Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
SurrealReality

Boo v3

In the Bottle:

Buttery sweetness (in comparison to the released version, this isn't as rich or as sweet) and a note that gives a light airy feeling

Wet on Skin:

Buttery sweetness, fizz, and that same light airy note (would guess it's the 'fluttering white cotton' note mentioned in the released version)

Dry:

Cotton (not warm fresh out of the dryer cotton... this is more like line dried in the wind), fizz, buttery sweetness, and a light vanilla

I think this is lovely :lovestruck: It's definitely different enough from the released version to justify keeping, but it doesn't last very long on me, so I haven't decided yet

ETA: A big huge :hug: and a giant thank you to my amazingly wonderful pick up angel!!!!

Edited by SurrealReality

This version is very buttery when first applied. During dry down, the butter all but disappears and in its place, this sugary, foody vanilla comes on strong. And its STRONG. I do not get cotton at all in this one until the very end. And even the cotton is sugary. Very sweet vanilla/linen on me with that bit of butter peaking out every once in a while.

Wet this is buttery vanilla with fizz on me. Sweet, but not cloying. Dry down I can smell a little of the linen peaking through. I love the released Boo and I am totally loving this version too. Hugs to my pick up angel for this one too!!

4.5/5

Similar to the released version of Boo, but to my nose, much less sugar/vanilla. Its heavier on the buttery (popcorn-y) note and much more cottony. There is also a strange hint of something fruity and citrus-y in there. Its soft, light and subtle, and disappears once dry. But its there- tangerine, maybe? I happen to like the sweeter, released, version a bit better, but this one is great for a day when I would like a bit more cotton and a bit less sugar. They both are heavy on the buttery/cream, but given the cottonyness of the proto, this one seems much less foody to me.

This is in the same vein as the released Boo, except a bit more buttery and with something citrusy; I'm guessing it's tangerine as opticnerd said, possibly even a bit of grapefruit? It's like the thickest, richest, fattiest vanilla frosting wtih a hint of citrus flavoring. I also feel it's more buttery and a bit less sugary than the released, and I don't really get a linen note like in the released either. Overall it's gloriously foody and addictive!

I like this scent a lot. Actually, I like this even more than the released version. It smells exactly like Boo, but like Boo chilling at home in the summer. Boo sitting outside next to laundry drying on the clothesline, enjoying a can of sprite as the sun sets on a hot day.

Boo v3 is the creamy, cool vanilla bean type of smell from released Boo, with a little bit of clean citrus fizz at first (definitely reminds me of sprite). As it dries down, the fizz fades a bit and the most wonderful linen smell creeps out. It reminds me of white sheets drying on a clothesline, but it isn't really soapy at all, it just smells like clean linens somehow. So pretty. A clean type scent that I could actually wear <3.

This is the sort of clean vanilla scent that I would have loved to have for the summer months. It's like a clean laundry scent without the soapiness that I normally hate and with the sweet sort of vanilla that I adore. I would have bought several bottles of this if it were released, and actually prefer it to the released version...

Creamy, cool vanilla, a bit of fizz, and then a strong cotton/linen note.

Very clean laundry scent wise.

So.. with me being a fully paid-up member of the I LOVE BOO club, this proto had a lot to live up to :)

Wowsers - when it first goes on, it's STRONG. But strong in a kind of icky way - really buttery to the point of being almost cream-cheese-y. That same tang of cheesecake that's in Beaver'versary/Beaver Moon. And the vanilla has a different tone.. it's slightly sour, rather than the rich/boozy feel of the vanilla bean in the released version of Boo. And I am picking up something slightly citrus-y in here too - it doesn't smell like an orange citrus, nor a lemon - maybe it's lime.. or possibly grapefruit? It's quite subtle though, so I might just be imagining it.

But then, just as I'm leaning in to have another sniff while I'm writing this.. it's gone! In the space of about two minutes since my last sniff, it's almost completely disappeared - I have to really search for it on my arm, and when I find it; all that's left is a faint hint of buttery vanilla.

Putting aside the disappearing act, which is just plain weird, I don't really like this prototype version and I'm glad Beth continued refining the blend to get to where she did with my beloved Boo 2009. I prefer its clean/crisp feel, and I like that version of the vanilla much better. Although it's very yummy, this proto version is just too buttery for me.

Special :heart: goes out to the lovely forumite who sent me this :smile:

Fizzy sugar cotton in the imp. It's very promising.

On my skin it completely disapears. I mean, there is NOTHING left behind. No wafty goodness... Just a slight trail of washing detergent which is rather unpleasant. I'll sick to my original Boo :)

My skin has never ate a scent up like this before! Wonder what the heck happened...

Sniffing the bottle, this put me off considerably as it smelled of BPAL's milk note that just doesn't agree with me. On my skin, it's a cross between milky and buttery vanilla on clean cotton. I like it, but not sure I want to keep an entire bottle.

In bottle: Buttery popcorn mostly with something sweet. Maybe caramel or that kettle corn sugar. Wet: still buttery popcorn, but the sweet note resolves back into that lovely whipped cream note I associate with boo. Yummy and distinct from the final release. Dry: Mostly the vanilla whipped cream note common in boo, but with a touch more butter.

In the bottle it is pure buttered popcorn, but not like homemade buttery buttered popcorn but the candy, like buttery popcorn salt water taffy or jellybellys As it dries on my skin it gets a bit rancid smelling, as in buttery popcorn left to sit out far too long, but finally it mellows into sweet buttered popcorn. Like buttered popcorn sprinkled with sugar.

The last release of Boo is my go to scent, but this version will definitely see some wear.

I like this better than regular Boo!, actually. This isn't just regular popcorn, it's absolutely drenched in butter and milky cream. A little bit of sugar too, but it's mostly creamy butter. 

I’ve never tried the original Boo but I got a frottle from the lab of Boo v3 with my recent order!

Clean vanilla, slightly powdery citrus, clean linen. It’s pretty! I definitely will enjoy this in the summer. It reminds me a little of Zorya P, I’d need to compare to find out exactly, but in my memory it’s so similar.