Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Venneh

Half Elf v5

Wow. For some odd reason this smells JUST like Door on me. Sticky honey with some kind of green grassy note. I'll have to death match this with Door but from what I can tell this smells almost exactly like a touch lighter Door on me. A little unfortunate and disappointing to me. Grrr yay skin chemistry...

Warm fuzzy honey-vanilla. It's a very comforting scent that would be great to cuddle with. :) I am so happy I took the chance and got multiple bottles on Etsy on this one. It's amazing and right up my alley.

Wet: Rich thick sticky honey, with the barest hints of blonde wood and some tobacco note. Dry: Thick, cloyingly musty dusty honey. All honey notes do this to me..I should have known better from reading the reviews...but I am so glad I got to try it.

This reminds me of other 'fresh' honey blends that Bpal does. Door, The Lights of Men's Lives, Sarah Pezzini. There is a brightness along with the honey, but it is not tooth achingly sweet. I like these kinds of blends, and only have partial decants of the above, so I'm happy I have a bottle of this one. There's a bit of cool musk that floats in and out of this blend to make it unique in it's own way.

Oh how I've grown to love my bottle of Half Elf v5. At first sniff, it's sweet honey with a hint of something I hesitate to identify as creamy floral because I don't find it unpleasant at all. Very quickly the scent settles to become sweet, fresh honey, maybe with some tonka or vanilla?, and what I'm almost certain is oud. The scent of the oud is faintly woody but also slightly musky, creamy, even a little musty. It adds a chewy depth that I can't get enough of, in fact I think I am obsessed with that oud note. Or whatever it is in reality.

So, an interesting, subtle, natural-foresty-loamy honey blend that I think would be perfect for, say, a half-elf maiden with a creamy moon-shaped face, hair all tangly from being wild in the woods or some such. It's on the light side, so I find myself slathering whenever I wear it, which gives it plenty of strength and throw. I haven't tested the released version, but I kind of wish that this wasn't just a prototype.

In bottle: sweet, creamy and lightly musky. Almost foody but not quite? I can't decide if it's floral or fruity--not having notes to compare against can be quite tricky!

Wet on skin: a light, creamy, fruity floral scent. This is slightly vanilla-like, but not quite, either. Creamy, with a slightly honeyed sweetness, and pale florals and sweet fruits, but neutral enough that it never really goes into either side. Slightly woody, and seems to have fairly light throw. Quite beautiful! Drying, the creaminess comes out more, along with the more full-bodied wood note. Definitely sexy.

Dry: dry, this is a vaguely incense-y vanilla-like blend, with hints of musk and wood and honey and floral. it's a simple blend, a kind of low-key sexy skin scent. Later, it continues to develop, with the wood coming out more with the beautiful almost-honey sweetness, with a somewhat peppery musk thrown in. Comparing this with Glowing Vulva at Ryogoku Bridge, this is spicier, lighter (versus "heavy", not versus "dark"), and more "peppery" GV, although by no means would I call it peppery.

Verdict: a definite keeper!

Edited by angelamaria

In the bottle: Golden honey, perhaps a hint of white flowers and musk.

Wet on skin: Beautiful golden sticky (not cloying) honey, vanilla, beeswax, a hint of the same white flowers and of (white?) musk.

Dry on skin: A golden sticky, slightly floral honey, with light musk, beeswax and vanilla.

Final thoughts: Snagged a half bottle of this and it is lovely! It's similar to O, but without the cloying note that made it too sweet to me (and then turn to powder on my skin). Great throw! I wish this was the actual version of the scent so I could get one with the cool RPG label...

Try if you like: O

In bottle: O with party-pants on the rocks!

On skin: Warmer than the final version. It has coconut in it, so on it´s a blend which reminds me of Tiki princes and O.

10 minutes in: Heavenly sunny musk. A skin scent. Totally different from the released version.

Ok, I can definitely see why people have freaked out over this blend. In the bottle, it is a gorgeous sweet powdery O-esque honey blend, with maybe some beeswax, vanilla, and light florals. Smells like honey dusting powder to me.

