Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A popular holy day beverage in 18th century Ireland: roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

2018 version.

This set a new speed record for migraine-triggering. I barely had time to put the cap back on the imp before it literally sent me reeling like I'd walked past a Yankee Candle shop.

The scent itself is nice (if a bit cheap-candle at first) but my head is having none of it. I think it's the apple's fault, so I guess I'll stick to Samhain with its lower ratio of apple.

Potent AF. I think Lambs-Wool may be the first perfume to last all night on my skin, persisting from evening to morning, with barely a dimming in its strength since it dried.

It goes on me as an intense, apple-pulpy, spiced cider scent -- perfumey and boozy, rich and foody.

This is a soft, cooked apple smell, rather than a fresh, crisp, just-bitten apple. It reminds me a little of the apple in the Dead Leaves, White Sage, and Apples atmo, to the point where I'm craving some white sage in this to ease its mighty sweetness and foodiness, like that one has.

The blend becomes more boozy on me for a time as it dries, but then that part settles again. Otherwise it's not a morpher on me, just full of oomph and longevity.

In the bottle and on my skin this smells EXACTLY like my favorite alcoholic cider.  Apples simmered in spices (mainly cinnamon, but the other spices are definitely there.)  I imagine the ale note is what's giving it that slightly boozy, fermented undertone

Much later, this has dried down and the apples and ale are gone, and I'm getting a really soft, creamy, sweet spiced milk.  There's almost zero throw, I have to stick my nose right on my skin to smell it, but it's such a surprisingly comforting scent I don't mind.  I'm not usually fond of the smell of milk in any form, but the spice and sugar make this more than bearable. 

Overall, this is a really nice, subtle fall smell.  It's definitely going to be in heavy rotation this winter. 

In the imp: A rich, fruity, spicy scent. Primarily apples, but these are warm, cooked apples, as in pie or cider, not fresh off the tree. It's a pretty sweet scent, but just the way fruit is sweet, not over-sugared.

Wet: This scent showed up to the holiday party to have a good time, and boy is it going to. A boozy, festive cider scent, and whoever's making it was generous with the spices - whole cloves and cinnamon sticks, none of this wimpy powdered stuff.

Dry: Sweeter and drier, but a honey-like or sugary sweetness, not just the fruit. The milky, creamy notes finally show up as the booze burns off, and the spices are now very mellow and blended-in, like the drink has been simmering for a good long time.

I swear I reviewed this!

In the imp it was heaven... baked apples and spices, close to the skin at times, a cloud of beautiful fall wafts in others.... it was perfection.... so I got a bottle.

This is the biggest heartbreak. The bottle broke me out into a red burning hive thing all across my throat. I looked like the victim of some garotting gone wrong.

But it was post -60 windchill skin. So I waited. And tried again.

Nope. On my wrists no reaction.

From the imp no reaction.

But from the bottle... I smell amazing, but I am in agony. I'm a beautifully fall scented hot mess.

To a good home this will go.... to a stronger person. Oh cinnamon. You've never slighted me before..... why now!

Yet another scent that doesn't - and really should - have cinnamon listed in its ingredients on the website. This is a beautiful fragrance, objectively, but I ended up with horrible welts all over my skin when I patch tested. At this point, I just don't understand why blends containing cinnamon aren't marked as such - it's a common irritant, and so painful to discover the hard way. I learned long ago that I can't wear it and specifically don't purchase blends containing it, so it was really disappointing to receive this bottle and smell that tell-tale note when I opened it. I hoped, given that the description excluded it, that it was just my nose playing tricks on me, but alas - it was not. 

Into my sale pile. 5/5 for the blend itself, it is delicious. 0/5 for the execution of the product on site, please warn us for known irritants in future :(

This is wonderful. It smells exactly as it's described, though I'd say there's some cinnamon in there? I've found that certain types of cinnamon irritate my skin, while others don't (it amazed me that there are different types of cinnamon to begin with tbh), and, luckily, this one doesn't appear to be the irritating type for me. It did initially give off generic-apple-spiced candle vibes, but the milk note gave it a sort of creaminess that made it something more special.

This review is for the 2009 version!

Warm spiced baked apples, creamy milk and lots of sugary vanilla. It gets close to smelling like a cereal at times, like the apple cinnamon Cheerios. It's soft and comforting, this would be a lovely bedtime scent if you enjoy apples.