Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

i'm pretty new to paypal and have a dumb newbie question:

i have a paypal balance because of some forum sales i made recently, but it's not quite big enough to cover what i want to buy with shipping charges. my paypal is tied to my checking account. do i need to transfer money into my paypal balance before i make the order, or if i make the order as is will it automatically take out the extra from my bank account without my having to manually transfer it?

i'm pretty new to paypal and have a dumb newbie question:

i have a paypal balance because of some forum sales i made recently, but it's not quite big enough to cover what i want to buy with shipping charges. my paypal is tied to my checking account. do i need to transfer money into my paypal balance before i make the order, or if i make the order as is will it automatically take out the extra from my bank account without my having to manually transfer it?

If it is tied to your checking account, when you make a purchase it will draw the money out of that count to cover the overage to your paypal balance. No need to make a manual transfer.

Are people still getting the comments eating page on paypal? I want to place my 13 order, but don't want to have to bother the Lab with a followup email to confirm my order. I'm still getting the page that WAS eating the comments, but wonder if they've fixed that glitch.

Are people still getting the comments eating page on paypal? I want to place my 13 order, but don't want to have to bother the Lab with a followup email to confirm my order. I'm still getting the page that WAS eating the comments, but wonder if they've fixed that glitch.

I've made a few paypal orders using the 'glitchy' page (or pages). The last time it ate my info was the Pink Moon order. It seems to be working now :P

i just made a TAL order with the new 2-page paypal send money thing, and it went through just fine. i think they've fixed the glitches. go ahead and order.

I moved a few months ago, and followed paypal's directions for adding a new address. It uses my old address as a default, but lets me click on the new one to specify that I want it used, instead. This wouldn't be a problem, except my last three orders, after I click on the new address, it goes back to the old one when it sends the information. My box of 13 is now sitting on a doorstep in California, and I'm in Colorado, and I had to send emails to the lab and the trading post asking them to correct the addresses they have for my next orders. This started when they fixed the problem of the blank emails.

Paypal's FAQ doesn't have any info on deleting an address, and customer service isn't writing me back. I hate to use CCNow and have the lab get charged a huge fee, but I don't want to pester them with emails every time I place an order, either. Has anyone else run into this? How did you fix it?

I've changed addresses with Paypal before...what you need to do is go to "my account" and click on "profile" and then "street address." Then select your NEW address and hit "make primary." After that, you can select your OLD address and click "remove."

Presto-changeo, no more address screwups! :P

Ahania, when you're logged in to Paypal, go to your Profile, then click on Street Address (second item in first list on the left). There you can select any address and click the "Remove" button to delete it. That's also the page where you can tell Paypal to make your new address your primary (or default) address. :D

(ETA: Morrighana beat me to it. :D)

Of course, if Paypal's doing to you what they've been doing to me -- including an address I haven't had attached to either ebay or Paypal in two years on that list during payment for "Choose your shipping address," but not having it anywhere else in either account where I can actually DELETE THE DAMN THING FOR GOOD -- then I'm sorry, I have absolutely no clue how to do that. :P

Edited by angharad

Thanks so much, both of you! I followed those directions and it didn't work, but they gave me a phone number to get a human being (it was amazing), who figured out the rest of what I had to do. (Delete CC with old address, enter CC with new address, reset it as home) and pow! It actually removed the old one. :P

Hi i placed an order on 24th april via paypal.

I am in the Uk. I haven't received any conformation of my order or payment, and I have emailed but with no reply. I haven't received my order yet either. How long does it normally take and is communication normally this bad???

thanks

Lucy

The lab is shipping about 3 - 4 weeks. You will not be receiving an order confirmation from the lab, but you should have received your paypal confirmation. What you most likely will receive from the lab is a shipping notification. You can check this thread here to see what order dates are going out.

Oooh!! right! Thank you for clearing that up for me, so I should get mine around end of may time. its my first order as you can tell, so i was getting a bit worried.

thanks

Lucy

Ok, I called Paypal and figured out the rest of my question (beware the expiration date of credit cards!), but I'm still wondering about the echeck thing.

If the echeck clears after Thunder Moon comes down will it be too late, or will the lab accept the order? I'm going to e-mail customer service right now, but that's taken a couple of days in the past and I'd like to figure this out before the Lunacy disappears. Thanks, if you can tell me anything!

Edited by SeaLady

I have a question: Does anyone know if you can pay with a credit card through paypal if you have a balance? There is a transaction I'd like to make, but I'd rather save my non-cc paypal for forumites who can only accept that form.

Mianjo, from what I understand in Paypal, it automatically draws on your balance first and will only let you pay with CC or bank once the balance is exhausted. :P

This is a general PayPal question. It may be stupid (just a warning).

Now that I'm going to college, I have a new mailing address. I know how to create a new one in the My Account section, but the way the fields are set up, I can't enter it correctly.

My mailing address for school goes like this:

My name

My university

My residence hall's name

My residence hall's street

My room number

The city + ZIP

Long, right? Too long, apparently, for PayPal; it doesn't fit into their "Name, Street, City, ZIP" formula. I honestly can't figure out a way to enter it into my profile. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'd just put the properly-formatted address in your comments field, with a basic version thereof in the existing fields (i.e. sans uni name and your res hall name in with your name, and the room number in your street field) just in case. You might write to Paypal customer service as well; this sort of thing has to have come up before!

That's what I was thinking. Thanks! I wish they had a free form where you could write whatever you wanted for an address, but I suppose that could get misused as well.

I currently live in Canada, but by the time a BPAL order has been processed I'll have moved to the States. Paypal, however won't let me add an American address because my credit card is Canadain. I haven't switched myself over financially, so I don't have an American credit card yet. I really want to make a Hunter Moon order, but I don't want it to end up at my old address. Help!

Will it let you do a "bill to" address, then a separate "ship to" address? The billing address will have to match the credit card but I can imagine you can have the items shipped to the new address with no problem.

Will it let you do a "bill to" address, then a separate "ship to" address? The billing address will have to match the credit card but I can imagine you can have the items shipped to the new address with no problem.

No, that's the weird thing. I tried to add it as a gift address but paypal wouldn't accept it. I'm emailing Ted, gotta get my hands on some Crypt Queen. I'll relay his answer back.