Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellebelle

Xmvlzencab Bath Oil

XMVLZENCAB BATH OIL
The family of bee deities that governed creation in the Mayan lands. Their scent is wild honey, black laurel flower, plumeria, and South American ginger.

NOTE: I apply oils directly to my skin as moisturizer and do not use them in the bath.

Honestly, this bath oil surprised me. From the notes, I was expecting sweet, syrupy, dripping honey. That is not really the scent here. The predominant scent is honey, but there is a dark and spicy base which I am certain is the ginger. There is also a floral, almost kind of woody edge to this which must by the laurel. I don't really get much plumeria out of this which is surprising and it does usually amp on my skin. This is really a well balanced, quite wearable, spicy honey mix.

Eta: the far dry down is all honey - which is as led the usual on me. But that is awesome because I love it!

This has the same wonderful texture of all the BPAL oils. Light and moisturizing without making me feel greasy.

I will greatly enjoy my bottle!

ETA: I have continued to just rub this directly onto my skin with no problems, despite the ginger. I do have a skin sensitivity to some notes, but apparently nothing in this. But YMMV. Edited by Ellebelle

Thick, gorgeously spiced honey. There are hints of woods. I'm not getting much of the floral, but that could be because I am completely honing in on the gingery honey. It's like bathing in a golden cloud of happiness.

The moment I opened up the box this came in, I was like :thud: There was a luxuriously sweet, rich, incensey honey-scent swirling out of the bubble wrap, and I knew that it had to be Xmvlzencab. I made an excuse to take a bath ASAP just so that I could try it out. The oil color is sort of milky, so I I shook the bottle a few times and squirted a little into a cup before going to the tub. I wanted to make sure the components were blended, plus, the idea of wasting TP bath oils on klutzy spillage is more than I can stomach.

The sweetness is the first thing to bloom when this hits warm water. This is the same honey that's in Womb Furie, but the ginger keeps it from having the sharp-ish quality that I got from WF. I don't know what black laurel flower smells like, but I think that it mixes with the beeswax from the "wild honey" note to give this a very incensey feel.

As I sat in the tub I kept thinking that this must be as hypnotic as a scent can be without it being actually classifiable as "Dark". It's really amazing. It smells-- feral, and wild, and sticky, and almost alive... Those are my initial impressions. This isn't a scent with a distinct color as I expected it to be. It dances through the spectrum and really defies that kind of description. It goes through heady dark green and purple stages, but it never gets pinned down... at least not by my nose. As it settles and fades into the water, there seems to be a thick, almost clay-like note that comes forward.

I love this and will restock before it is taken down. One caveat: If you like applying bath oils as perfumes and have sensitive skin, be sure to either... not do that, or use an extremely light hand. The ginger has ouchie potential. I wanted to have the smell with me in full force after the bath and tried dabbing some one, and it was quite... erm, warming. Best to follow the label directions on this one.

Amazing. This is, by leaps and bounds, the yummiest thing I have ever had the pleasure of putting into my bathwater.

:evol:

Edited by Indig0

Xmvlzencab

In vial: rich honey and a gingery floral.

On skin: sharp honey, not as sharp as Tomoe Gozen, more along the lines of Oceans of Love with a bit of O. I think some of this sharpness is caused by the ginger, which is of the tangy, almost citrus variety as opposed to the gingerbread/spicy type. I’m not sure what black laurel smells like, but the plumeria is a rich exotic floral scent here, a bit like monoi or frangipani, but with honey. This smells lush and tropical. It’s not like Honey Moon, sadly, it’s more like Flower Moon 09, but this is nicer, the floral note is not as muddled, it’s a lot more straightforward. It’s also a lot sweeter, the honey and flowers here are very nectar-like, indulgently sweet, but not cloying. The scent becomes sweeter and more floral at drydown. It’s a very pretty scent, but I would have liked the honey note to be a bit richer, like the one in Oceans of Love which had beeswaxy nuances, or that awesome Honey Moon/Hony Mone honey which is my favourite honey note of all…I probably won’t get a bottle, but I may keep my decant, and may try bathing in this. I think this scent-with a name that would win Scrabble points-would make a lovely base for other floral honey scents. :D

In the bottle: Strong but yet not sweet honey scent. There is something almost woody-sappy about it, like a gum tree's resin. It reminded me of tupelo honey on steroids.

