowery Blue Morpho vibe, but then the powdery/bitter side of the black locust and magnolia came forward. It's nice, but not really for me.

Edited by Gateau

The rose is very understated here for being the first note listed. I'm getting mostly a strong, perfumey floral with a bit of sweet honeysuckle and a touch of sour rose. Definitely not for me, it is much too florally for my tastes.

My imp is a decant from the lovely PhantasmMystera.

In the imp: ZOMG, love at first whiff! . . . An utterly gorgeous floral fragrance with honeysuckle and magnolia in the forefront and rose in the background. (I don't know what the other flowers smell like, so I can't ID them.) And just sweet enough without being too sweet. Swoon-worthy perfection!

On me, wet: The rose is strongest at first, and within seconds the other florals kick in to create a heavenly balanced blend. This is going on my "Very Top Faves" shortlist right now.

After 10 minutes: No change. This is not overpoweringly strong, as can sometimes happen with an all-florals blend. It is sheer elegance and femininity. It makes me think of the American South, especially sultry summer evenings in New Orleans - that must be the magnolia and honeysuckle.

After 30 minutes: Magnolia is now the star, although the other flowers are still present as well. The scent has already become fairly subtle.

After 1 hour: As lovely as ever.

After 2 hours: Almost gone.

Verdict: Drop-dead gorgeous floral fragrance. But short-lived on the skin - reapply often or wear it in a scent locket. I MUST have a full bottle of this. And hopefully even a couple of extra bottles for backup if I can afford it . . .

My rating: 5+ stars

In bottle: Lots of white rose, well blended with magnolia and iris root, with the other flowers all contributing to an unusual and complex floral blend. It’s lovely, and different as floral blends go, pale and white with a hint of decadence. No skin test for rose.

White rose, powdery iris and a touch of honeysuckle. This is actually a pretty elegant, pale blend, and I can totally see this being good for a wedding or another formal occasion, if you dig flowers.

I'm not familiar with half the florals in this so I can't make an accurate guess of what I'm smelling here. Please bear with me :) .

Wow this is stunning in the vial.

On my skin wet: to me honeysuckle always smells vaguely of sweet green tomatoes when it's wet, so green tomatoes amidst a crowd of soft florals. This is a white/orange floral.

As it dries the green tomato disappears. To me this is a nicely blended fresh floral. It's not overpowering but has enough throw to last a while. It's elegant and somewhat old-fashioned.

Verdict: This is a gorgeous scent.

In the decant: A mix of various florals, but something sharp is lurking underneath.

Wet: The white rose, a fav note of mine, slowly comes forward.

The dry-down: In the end, this is mostly a white rose scent, but in a delicate fashion, and only slightly tempered by the other florals. Luckily, for me, the iris root doesn't take over with with its sharp note. If you like the white rose note in the Unity set from the Trading Post, but find the rest of the scent too heavy with incense notes, Till Death may be the scent you're looking for.

Till Death is much sweeter and crystalline than originally anticipated. In the vial, although I cannot pinpoint specific florals, it paints a picture of colourful flowers in full bloom surrounding a crystal clear pond. Fresh, yet humid air. The lab's rose note is usually iffy, as it can be heady and sour, but here, its barely noticeable. Same with the honeysuckle. This is more magnolia- and iris-heavy. It isn't until I apply it that the rose is noticeable. After about twenty minutes, this has really worn off, but fortunately, there's no sour rose lingering and instead, a sweet floral remains. This is a very unique floral but not sure if I should invest in a bottle.

Got a small sample of this in a swap package, otherwise probably wouldn't have tried it. I don't usually like the lab's iris or honeysuckle notes, and this overall is just way too floral for me. I have trouble wearing florals where the flower notes aren't calmed down with vanilla, incense, or anything else really.

Till Death is tons of perfumey white floral on me, mostly magnolia and iris, and sharp enough to give me a headache. I don't smell any of the rose, but I scrubbed this one off after a half hour...

On the skin: An airy floral. Very breezy and pretty. Slightly sweet as well and pleasant. I could see this one making a very pretty bridal scent. This one seems similar to Joyful Moon without the vanilla.

Not for me, but very pretty.

Very, very faint, even in the bottle. I can't pick out any specific notes except a bit of the rose. You know the smell of a box of bpal straight out of the mail, before you open any of the bottles? This is that. The is liquid bpal box. And that is something I've always wanted, so I am quite pleased!

Virtually no throw, and barely floral at this age (8 years). 

Very, very pretty. In the bottle this was slightly dusty and somewhat boring, but on my skin, the honeysuckle jumps out, along with another floral i can't place exactly. There's still something dusty or maybe... stone-y?? In there. Like this is taking place in a catacomb, or some old, oooold room. It's not strong and i need to get real close to smell it, but it is quite lovely.