Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apricot, lemon sugar, coconut, red currant, and vetiver.

Vetiver. That's all that I got from this blend. :( I was hoping that it would be more of a background note and the others would over power it, but alas it was not. This is the only blend out of the metamorphosis collection that didn't woo me even a little bit.

Witness me making goggle eyes at the notes of this one. Bzuh? I would have only guessed the vetiver.

In the vial, wet, and dry, this is pure Peaches & Cream oatmeal on me. Granted, Peaches & Cream oatmeal with a very pleasant, soft earthy base from the vetiver, but really: Peaches & Cream oatmeal. So weird. No red currant, no lemon. The coconut is probably what's giving it that creamy feel, but honestly the smell is such an accurate replica that it's hard for me to even get analytical about it.

Objectively, it's a soft, creamy, lovely scent. Subjectively, it smells almost exactly like I spilled my breakfast up my sleeve. And it's making me verrry hungry. :lol:

Verdict: this is almost too familiar for comfort (I guess I eat a lot of oatmeal?) so I'm not going to nab a bottle, although I did seriously consider it.

Edited by Kath

In bottle/imp: A blast of apricot, overpowered with vetiver and a little coconut. Earthy and smoky, and a bit rubbery.

Immediately on skin: This smells of smoky vetiver with the apricot and a hint of currant trying to sweeten it up, and the coconut adding sort of a rubbery note.

After a little while: This scent stays mostly vetiver, though the apricot, currant and coconut add a sort of lightness to it. This scent is rubbery, smoky, and deep with a lightness over the top. It tries to be sweet, but fails.

Overall Impressions: This scent is mostly vetiver on me, when I was really hoping that all the other notes (which I love) may win out over it. They try, boy do they try, but it’s still a very dark, smoky, earthy and almost rubbery blend with just overtones of apricot, currant and coconut.

On me, all vetiver, all the time. Smelled nice and fruity in the imp, but no fruit came to the skin-test party.

Too manly for me, too fruity for DH. Passing this one along.

Wet: vetivert and apricot with a touch of red currant. The vetivert is making the sweet notes smell a bit like bile..

Drydown: the vetivert has passed! It's a miracle! I can smell all the sweet notes in order, now. Vetivert hanging in the background giving it a woody green smoky note. Not bad when dry. Not my cup of tea but not bad.

In the imp I'm already smelling vetiver and a musky coconut hull sort of smell.

Smoky, dirty sort of smell. To overpowering for me. The vetiver is actually making my eyes water.

This is quite soapy on me: like a pleasant, slightly-fruity body wash. The vetiver lends it a grounding note, making it a unisex scent rather than a super-girly one, but over time, the vetiver becomes more dominant note. (I should note that I like vetiver in general.) Overall, I think this is pretty well balanced, but the fruits are a bit muddled and indistinct (that is, I couldn't tell you what fruits they were without reading the notes list). If you're afraid of vetiver, you'll probably want to steer away from this.

Allll I got from this was vetiver. Yuck! I handed it to my boyfriend to sniff (because misery loves company) and he responded with "Is that whiskey? This is sweet and awesome!" Needless to say, it's in his tiny stash pile now.

In the bottle: vetiver, all the time.

Wet: mostly vetiver, with a hint of the red currant. I was expecting the red currant to amp like mad, as it has in other BPAL blends.

Dry: vetiver, tempered by a blend of the other notes. Not really me. Not a huge need to wash off, but I can't imagine wearing this very much. I was disappointed by not getting any touch of the apricot or lemon sugar or coconut. This could have been a lovely blend without the vetiver.

Prominent apricot and a good dose of coconut. There's a sweet and slightly woody quality. There's an underlying synthetic smell to this one on me unfortunately :(

Oh, vetiver, why must you ruin everything? Okay vetiver doesn't ruin everything, but it's ruined Common Jezebel for me. Apricot! Lemon sugar! Coconut! Red currant! All amazing! But vetiver stomps all over them. I can smell coconut (husk?) and a hint of the delicious apricot, but I had really hoped the apri-lemsug-coco-currant would be the focus, with a teeny bit of vetiver in the back to anchor it.

Vetiver doesn't often like me, and this was one of those times. I now smell like one of those little soaps left out by cheap hotels. Blech! :(

ITI: Of, this is refreshingly pleasant with its lemon sugar, currant, and apricot.

Wet: Wow, the apricot here is such a lush, delicious note. When I inhale deeper, the lemon sugar and the vetiver become apparent, followed by the currant as it dries. It's lovely.

Dry: It's become more complex with the apricot and currant both vying for the top note. The vetiver adds considerable depth and the lemon sugar keeps the scent from doing too dark. This is simply brilliant and I think I need to find a bottle of this.

ITB: Apricot and coconut milk, very sweet, with the funk I usually associate with wet vetiver hidden way beneath. The apricot is so juicy smelling!

Wet: Much the same as in the bottle, but now I can pick out the currant now. I can't pick out lemon per say, but it appears to tie the fruit scents together.

Dry: The vetiver comes forward as it dries, though it has lost the wet funk smell. It's smoky apricot in coconut milk, with hints of currant. :thud: The best I can describe it is FUZZY. While sweet, it's not all that fruity now because of the vetiver. It balances between dark (the vetiver) and light (the lemon sugar). Throw is moderate, but the scent lasts a good long while, changing subtly as time goes on.

I may be in love with it! :wub2: It will serve well as an end of summer into fall scent, as well as a spring one.

I'm a little iffy on the lemon sugar, but I love apricot and coconut so much, so I wanted to try this. Vetiver usually gets eaten by my skin completely. but I do like it while it's briefly present. Here's hoping!

Wet: Mmm, the coconut and vetiver together are fantastic - nutty and smoky. I get a little bit of sweet fruitiness from the apricot. Hmmm, the vetiver is actually amping and taking over, which is not usual for my skin. It's not unpleasant, but not the apricot/coconut scent of my dreams, either.

Dry: Very faint apricot. The vetiver does get eaten by my skin, as usual. and it takes the coconut with it, leaving only the faintest traces of scent behind. The lemon never even showed up to the part. Too bad, but this is obviously not meant for my skin. Glad to have tried it though1

Not sure how I feel about this. I immediately get the apricot and some powder when it's wet, but the lemon sugar and coconut come out slightly when dried. Vetiver was turning me off initially, but it mellowed out the longer it dried.

I think this is a good scent, but personally I can't see myself gravitating towards this. It's just not sweet enough for me. Glad I tried it at least and just settled with a decant.