Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
edenssixthday

Licorice Bats

Black licorice with cacao nibs and anise.

I was scared about the anise note, it doesn`t make good things on me normally, but it` s strong only in the wet stage, soon leaving place to haribo licorice and a touch of cocoa. Yummi!

On: Heavy, almost alcoholic anise and chocolate. Very dark.
1 hour in: Softer now. This smells like sweet, black licorice.
5 hours in: Soft, black licorice with a hint of cocoa.
6 hours in: Still about the same, maybe with more cocoa than licorice.
Overall: I really like the smell of anise and black licorice, so I'm glad this worked on me and wasn't too foody. The cacao nibs note was a nice addition and it didn't go vegetable-y on me like some chocolate scents do.

Sweet black licorice with a hint of cocoa- very nummy and pretty and soft all at the same time. I'm liking this one!!! Keeper for sure!! Yay!

Licorice Bats!!!!! Shoot me and kill me, I love this. It's total candy on me, but heavy and weighted down with something more substantial. I was lucky enough that my Best BPAL Pal did not care for the sugary note in this. Love, love, love, more proof to my theory that all Bats is good Bats...

As I slowly catch up on a rather embarrassing amount of scents I've had for a while but never bothered to review, I came across this gem again. I like the smell of licorice markedly better than the taste, and this smells like the gooey insides of Good & Plentys with an added highlight of bittersweet earthy cacao. Not an herbal anise at all. Yum. :yum:

The smell reminds me of cherry cordials at the beginning. The anise emerges more on the drydown. I'd say to me this smells more of red twizzlers licorice than black licorice.

This was mostly a black licorice single note on me. I barely got any chocolate. When wet it was all black licorice but on the dry down there was just a hint of a sweet chocolate note maybe. It was the perfect scent if you want black licorice all day long. It had good staying power and good throw. :P Overall I love to eat black licorice but not sure if I want to smell like it though. :blush2:

Sweet, licorice and cacoa. Pretty straightforward. Sometimes that anise/licorice note is incredibly strong on me and lasts forfrickingever (e.g., Kabuki), way past the point where I want to smell it any more and definitely into the stage where I fairly desperately want to smell something else now. This one's not doing that. The licorice note is much softer than I expected, and this is sweeter than I expected.

I smell like I am made of black licorice and am having to resist the urge to nom on my arms. If you are a black licorice lover, this is a must try. I'm so happy I found a bottle.

Licorice Bats starts out with a dry cacao note, then it's cocoa-coated black licorice, and eventually the chocolate fades away to the faintest hint and it's all black licorice, all the time, sweet soft black licorice.  Delicious!!!  No throw (normal on me) but good wear length.  So glad I got to try this one!