Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dark Alice

Boot Hill Room Spray

Unreleased Prototype- Room Spray.

Mods. I couldn't find this in the thread....so if it doesn't belong here please move it.

I received this loveliness in a swap with an unbelievably dynamite Forumite. :wub2:

Once I sprayed this...I was in fresh leather heaven. This is just leather, with a hint of something sweet...not red musk....and not cinnamon either...it's just sweet. It is absolutely divine. I am so glad that I have this and will cherish every last drop of it. :wub2:

Mmmmm pure leather.
I think there also might be a bit of sage in here? Or possibly a teeny bit of vetiver?
This smells like the outdoors and adventure, like grassy green things smooshed underneath rugged boots and big, wide open spaces.
I love this.

Edited by Monster

I really wanted to try this room spray, and I'm so excited that I got a sample of it in my latest Post order (thank you so much BPTP! :hug: ).

I spritzed Boot Hill all over the decorative pillows in our livingroom, and it smells a lot like Quincey Morris to me at first, if Quincey Morris had some black leather added into his blend. Soft leather, vanilla sweetness, and a touch of serious black leather. Every once in a while, I thought I smelled something like black licorice candy when I first sprayed this. As this dries down, it's all black leather, Quincey Morris, and a sweet, dark spiciness. It's dark, leathery, and masculine, but warm and cozy at the same time, like curling up into the warmth of a man wearing a leather jacket on a chilly fall day. It's a great fall scent, and would smell perfect for Halloween.

I love this, and I'm sad that I can't buy more of it.

Edited by Little Bird

Dark Alice was sweet enough to send me a decant of this in a recent ninja package :kiss:

I normally run far far away from anything mentioning leather - it is fairly wretched on my skin - but the idea of a leather-based room spray was too intriguing to pass by... I dabbed a bit on a tissue, to see how it would react once the air hit it.

Uhm. :ack:

Apparently the problem with leather is not my skin, but my nose. Boot Hill smells like pure, unadulterated Deep Woods OFF. I keep sniffing at it, hoping it just needs to burn off a bit...

But no :( If I really concentrate, I can see where folks are getting leather, vetiver, and something bitter green & herbal... but I just can't shake the bug spray association.

Ah well. I will pass this along to someone who does love leather, and see if she can give this the love it deserves...

Dark Alice was sweet enough to send me a decant of this in a recent ninja package :kiss:

I normally run far far away from anything mentioning leather - it is fairly wretched on my skin - but the idea of a leather-based room spray was too intriguing to pass by... I dabbed a bit on a tissue, to see how it would react once the air hit it.

Uhm. :ack:

Apparently the problem with leather is not my skin, but my nose. Boot Hill smells like pure, unadulterated Deep Woods OFF. I keep sniffing at it, hoping it just needs to burn off a bit...

But no :( If I really concentrate, I can see where folks are getting leather, vetiver, and something bitter green & herbal... but I just can't shake the bug spray association.

Ah well. I will pass this along to someone who does love leather, and see if she can give this the love it deserves...

I was lucky enough to be part of this chain of ninja love and received a decant of Boot Hill from the lovely tartchef in an awesome stealth "Package of Glee". :ninja: :heart:

I LOVE IT!!! It's like Quincy Morris and Brom Bones and Jolly Roger had a hot man-on-man-on-man threesome that against all odds resulted in a miraculous lovechild. It's leather, leather, leather with a hint of sweetness and spice and a clean breeze blowing through. But mostly leather. Sexy, sexy leather. :thud: I want to scent my world with this, but especially my bedroom... :twisted:

Please, please release this one, BPTP! :beg:

Origin: Straight from the Trading Post

Initial Thoughts: The name made me think I was in for leather, which is not a favorite scent of mine.

Sprayed: Yep, definitely leather, although it's a gentle scent. There's sandalwood and desert grasses and things that are lightening it. It's a warm, welcoming scent and not at all overpowering.

Verdict: Leather fans will be overjoyed, I think.

This smells like a soft new great quality leather.

There is something sort of green/herbal in it also.

I'm definitely picking up some dirt.

and, yeah, there's a soft sandalwood note in there too.

It's quite fantastic. I really love the smell of good leather and it's blended perfectly with notes that are complimentary to the leather but still let it have center stage where it belongs.

Boot Hill Spray

Recently I’ve had an odd craving for leather scents and this satisfies it perfectly. This smells like a brand new pair of knee-high boots, kinky boots, sexy boots, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you! It smells like rich sensual black leather. A lot more like the leather in something like C Auguste Dupin than De Sade. Whereas Saloon 10 was too heavy on the thick, sticky tobacco and booze notes, this is a much nicer, purer leather scent to me. It’s incredibly realistic; in fact it reminds me of the smell of the leather shops in Florence…sophisticated yet raw leather. However sometimes I smell a little bit of the ‘hill’ as well as the ‘boot’ in this scent, a little bit of grassiness and earthiness under the leather. I think there’s a little patchouli as well? I’m really tempted to spray my shoes with this scent so they always smell like new shoes! I really hope that this scent, or something similarly leathery, becomes available some day! :wub2:

I have a sample-sized sprayer of this frimped to me a couple of months ago, and I was dismayed to see that it's almost gone already! Darn big lables hiding my oil levels!

This, like most other reviewers have said, is the smell of a leather goods shop. It reminds me of a cowboy wares gift store in Lee Vining, California--a tiny little town on the shores of Mono Lake. It's one of the few remote places in the state, town population of about 100 people, a hundred miles from anything. It's high desert country, slightly touristy for people visiting the lake, but when you walk into this store you smell the leather jackets and boots and belts, sharp and clean and unworn, slightly dusty from low foot traffic; bright white sun gleaming in from the windows through the glass tchochkies in the display windows. I seriously love this spray.

I love Mono Lake and this brings me right there. I've been using it as a pillow spray (perhaps a little too generously) and it doesn't stain the fabric and sticks around for at least two nights. I can't wait to buy a real bottle of it! :wub2:

Got this in my frikkin huge Underworld Cup order.

Smells like fresh leather and tobbacco. I LOVE THIS! If this dosen't get released I will go mad! Or fly to the TP and mug Puddin for another sample :)

this does smell like leather and lots of sweet prairie grass. next day maybe tobacco and prairie grass. there may be a tiny bit of sarsaparilla. very natural smelling and very sweet.

Leather (soft leather, worn in leather, leather that is almost a second skin ~ that was a bit eww but nevermind), sandalwood, grasses, and maybe a bit of musk. Very nice but not something *I* would choose to scent my room with. My man, on the other hand? Oh yes.

This is from the lovely sara, above me.. :wub2: This smells a lot like the leather in Olisbos, like a tack store that sells saddles, bridles, and other leather goods. I get a bit of musk in the sample, but not in the air. It is all soft leather in the living room. Nice to try, but I prefer candles for scenting a room.

Leather! Definitely the same leather note as in Quincy Morris. I smell also a hint of grassiness and sandalwood.

But overall, it smells like LEATHER!

I have a leather couch, but this sucker smells better than that!