Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ophidiae

The White Rider

White leather and sandalwood.

In the bottle and just on my skin, my first thought was "this smells like a doctor's office!" Disinfectant and anxiety. It's been interesting to read through the many different odd things people smell in this when it's wet! So even though nobody else apparently got the same impression, at least I'm not alone in my initial repulsion.

As it started to dry, the leather came out in a big way. At first, I didn't like it - it was the smell of a leather goods booth at the county fair (this is a universal experience, right?), very strong and fresh and kind of industrial leather. But eventually it softened and the sandalwood came out, blending perfectly and evenly. The comparisons to perfumed handbags and gloves are perfect. By this point, I really, really loved it. It was quite a journey, though!

In the imp: Soft, gentle leather and sandalwood. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's much the same; the two notes are relatively balanced. As it dries, the leather becomes more prominent, but it's not an overpowering leather. It's almost... fuzzy? However, after the immediate drydown, the sandalwood becomes the main player. However, the soft leather doesn't disappear. It's more like... fuzzy, leather-wrapped sandalwood?

It's perfectly nice for what it is, but I'm not sure it's me. This scent leans unisex to conventionally masculine. I'd probably love it with a hint of something sweet, but as it is, it seems like a BPAL meant for someone else. 

Wet: This may be shocking to read... but it smells like leather and sandalwood. The sandalwood smells a bit warm and dusty. The leather isn't a strong, knock-you-on-your-ass type; rather than a "new" leather scent, this reminds me more of something that's a bit more worn.

Dry: Dang. The leather scent is rather sharp smelling now. The sandalwood is still pretty dusty, and seems to be the dominant scent.

Not for me!