Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Corvus Corax

The Lupercalia Scents 2011

I love Smut and Time Does Not Bring Relief.

Please share your favorites. I missed out on The Zadok Allen Vineyard (Lupercalia 2010)

and do not want to miss out on any must-have scents this year. Any recommendations?

Edited by Corvus Corax

From this years offerings:

top favorite: White Chocolate Martini - carbonated/fuzzy chocolate

Harigata II - nomnom

Aphrogenes - just beautiful, though very similar to Black Pearl on me

I fell in love with Smut 2010 late last year, and when I saw it was rereleased for 2011, I bought two bottles the morning after the update!

Womb Furie, Nymphia and Valentine of Rome are big hits for me this year.

Gods of Intercourse and Kypris deserve honorable mentions as well.

The Lupercalia update was a bust for me. I already had a bottle of Smut, which is great, so the only winner I found this year was Red Lantern. Everything else I tried just didn't work on me, or was too similar to something I already had (Womb Furie).

My wins for the Lupers this year are:

Red Lantern

Burning Vulva

Milk Chocolate, Raw Ginger, Butterscotch

Night's Pavilion

Harigata II

Parlement of Foules

Kypris

The Arbor

I think if you love Smut you'd like The Arbor. It's super red musky.

If it's wine-y scents you're after (ala Zadok Allen Vineyard) then you probably should get Anthesteria.

My hands-down favorite is Copulating Mice. I almost didn't get it because the list of notes was a big "WTF!!?!".

It's also, to my nose, the antidote to red musk, which is not a friend of mine. So it may not work on you.

Burning Vulva is funky up close, but the throw is gorgeous.

You may like Male Nude, Arms Upstretched. The red chyphre contains a little bit of red musk. To my nose it's in the snake oil family, but in a clean way.

I love Aprogenes and Nude Male, Arms Upstretched. I'm still waiting for some decants I haven't tried yet, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow so I have time to test before they come down.

Dancing Koi was the big winner for me, along with Sleeping Nymphs and Satyrs, Wrestlers, and Milk Chocolate, Cassia, and Bacon. I would have gone nuts for Womb Furie and Smut if I didn't already have bottles.

I loved Tea and The Wrestlers. It's the first time that I've bought multiple bottles of a scent -- but I know they're not coming back, and just love them that much.

For me, I love The Ring, so I caved and have 2 bottles on the way. :)

Kypris is also really really (really) beautiful.

I have a few more on the way to try out but so far my 2011 Lupercalia favorites are:

(All but 1&2 are subject to change)

1. Womb Furie

2. Time Does Not Bring Relief

3. Kypris

4. Red Lace

5. Biwa

6.Sleeping Nymph and Satyrs

8. Khajuraho

9. Luperci

10.The Arbor - very red musk/ patchouli

Trading Post:

1. Glowing Vulva bath oil

2. Spanked

3. Celeste

4. Kitty

I didn't really have many must haves because Lupercalia isn't usually a hard hitter for me when it comes to updates! Metal Rabbit (though I'm not sure if it is in the same category) is lovely and I have a bottle of that. SMUT ALWAYS WINS FOR ME, I love love love it and even still have some from last year. Other favorites though perhaps not bottle purchases for me were...

Womb Furie (this was just a little TOO sexy for me to justify a bottle purchase but WOW, just wow)

Time Does Not Bring Relief (lovely, lovely, but has a very Bensiabel feel on me)

Dark Chocolate, Fig, and Tamarind (Just glorious! Almost was a bottle purchase, but I never wear foody scents that often so I'm just keeping the decant)

Edited by ciaobonefish

My favorites were The Ring and Standing Female Nude. Just AMAZING.

As for returning scents, I love Red Lantern, Valentine of Rome and Parliament of Foules.

It was actually a really good update for me. I never THINK I'm going to be into the Lupers, but I do end up having a high success rate with them.

Definitely Dancing Koi. :heart:

I also really like Manilus Hurled From the Rock, although it smells very chemically in the bottle.

Dark Chocolate, Fig and Tamarind is good, too, although I'm nowhere near as big a fan of it as I am of Dark Chocolate, Whiskey and Cognac Truffle and White Chocolate, Black Raspberry and Apricot Cordial Truffle.

The Arbor wasn't bad, either, but it was slightly more floral than I would ideally like. It was close to being a real winner for me, but it fell just a little short. :(