Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

How to make a paypal order.

Hehehe...yes, it is! It's just now almost 5am...and I'm at work already. :P

Hello! I am brand spanking new, and am wondering how to place an order to have it delivered to me in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. I am not only new to this messageboard, but I have never, NEVER used paypal before, so the instructions posted in the FAQs section is Greek to me. I have a long and lovely list of luscious things I would like to buy. But everytime I try to link to the paypal site, it doesn't work. Does anyone feel like condescending to someone who is clueless about the whole process of purchasing imps through paypal in order to get them to reach her door in Vancouver?

I am so sorry for my novitiate naievety. I just really want to buy me some imps!!

I take it you don't have an account set up with paypal? That's the first thing you'll need to do.

Here's the page explaining how it works - you need to decide which type of account you're going to establish, whether it's linked to a credit card or a bank account. paypal

After you have an account set up, and are logged in, go to the Send Money page. In Recipient's Email, type paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. (It will be stored there for future orders in a drop down menu). Type in your total, including shipping. Choose your currency (US Dollars only), and the category would be Goods. There is a section for notes - in this space type the imp sets you are planning to buy. For instance, it might look like this:

$19.50 Imp pack 1

1 x

2 x

3 x

4 x

5 x

6 x

$19.50 Imp pack 2

1 x

2 x

3 x

4 x

5 x

6 x

Shipping: $7.00

Total: $46.00

You can read about international shipping charges on the bpal FAQ page. I'ma little unclear about that, but there's a link to a thread where it's discussed here on the forum.

I haven't had much coffee - I hope that all made sense!

Good luck, and have fun choosing those first imps.

I take it you don't have an account set up with paypal? That's the first thing you'll need to do.

Here's the page explaining how it works - you need to decide which type of account you're going to establish, whether it's linked to a credit card or a bank account. paypal

After you have an account set up, and are logged in, go to the Send Money page. In Recipient's Email, type paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com. (It will be stored there for future orders in a drop down menu). Type in your total, including shipping. Choose your currency (US Dollars only), and the category would be Goods. There is a section for notes - in this space type the imp sets you are planning to buy. For instance, it might look like this:

$19.50 Imp pack 1

1 x

2 x

3 x

4 x

5 x

6 x

$19.50 Imp pack 2

1 x

2 x

3 x

4 x

5 x

6 x

Shipping: $7.00

Total: $46.00

You can read about international shipping charges on the bpal FAQ page. I'ma little unclear about that, but there's a link to a thread where it's discussed here on the forum.

I haven't had much coffee - I hope that all made sense!

Good luck, and have fun choosing those first imps.

Thank you love! I think I get it now. I'm transmitting bushels of gratitude to you n..n...n..now! You have a gift for clear explanations. Now go drink some coffee.

I have yet another naive question: I placed my order via paypal about a week and a half ago, and I recieved a 'reciept' confirmation from paypal. Does this also signify that the Black Phoenix Lab has recieved my order and is now putting it together? I just want to know if the two are indeed one and the same.

I'm probably just paranoid, but I placed a paypal order this morning. However, when I received the receipt from PayPal it didn't have my "notes" section like it usually does. Does this mean the lab didn't receive it either?

korshka, lots of people have been having that problem lately. Send an email to customer service to make sure, but I don't think they did get the notes. You'll more than likely need to email the order to them directly.

I'm probably just paranoid, but I placed a paypal order this morning. However, when I received the receipt from PayPal it didn't have my "notes" section like it usually does. Does this mean the lab didn't receive it either?

The same thing happened with me. I sent the lab (answers @____) my order - just in case, but they didn't see it so I received an email requesting the information. Talk about good customer service!

From now on, I'm going to copy & paste my paypal order into a word doc, just in case it gets eaten.

I made an order a few days ago through paypal and I got an email to say that the money was sent, but it doesn't seem to have been taken out of my bank yet. Should I be worried that the order might not have worked? Or is paypal just being slow? This was my first order using paypal so I don't really know how it works :P

From my impression, and I will need to check my bank statements which I do not have with me to make sure, Paypal does take some time to actually take the money out of your account with direct transfer, even though the seller gets the funds added to their account within the hour. However, I will check my bank statement and get back to you on that one.

So don't worry. I haven't yet had a problem with people I paid not getting their money. Just it is useful to have a backup source of funding, in case there is an insuff funds message from your account, but from your post that does not sound like it is a problem right now.

