Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A popular holy day beverage in 18th century Ireland: roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

In the bottle, apple with mulling spices and a clearly recognisable milk note - this is the first time I smell a scent where mil is such a distinct component, as opposed to a creamy undertone. The ale note doesn't register immediately, but is definitely there.

On my skin, Lambs-Wool is a surprisingly soft scent. Although the apple is fresh and crisp, the milk tones it down considerably. The ale, which could potentially have brought some sharpness or bitterness to the blend, is nowhere to be seen. The spices are on the milder side as well, quite reminiscent of those in my beloved Pumpkin Patch I.

After drydown, I am left with a well-rounded spicy apple smell that tends to sit on my skin rather than meld with my natural scent like most fruity/spicy BPALs.

The Lab's apple note is pretty much fail-proof on me and this is no exception. Objectively speaking, Lambs-Wool is a lovely scent. However, after trying it a couple of times, I am beginning to suspect that I prefer my apple cider-type blends with a bit more of an edge - this may be too soft and typically holiday-ish for me to wear often. Edited by Shollin

In bottle: apples dominant with sugar and spices secondary. The milk smoothes and softens it. I think I’m reading the ale as part of the apple cider effect. It’s quite nice. Wet: The milk comes into it’s own as the skin warms it, though it can’t really overwhelm the apples. The sugar and spices are well blended, though muted. Dry: The spices are stronger in comparison to the earlier mix, but it’s generally much the same only softer.In bottle: apples dominant with sugar and spices secondary. The milk smoothes and softens it. I think I’m reading the ale as part of the apple cider effect. It’s quite nice. Wet: The milk comes into it’s own as the skin warms it, though it can’t really overwhelm the apples. The sugar and spices are well blended, though muted. Dry: The spices are stronger in comparison to the earlier mix, but it’s generally much the same only softer.

In the bottle: Apple with something fizzy and effervescent (this would be the beer, I guess)

On the skin:

Wet: Apples and beer. It's a sort of odd smell. Not unpleasant by any means, but not what I thought it would smell like. After about 5 minutes the milk shows up and mixes with the beer. I'm not crazy about this stage of the dry down

On dry down: Foody apple, until about 30 minutes in when it's mostly apple with a wee bit of spice to it. This I like much more than the first stage, it smell like apple pie. :)

I can see why this one was so popular! Delicious, warm, spicy apple cider...if I detect the milk note, it's as a creamy/buttery sort of edge to the scent. Super-nice. It's not an overpowering scent, but it will last much of the day on me and give me pleasant little wafts throughout. I think I like this one better than Fearful Pleasure. I of course bought a bottle! :)

This is SO much like my beloved Fearful Pleasure, it isn't funny. The only discernable difference is a clear dairy note.

The dairy becomes less noticable on the skin and the spice is sharp. This is really good.

:joy:

Bottle: Apple and spices! Mmm, nutmeg.

Wet: Strangely, I can't smell the spices, and the apple is surprisingly deep. It also is developing a heck of a throw on me as it dries.

Drydown: Oh hey ginger! And nutmeg! Where did the apple go? I smell like a craft store at Christmas. And CLOVE. Wow, clove. I don't think I love this, given that I don't love smelling just like spices and I already have apple scents that I adore.

In bottle: roasted apples

Wet: roasted apples with a lot of ginger mixed in.

Drydown: Getting some sugar and clove into the mix as well now. Roasted apple dominates. Sorta smells like mulling spices that you put in apple cider.

Later: Interesting scent. Settled into mulled apple cider on me. Very autumn-like—can’t really see me wearing it any other time of year. Not sure if I’m won on it or not, though. I do like apple, but this one is spiced. I want to hold onto this bottle and see how it ages.

I had a lot of hope for this one, but sadly it didn't work for me. Both times I tested Lambs-Wool, it was like Yankee Candle Autumny Harvest scents nommed on my arm. Potpourri, do not want.

In the bottle - Like walking under a crab apple tree when a lot of the apples have fallen off and laying on the ground

Wet on me - Warm, mulled apples

Dry on me - Soft, sweet, mellow apples

Overall - I would have likes a few of the spices to come through, but on the whole it's a warm, inviting, blend with a very real apple scent at the centre

In the bottle: Microwave "roasted apples" with cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves! (Do not mock my childhood cooking experiments)

Wet: Oh! Something creamier! And the spices are more pungent. Still microwave roasted apples though - maybe with a dollop of cream?

Dry: The apple has become stronger, but it is even creamier. The spices are adding a beautiful roundness to this scent. I just want to bask in it.