The wet scent of this is similar-sweet powdery fuzzy honey scent. My only gripes with this blend were that it went a bit *too* powdery on my skin really quickly (I have a tendency to make things go powdery, stupid skin!) and that it faded SUPER fast. So while I think it is such a beautiful blend, I just feel like I wouldn't really end up wearing very much. I might try letting it age for a bit, because it is so pretty and so up my alley!

Chiming in to say that this is all honey, beeswax and vanilla on me - and nothing at all like the released GC scent. Lovely for layering, not cloying at all. It does disappear after three hours or so, which is too bad.

In the bottle, this definitely reminds me of blends such as Door and Lady Una. The honey is lighter and a little on the floral side. Once I apply it to my skin, a pollen-y note comes out. The florals blossom, as well. After a few minutes, I can detect a little bit of sparkling amber in here too. Funny how I have two bottles of this and have never really worn this yet. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Wet, this has a very unpleasant herbal tinge that overpowers the pretty vanilla and turns it sour. Dry, it's nothing but beeswax with a plastic edge. I much prefer the smoky beeswax of Lights of Men's Lives to the funky wax here. I don't get the hype for this one, but I'm happy I won't have to hunt down a bottle.

I should have known better from all the mentions of honey in the reviews, but the references to vanilla musk sucked me in! Honey always smells foul on me and this was no exception. I also found it to be really strongly floral which combined with the honey to become a very cloying "old lady perfume" scent. *shakes fist at skin chemistry*

I'm bad at picking out individual notes, but on me Half Elf v5 smells like honey looks: rich and golden. I'm in the honey and vanilla camp, and maybe amber and/or musk. On my skin there's nothing powdery or light about this scent. It's not heavy or cloying, but it definitely has a warm roundness to it. As it dries down whatever vanilla like component is present comes forward on my skin and seems to ground the scent; it smells less "bright", but richer overall. I don't smell any identifiable woods, but I can believe they're there. No florals or herbals that I can smell, though.

This is truly a lovely scent, at least on my skin. :wub2:

Thoughts before testing: After so many glowing reviews, how could I turn down a chance to test this?

Wet: Honey! There's a slightly greenish feel to the honey, but it's lovely. It's not too rich or too sweet.

Dry down: The green note leaves entirely and honey becomes creamy and full-bodied with a hint of beeswax or maybe vanilla underneath. Lovely!

Dry: The beeswax note becomes more prominent, and the honey smooths out even more. This is a really bright, pretty scent that feels like The Lights of Men's Lives more bubbly cousin.

Final thoughts: The combination of honey and beeswax is one of my favorites, but I'm not sure that I need both this and The Lights of Men's Lives. This is brighter and not as smoky as TLoML, but I'm not sure which I prefer. For me personally, they're too similar to keep both. Nevertheless, this is a beautiful blend that lasted for hours on my skin and I'm so happy to have been able to try it!

Verdict: Death matching with The Lights of Men's Lives!

I am so glad a got a bottle of this. even if it's not quite what I was expecting.

There's very little beeswax and no honey on me, but the vanilla is there, as is a soft musk and shimmery amber with soft florals.

Love it! :heart:

Edited by Xue_Bai

This is everything I wanted O to be and more. Where O was heavy and plasticky on me, this is a bright, realistic honey (rare for me to find in a BPAL oil) with a touch of creamy beeswax. Following behind those notes is a refreshing breeze of white tea and smooth resins.

It's slightly powdery due to the musk, which I don't normally like, but it's such a beautiful blend that it isn't bothering me. It's delicate and sensual but backed with a grounded woodsiness... which could describe many other favorites of mine. Almost seems like there's vanilla in it? This is definitely my top pick out of all the races in the RPG line, which is awesome since I usually do play half elves. :heart: Not sure how it compares with the released version though, which sounds like it might be heavier and sharper.

Sadly, this is not good on me. The honey is great for a sec, as is the beeswax. Then they combine to make icky skanky 20 year old candle wax that has lost most of its scent and is all yellowed on one side...you know what I am talking about. Not good. I shall leave it to other folks with different skin chemistry.