In the bath: I use these in the shower as moisturizers. Applied on my wet skin, the impression is very dark honey, still with that woody scent. The honey is more floral than sugary, but very dark floral. It's rather like acacia honey in that way. If honey could be said to be menacing, this would be menacing.

Dry on skin: Afterward the scent morphed some. That treeishness went away, to be replaced by something a bit green and bitter that made a nice counterpoint but also contributed to the impression of darkness The honey went a little bit smoky, too. There began to be more of a detectable floral note as the scent aged.

The next morning I took off my pajama top and a blast of ripe plumeria burst through the room. The herbal darkness of honey was still there underneath, almost as strong as when I went to bed.

Normally I'm good with honey scents, but this one was dark and strong enough to give even me pause. It reads like a looming cloud of bees over my head. I like it very, very much because it is so complex and so unusual, but the one-ounce decant will be enough.

Edited by hlinspjalda

Adding to the gorgeous dark spicy honey reviews. This is warm and luxurious to bathe in. And my bathroom still smelt luscious the next day!

An incrediably sexy, spicy honey bath oil. There are slight hints of florals if you can get past the honey, but if your anything like me, you don't want to!!

Xmvlzencab bath oil is rich, luxurious and decandent. A little goes a long way and the scent lasts all day on you and around your house. :wub2:

This is a gorgeous bath oil-possibly my favorite of all of the ones I have tried. The scent of this, a sweet honey, with touches of floral notes and light ginger, gets held far better in the bath oil than it did as a soap. If this was available in perfume form, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I found this oil to be a bit thicker and more viscous than some of the other bath oils I have tried-it's texture really felt similar to honey.

I highly recommend this bath oil. If you like Beth's honey notes, it's a cant miss!

This is heavenly! Dark sweet honeyed floral that almost smells like a blackberry or some juicy dark fruit, with a sexy aspect to it rather than an innocent/girly fruity smell. It's sexy and musky with just the right little bite of ginger. I'm not a floral fan but I adore this! The oil is thick but not greasy and very skin-softening.

WHY is there no perfume oil version of this??!

Edited by gypsyjolie

So, so amazing. On me, this is dark, spicy, vaguely fruity/floral honey, and is absolutely wonderful. Need to tack on a bottle of this with the next order...

The honey note is very strong in this bath oil. It's a spicy, floral honey blend on my skin. Nice, but not anything I see myself using mass quantities of, so I believe my 2oz decant will be enough.

This is like bathing in Meliai to me. It's a sheer but still sensual honey scent with floral nuances in the background. What I love about all BPTP bath oils though is the fact that even with my papery skin half the moisturizing battle is done when I step out of the bath and I don't have to slather on moisturizer as maniacally as I used to because my skin will suck it up in 2.5 seconds. My skin feels very soft and one application of moisturizer afterward is plenty enough.

Someone mentioned this smelled like Lady Una without the sharpness, and I really must agree. This is a musky honey scent on me with a hint of spice from the ginger. The plumeria gives it a slightly tropical feel. I really like this! It's very intoxicating. Also, it made my skin soft as anything, and it absorbed really well!

Using this in the shower as a leg moisturizer, it smells mostly like a perfumey, tropical floral honey with a little bit of spicy sharpness to it. It strikes me as a more fresh, perfumey honey than a sweet or foodie honey. It smells exotic and sexy rather than sweet, though it's not quite sweet enough for me. There's an edge of dark, woodsy something as well.

After the shower, the bath oil leaves a light, perfumey honey scent on my skin as I rinse off. I only use these oils on my legs (or as a tiny dab on my wrists), or else they make my skin break out and my hair go super-greasy, but I love the light scent and sheen on my legs after a shower.

I've been wearing this as a perfume oil and it has been bothering me because I couldn't place this scent UNTIL NOW ... so I grabbed my bottle of Giant Vulva and yep sure enough it smells just like it. So if you like GV then you will love this!!

Tropical honey. At first blast, I get a hint of the laurel. But this essentially smells like honey with hints of plumeria and ginger. I can't handle this much honey, but I imagine this is the closest you can actually get to bathing in a vat of it.

I can't believe I never reviewed this bath oil, because I know that I have raved about it repeatedly in the BPTP Bath Oil thread! This is the most beautiful spicy honey scent. I think it's very reminiscent of Sudha Segara, and am surprised that no one else has mentioned that in the previous reviews. I purchased my bottle from the Post when it was first released, so I am reviewing my well-aged bottle, and it continues to amaze me. I really wish that Puddin' would resurrect this.