A while later: Oh so creamy! And with all the comforting spices of cinnamon and nutmeg (and other mince pie type spices), with just a hint of apple. Very foody and yet, not. This is an amazingly comforting smell and yet somehow it smells so natural as opposed to "Hi! I am an apple pie!" I REALLY like this. Oh dear. :)

This was a scent I'd been dying to try for a while. Somehow, through a disastrous oversight of my own, I neglected to order this when Halloweenies were out. Someone gifted me an imp of this for Christmas, however (squee!), and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. This was everything I was hoping it would be.

Wet, it was almost like a warm apple sauce, very strong on the apple.

Dry, it was like a wonderful mulled apple cider. It was warm and smelled absolutely delicious. It was a wonderful memory of fall in a bottle. :)

Apple cider and spices. Not much milk or ale (thank goodness). Sort of what I always expected Samhain to smell like. I think I might like this better than Fearful Pleasure - stronger cider and less fall candle.

In the decant: A woody, grainy apple.

On my skin, wet: This really warms up on my skin. Almost immediately the grainy note become boozy, which I assume is the ale. The spices start to come out at this point, too. They definitely remind me of mulling spices - think cinnamon and cloves. Thankfully, not enough to burn my wrists. The milk notes seems to be missing, or at least very subtle - which is a relief, since milk notes tend to go sour on me.

On my skin, dry: After about a half-hour this is basically mulled cider on my wrist. This scent ultimately doesn't have a lot of throw, but it does have more staying power than I expected.

Verdict: I like it! I definitely see keeping the decant and using it for seasonal purposes. Don't think I'll be tracking down a bottle, however.

This one has me confused. Its apple cider with almost a milky twist.

Very pleasant. Still its causing the dreaded phenomena that makes my

bf ask ' Are you trying to smell like a candle?' Hmph.

Oooh, I like this one, surprisingly! I used to think I wasn't a foodie scent lover, but BPAL changed my mind with Athens, Boo, Hetairae, Bliss and now, this.

Thank goodness I'm not getting nutmeg or clove - would be kinda weird to smell those on oneself especially in this humid weather. It's mostly apple cider and milk on me. Very much like apple pie with a hint of booze and milk on the side. Foody, without screaming "eat me." Very pleasant and I enjoy the drydown - it's comforting. ^_^

Edited by symphonyinsilence

In the bottle: Smells edible. The apple, ale, and spice scents are strong.

Wearing: The scent doesn't morph, and it lasts.

Overall: Delicious. Being a bit heavier of a scent, this is great for cool weather. This isn't something to wear to the office, but it works well for going out at night.

In the imp: Dry, warm spices.

Wet: Stewed apple with cinnamon sugar! So good!

Dry: Soft sweet spice, sugared apple pie and a creamy undertone.

Verdict: Such a delicious scent! Warm and comforting and snuggly. It reminds me of a dish of spiced apple crumble. I really hope this comes back in this year's 'weenies, I'd love a bottle of this :beg:

I'm trying to do reviews of everything I try, so I know if I've tried it before. o.o

Wet: This is super apple-y. I do not care for apple perfume.

Dry: Apples and spice. Smells like a horrid scented candle. Blech.

Starts off as Super Apple and ends up as Supermarket Apple Cider candle. I can swear I smell wax. Not bad if you want to smell like the Yankee Candle Shop.

Apple cider! I suppose it all depends on whether or not you want to smell like apple cider or not. It's deliciously spicy and appley and cidery.

I'm just now testing my half decant from 2009, LOL! If you've been to Walt Disney World and have seen Mickey's Philharmagic, you've smelled this before. Remember the scent of the apple pie Donald had in the "Be our Guest" sequence? That's Lamb's Wool. It's beautiful and yummy, and I'm absolutely keeping my half decant, but I'm not sure I'll wear a scent like this often, so I probably won't be getting a bottle now that it's back this year. If money was no object I'd get a few bottles and scent my house like this from time to time, though!

Lambs-Wool 2010

Beautiful, creamy autumn spices - I can definitely smell nutmeg and clove, for starters. Smells like mulled cider with a tiny hint of chai. The ginger is very faint and/or blends flawlessly into the rest of the scent. A comforting, snuggly scent for reading Lord of the Rings by the fire as sleet pounds coppery leaves against your window. I love, love, LOVE this and I'm so glad I got a bottle!

Lambs Wool 2010

I was a little nervous smelling this in the bottle because it smells like maraschino cherry juice. But once on the skin, it magically becomes apple-y and then cinnamon-y / spicy. Then, a little later, the apples and spices blend. Yet, it's not too much like a food item. It's really a great autumn scent! I'm very pleased with it.