Wow, it's a couple days for some of you?

I paid with an instant transfer last night for my Skelli Girl tee from BPTP and it was already taken out of my account this morning!

*groan*

Okay, something that has been confusing the heck out of me for some time is how to calculate shipping when paying by PayPal. Initially I used CCNow for most of my orders, but decided I'd rather use PayPal and not my credit card. However, I kept re-reading the info on the BPAL front page regarding paying via PayPal vs. CCNow, and could see no mention of what to do re: shipping charges. I also tried to find this info in the forum and, until today, was completely unsuccessful ... I kept thinking "there MUST be information on this!" yet I could never find it! (For some reason I didn't think to check the Lab's FAQ, and I don't know why, except I can't brain properly.)

So ... for my past two orders (that includes the one I made yesterday) through PayPal I didn't calculate ANY shipping. I figured the Lab would email me and let me know what I owed on that, if it was a problem. They didn't on the first order, but now that I've finally found the information in this thread and seen the FAQ on shipping rates, I'm thinking I should just go to PayPal and forward them the shipping amount. I was going to ask for advice on this, but I know I'm just going to go ahead & do it before there's time to get a response. (Any advice welcome, though!)

I think it'd be a good idea for the Lab to include a link to shipping information right in the announcement on the front page where they explain their preference for PayPal when not using a credit card!

(I know ... sometimes I'm embarrassingly slow to figure things out.)

:P I'd fwd the shipping $ as you plan to do.

Orders totaling up to $20.00: $5.00

…up to $40.00: $6.50

…up to $100.00: $8.50

…up to $350.00: $12.50

Shipping costs will be waived for all orders over $500.00.

I think I take the long way around making paypal orders. I put everthing in the CCNow cart (I always forget to write what I want down when I browse plus it tally's everything incuding shipping) then I copy/paste it into the note fields in paypal. I have to edit out lots of blanks so it actually makes sense but it works because I'm lazy when it comes to math outside of work... :P

I think a lot of people do that. As long as you remember to copy/paste it into a paypal window (rather than using CCNow to complete the transaction with their paypal option, which charges the Lab double fees), it's a good way to make sure you're paying the right amounts. :P

I think I take the long way around making paypal orders. I put everthing in the CCNow cart (I always forget to write what I want down when I browse plus it tally's everything incuding shipping) then I copy/paste it into the note fields in paypal. I have to edit out lots of blanks so it actually makes sense but it works because I'm lazy when it comes to math outside of work... :P

I do that too, and that way I let CCNow figure out the shipping for me. I'm far too lazy to add everything up on my own :D.

Hopefully someone can help with this... or tell me who to talk to!

I accidentally hit the submit or "place order" or whatever button that is that sends the money in PayPal before I meant to. So I forgot both the shipping money (I'd meant to go back and fix that) and I had the wrong address up.

O__O

Yeah. Anyone have any ideas on how to go about fixing this?

Send the shipping $, then email answers at blackphoenixalchemylab dot com with the transaction information for both and updated shipping address. :P

Ugh. I just saw this thread. Does the CCnow link to paypal not work? I just made an order and used their paypal link today. =S It looks like it sent the right amount including shipping, so does that mean it is okay? What is the paypal issue?

It works, it just positively reams the Lab with fees, because CCNow charges fees and then Paypal does too. That's why the front page of the Lab's website says:

IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com and fill your order info in the comments field.

Argh. I feel retarded. I knew there was a reason I didn't use paypal before, but this time I was at work and in a hurry to place my order before my boss saw and just clicked the paypal button in order to speed things up. >_<

If we paid that way is there something we should do? Like replace the order and have the lab refund us? Or does that still charge them the fees?

Sorry everyone, I'm still new to this whole Paypal ordering thing as well. If I use CCNow (grrr...) I get charged sales tax.

**When doing a Paypal order, how the heck do I calculate tax? And is is California sales tax or the sales tax of the state I live in?**

I appoligize if I'm being totally stupid, or just couldn't find the answer somewhere else! :P

TIA!!

Sorry everyone, I'm still new to this whole Paypal ordering thing as well. If I use CCNow (grrr...) I get charged sales tax.

**When doing a Paypal order, how the heck do I calculate tax? And is is California sales tax or the sales tax of the state I live in?**

I appoligize if I'm being totally stupid, or just couldn't find the answer somewhere else! :P

TIA!!

There is no tax charged :D