Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk, pomegranate, orange blossom, and melon.

This is a VERY fruity red musk blend. It really doesn't change from wet to dry. I get a bit of the tart pomegranate, but mostly it's just an overly sweet fruity blend. I think the melon may be ruining it for me, as all the other notes are made of win. Kind of reminds me of Shango a bit. I may enjoy this blend more in the summer, and will revisit it then.

Initial sniff from bottle: Pulsing red musk backed by wisps of sweetness..I do actually get the melon at the tail end.

It smells red to me but not “red hot fire” or “Red Hots Cinnamon” but rather red hot sexy. :lol:

Applied wet on skin: It’s the red musk and pomegranate..fruit/red musk duo doing it’s thing..the orange blossom is in the back..just hanging out. Have no idea where the melon went. :eek:

Couple of minutes on skin- Red musk is working seamlessly with the orange blossom right now..so it’s sweet but not cloyinly so..with the sexy musk working it’s magic with the other notes. Pomegranate I don’t get up close but the waft from my arm still confirms that the tart fruit is still hanging around. Can’t be sure about the melon.just not getting a good read.

30 min later:-Still very much present on me and it’s a heady sexy musk/floral/fruit blend. It kind of reminds me of my other favorite red musk blend Glasya. :wub2:

Lasting power is impressive-6+ hours with throw moderate to strong.

Bottom Line; Semiramis is quite the sexy blend; if you like red musk then this blend is up your alley. The tart pomegranate with the sweet orange blossom work seamlessly with that red musk on me and I definitely would wear this for dates or going out in the evening with friend to snare someone..hehehe. :yum:

Edited by metaldog32

In the bottle, hubby and I both thought it had more of a musky note to it. We were both doubtful.

Drying: On my skin though, the pomegranate and the melon are balancing out the musk. The orange blossom is very delicate and faint underneath the rest, but it's there. I like!

ETA: The day is half gone, but Semiramis is still going strong. The musk is a little stronger now than it was before, but I still get definite fruit notes, so I think we're good. We'll see how it is in a few more hours. :)

ETA2: We have a winner!!! We were snuggling on the sofa last night and he kept commenting on how good I smelled. *grin*

:joy:

Picked up this bottle recently because the notes sounded like they would work on me. However, although pomegranate, orange blossom and melon are usually WIN notes for me, I’m finding that Red Musk does not like me very much. The scent is otherwise nice (I do like fruity blends!), but since I amp the musk so much, I think this one will go on the trade pile.

bottle: heady red musk and fruits.

wet: beautifully sexy, the musk and fruit and intensely beautiful on my skin. i keep catching the lightest wafts of fruit backed by wonderful red musk.

dry: the musk is going strong but so is the fruit, orange blossom most of all. all of these notes blend so beautifully.

Wow. Red Musk and I have a history. It turns into peanut butter on me. :cry: So I almost didn't get this one. I finally did, because the bath oil sounded so wonderful, and I figured I could always swap the oil. My initial test showed that I was right, I got peanut butter fruit salad out of this, and put it away in my TP oils box.

Put it on this morning on a whim, and whoa mama, that's some awesome stuff! Still very fruity, which I love and is perfect for this already getting warm day, but there's a richness here, along with just a hint of spice. This has aged to be drop dead gorgeous and sexay on me. So it appears I must revisit my perception that red musk is a no go note for me. Apparently it just needs a couple years of aging to be fabulous. :lol:

Sorry, not gonna swap this one after all! :)

In the bottle - Soft red musk and a touch of pomegranate

Wet on me - The orange blossom is apped by my skin chemisty and it's a touch over powering

Dry on me - Clean soap

Overall - The orange blossom scuppers this blend for me

Gah! :wub2: Why have I waited so long to track down a bottle of this? Red musk is one of my favorite notes and Semiramis certainly doesn't disappoint! This is ALLLLLLLL red musk against a fruity background. It's almost like a red musk single note...annnnddddd it's perfect :joy:

This is lovely - for me it is almost identical to my bottle of Misfortune Teller V3, and that is a very good thing indeed. Lovely sweet, fruity incense = the other thing it reminds me of is All Souls but this is definitely fruitier than that. Win. :joy:

This starts out wonderfully, which I'm happy about because Semiramis is a BAMF and I would totally love to wear a scent that evokes her. This could end up too fruity/candy sweet, but the red musk is grounding everything with a very adult vibe, preventing it from becoming shampoo.

The pomegranite is tart, more like the skin of the pom than the berries, which allows the orange blossom and melon to sugar things up without it becoming cough syrup.

Yet I'm still a bit confused. I really love the pom/musk combo, but the orange blossom/melon is just so... cute. I'm not a "cute" scent lover, and this sits right inbetween "sexy ferocious queen" and "innocent maiden." I wish it leaned further into the ferocious category, but it feels like it's wavering too much for my personal taste.

i finally decided to rehome this (so glad it is going to someone i know will wear it!) and so as it has moved on to a better owner, i thought i'd add my thoughts:

super-pom. like, a cape-wearin' superherofruit. orange blossom tends to smell like fritos to me, but i never got any of that, or any red musk, either, from this. something did tinge toward faintly medicinal, but i think that was just the pomegranate.

In the imp, this smells like amazing red musk with fruit

Wet on my skin though, the pomegranate does that thing I hate, where it goes all powdery and dusty. And then the orange blossom amps and it gets really bitter, with a hint of wet cardboard. Guh, skin chemistry, you kill me.

Dry: The bitterness from the orange blossom eventually fades, but sadly the pomegranate just never ends up working on me in this, and the red musk doesn't get a chance to shine through.