Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Nice peaches! Reminds me more of the peach smell from Snow Angel rather than the fresh peaches of Philommeides. Peach is the only note I pick up, though this is definitely a perfumey peach rather than a yummy peach.

On the skin: Still peaches, but now there is definitely something else there. I have no idea what it is. Nice, sweet, yet not really foody.

AF6 - Even before the peaches, the first thing I notice is the gardenia. Lots and lots of gardenia. It's actually a really lovely combination with the peach and could be the Sacred Whore of Babylon's little sister in training. :twisted: Once it dries down on my skin, the peach fades a bit, and I notice a rooty note that is strongly reminiscent of the lotus root note in Budding Moon, but perhaps it's orris or some other root. The scent leans toward being a heady fruity-floral, but that rootiness grounds it and brings it back down to earth. There's definitely an aspect of this blend that reminds of some of the Asian lunar blends that Beth released in 2006. It has super strong throw when first applied, but it fades to a moderate level of throw upon dry-down. It has a below-average level of staying power on my skin.

I knew this had to be jasmine or gardenia, and I see from the other reviews it is gardenia. I pick up zero peach, and wouldn't you know it, gardenia being my nemesis, this has absolutely fabulous throw. I suspect it will have incredible wearlength too. Sigh.

In the bottle: fruity! Definitely peach, but I'd say a fruit blend with peach as a dominant note, like a peach daquiri.

On, new: Hello gardenias! I don't usually like gardenia scents at all, but the peach keeps it balanced and makes it quite lovely. There's something in there that's a little darker, keeping it grounded and making sure it doesn't get overly sweet.

I'll edit in a few hours with my thoughts on the drydown!

Sniffed: Pale yellow oil. White peach and white flowers, maybe some skin musk? Not that sweet.

Wet: Sweeter, more cloying, more peachy - almost a little syrupy. I get a hint of bitter almond, I think? Or maybe peach kernel? It's that same note from Cleopatra Testing Poisons. A bit of soapy and intense floral, probably gardenia.

Dry: The gardenia amps up for a brief time but then settles down, while the white peach and peach kernel balance each other perfectly. I usually find the lab's white peach note too sweet, but the slight bitterness of the peach kernel complements it so well.

Summary: I also get a little mandarin or tangerine (sweet-tart and juicy), and maybe a rose, or that yellow monkey flower accord? Because I am totally getting a white peach version of Schlafende Baigneuse right now. A very balanced but delicate feeling fruity-floral.

I don't like white peach, but this is nice.

Sniffing the bottle, I'm getting mostly gardenia.

Wet on my skin, still mostly gardenia to start. As it begins to dry, I'm beginning to get some of the lovely sweet peach. The more it dries, the more the gardenia settles down. Dries down to a lovely balance of gardenia and peaches.

In the bottle: Floral, aquatic, and peach.

Wet: More aquatic than before, and the peach note I was looking for is holding, but it's definitely a harmonic rather than a main element.

One hour: This smells so familiar, like something else from the Lab. But what? The peach is nice, but not sweet, definitely not the "white peach" note I work so well with. It's not the note from Imp or Hetairae either. And the floral note seems to be in my headache zone, ever so slightly: maybe osmanthus or moonflower? Reviewers have called it gardenia, but it doesn't smell a lot like gardenias to me. Gardenias usually work great on me, but this one doesn't. It behaves more like jasmine on me -- not the night-blooming jasmine that is wonderful on me, but regular daytime jasmine that often goes over to headache.

Two and a half hours: Very soft now, light floral and peach. The aquatic burned away as it so often does on me. I will be trying this one again to see if I can figure out which other blend(s) it's like.

Three and a half hours: Mostly gone now. Hmm, how did that happen? I may have to re-home this one.

Six hours: Yup, long since gone. I liked the middle and end game of this one, but it was short-lived on me.

This starts out with a blast of cloying peach, and as it dries down, the floral note comes out. I think it's jasmine, but a sweet jasmine.

I'm not really feeling this scent. It reminds me of car air freshener - you know, the kind that comes in the tin can? No thx.

I am happy I got to try this one. It starts off as a very feminine gardenia with a bright juicy peach.

As it dries there is less flower and more peach or maybe tangerine.

Very yummy.

Keeper.

hmm, I get tart not-quite-ripe peaches and ocean. It's interestingly tangy and salty. this doesn't change much on my skin except to get greener and soapy. neither of which are qualities I enjoy in my BPAL.

My very first prototype, but sadly not for me. Super gardenia kapow at all stages. If there are peaches, they make no appearance on my skin.

Gardenia and peaches (as if that wasn't clear from everyone else's reviews!). I find this super-yummy - fresh, fruity, bright. Thank you for the sniffie, generous formumite!

NO NOT GARDENIA OMG NOOOOO.

Gardenia amps to unholy proportions on me, and I hate the scent. There is peach in AF6 -- I can smell it in the bottle and after the oil is dry -- but it's covered by a monstrously peach-squashing mass of gardenia horror.

On me, it is truly awfully single-note gardenia when wet, but a mix of obvious-but-tolerable gardenia and fresh-cut peaches when dry.

I imagine gardenia lovers, or people who love peach blends and don't amp florals, would love this. It becomes a pretty even blend of both notes after half an hour. I just can't stand gardenia in any amount (in case I didn't make that clear enough, lol), so it's not for me.

A damp, heady floral. I see everyone else says gardenia, so I'll take their word for it. Gardenia is my favorite flower for the scent, and this smells nothing like them to me, neither from the vial nor on my skin. I also don't smell peach. The lushness turns bitter as it dries, and it becomes like gone-over perfume.

I was hoping that this would be a gardenia-y Josie. I usually get along well with both gardenia and peach notes. But I can't pick gardenia or peach out of this. I get a very perfumey, sharp white floral (I would have guessed iris, but I guess I can see it being a very perfumey sort of gardenia, and I'm not the best with floral notes) type of smell with a hint of soap in the background. It's that musky, chemical sort of floral smell that I can't stand. Very sharp and strong on my skin.

This is so floral when applied--smells to me like both gardenia and jasmine, in a bad way. It calms down to a lovely gardenia and peach scent, like a reverse Josie. I feel like I get a sort of sourness from this, but I don't know what it is. A side-effect of the flowers? The green leaves of the trees? The grass the peaches crushed as they fell to the ground? After some time, I decide there are peach blossoms here, too. It could be the blossoms causing the sharp edge. In any case, this oil screams springtime to me, which is exactly what I needed on this hideously chilly day.

blech. smells like tht old "shaped" soap we had in the late 80s /early 90s...you know the kind you bought from craft stores because it looked like seahorses or butterflies, etc.

I saw peach mentioned in other reviews, but I don't smell that until it's dry -- and even then I can't tell it's peach, just some sort of unidentifiable fruit. It smells like gardenia with a heady, jasminey edge, but it's softened by that fruit note. It doesn't smell bad, it's just not the sort of floral scent that I like.

I was really excited to try this one out-

In the bottle: Floral... definitely gardenia here- I was expecting more peach, but I can't seem to find it.

Wet: I found some peach blossoms, but the gardenia is still very strong here... I don't smell any Jasmine, but is that honeysuckle? There's a memory on the fringe of this scent for me... my mothers honeysuckles growing in the garden after a spring rainstorm... No rain or aqua scents here, it's just the memory it conjured. Is it just me or does this oil have an odd texture? It's much lighter than others I've tried, almost watery... maybe it's because it's so fresh?

Drydown: Despite it's attempt at being lighter, this is a much heavier scent on me than I had expected... I didn't put on more than I usually do and it's very strong on me. I suspect it will fade as the day goes on, but in the first hour it gives me a slight headache... which is really sad because overall I like this blend. In addition to the florals I'm getting the slightest soapy note and some sort of plastic smell on the edges too... that kind of reminds me of pulling a new Barbie doll out of the box when I was little. o.O

I do like this scent so far, aside from the headache (which is mild and starting to fade now) it's a very nice blend. I'm curious to see how it ages- hopefully the "plastic" mellows out a bit. This is a wonderful spring floral, it would be very nice for a wedding. 4.5/5 stars.

Edited by Flightless

I get a perfumey peach and jasmine from this blend.

The jasmine seems 'green' though - I'm not familiar with a green smelling jasmine, but I will admit that my experience with jasmine is rather limited.

It's a very nice spring scent.