Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms

Soft moss, vanilla musk, and cherry blossom.

Soft and pretty, this reminded me quite a bit of Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree (right Salon name?) Pale and predominantly floral, it's not somehting I'll reach for often, but I'm glad I tried it!

Edit to add scent description. Edited by rayvn1

okay - i smell nothing but cherry blossom. maybe my nostril isnt working but that and the musk rise to the occasion on my skin. everything else that might be in it -- its drowning. ha.

love this smell though. and im quickly realizing cherry blossom works wonderfully with my chemistry.

This is the sucess of my Lupercalia 2009 exploits :)

I can understand that some people say it smells like cologne, while wet the sharp musk and oakmoss give that impression. On me the three notes take turns being dominant on me, sometimes I get a lot of oakmoss, other times more cherry blossom or vanilla musk. The cherry blossom and vanilla musk are a great combination. This is my first cherry blossom BPAL but the note is very much like that which I have smelled from other companies. Vanilla musk is a sharp, bright musk with vanilla overtones.

This would be a sweet and a bit generic floral, not in a bad way, there is just so much you can do with those notes. But the oakmoss gives it a little greenness, that cologney edge that sends it over into unisex territory. I can wear this with no trouble but I could as well imagine this one on a gentleman who is manly enough all by himself so that he can pull off wearing something as neutrally sweet as this :D

I love it and might some day search for an other bottle. :wub2:

Someone mentioned that this was a lot like Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist, and I totally agree! If you like that scent, you should get this. However if you OWN that scent, as I do, then I'm not sure you need a bottle of this since it's almost an exact duplicate, at least on my skin.

Love it--warm, cozy, soft scent-- but don't need it.

Mmm, cherry blossoms! I was hoping that this would not induce a headache, and thankfully, it did not aggravate my already bad allergies at all! This is cherry blossoms but sweeter, and on drydown, it's mostly vanilla musk with only a hint of cherry blossoms. I love both the wet and the drydown of this perfume, and may need to look into getting a partial or a bottle after my decant runs out!

In the vial: Very perfumey, but my lack of familiarity with notes like that makes it difficult to say how. It's a slightly sweet, herbal floral—cherry blossom with a touch of moss and vanilla. Not quite commercial, but it wouldn't surprise me to smell this in a department store.

On me: Interesting, very interesting. As it dries down, the scent loses the element which I read as evaporating alcohol and associate with traditional perfume. The notes are still feminine and perfumey, but much more pleasantly so. Cherry blossom is the heart of the scent, floral, slightly fruity, pink hinting at red, a feminine note but not coy. The vanilla is more sweetness than musk, but it may provide the redish body that I sense in the cherry blossom. The moss has died down significantly, and only hints a touch of dry, light earthiness from the background; this may be the reason for the ended impression of commercial/alcohol-based perfume. This a sweet, light cherry blossom scent with just a touch of body and depth. Scent color is translucent, pale dark pink; scent-texture is airy on top and thicker and slightly fuzzy below. Throw is low.

Verdict: As with many of the Lupercalia releases: I'm not quite sure what I think. It's more pleasant than I expected from the vial scent—the drydown does wonders for making it less department store and more, well, BPAL. The airy cherry blossom is lovely with the sweetness and slight body of the vanilla musk. Yet the scent doesn't capture me. Perhaps spring florals aren't to my taste, no matter how well done; perhaps the scent lacks a little character. In the end I have no strong opinions either way, and may trade away my decant just because I don't think I'll wear it much.

On me, this is a pretty vanilla musk, very soft. However, I wanted to smell the cherry blossoms, and I couldn't. I may try layering it with Hanami. An imp-keeper, but not a bottle purchase.

When I first tried my imp a month or so ago.. I thought that the musk was a tad too strong and heavy, I was looking for a lighter scent. On this second try, I find I quite like this! :)

It's soft and cozy, it's settled down and gotten closer to the skin, I get the sweetness of the vanilla musk and the cherry blossom floats over it beautifully. I can see wearing it during the summer where the heavier musky scents would be too much.. this is light but the musk still grounds it enough to give it a sensual edge.

Edited by azurephoenix

On my skin this is mainly clean crips cherry blossom and a bit of the vanilla musk. I think if the vanilla musk wasn;t sweetening this somewhat, it could end up being a bit too soapy but as it stands it's really pretty. Where is the moss I ask? I was excpecting a green side to this but nope! It's more of a "Nuzzle your neck" scent, very feminine a cute.

It's gone before you can say supercalifragilisticexpeaidosious though. So faint and delicate, and hardly any throw. I have to put quite alot on to get the effect.

In imp: huh... almost slightly masculine cologne. I'm thinking that has to be the soft mosses. Anything moss always smells like really GOOD aftershave to me.

Wet on me: more gender neutral. Light. Slightly mossy, very slightly sweet & cherry. Very smooth, well blended. Cherry notes have a tendency to make me go EEEEW, CANDY, but this gentle cherry blossom is distinctly not doing that.

dry: not too different from wet. This is a very nice, gender neutral scent. It's light in feel, but not in scent. I'm sniffing it easily, not going "huh, where'd it go??" I'm even getting some wafts from my arm while typing, so the throw exists. But it feels light. It's not the more usual bpal club-em-over-the-head-and-drag-em-into-the-bedroom scent. I'm not sure that's a plus in my book :D but it's quite nice.

This is a very light, close to the skin type of scent.

It starts off with the cherry blossom in the front but as it dries, the moss does come out and adds a bit of a sharp, green edge. This helps the blend from going OMG I'M FLORAL. Further into the drydown the vanilla musk comes into play and wraps the whole thing together. It becomes a very warm, sweet green floral without that floral edge. It's flowery instead of floral, if that makes sense. I love it.

I never got the whole "skin scent" concept before. I mean why would anyone want to smell their own skin amped? Ok I have to eat those words now because I get it. Apparently I naturally smell like perverts in a cherry orchard.... :lol: This is the one scent I can say reminds me, of me only better. It's so soft, and so well melded with my own skin that I can totally pull this off as "I'm not wearing perfume, I just smell this way".

Cherry blossom is my rose. A floral so me we will never be parted. This scent is very, soft, although not faint on me. The oakmoss and vanilla musk collide to create a soft, fuzzy smell that's kind of like when you sniff your lovers neck. The cherry blossom a tangy perfumey note on top of that. No cologne nor masculinity for me this is pure pink nipples and naughtiness. But also very clean as well, absolutely no cheap and tawdry smut in this bottle.

If you haven't guessed I love this scent and will wear it when I'm seducing a beloved.

ETA - spelling fail, probably others I missed too..

Edited by HamletsKeeper

I don't really smell any cherry blossom in this. Not sure about the vanilla musk, either. I do smell the moss (it's much more feminine-smelling than moss usually is), but there's something oddly aquatic about the scent. I didn't expect that. It has a masculine cologne-like base, with a sweet feminine musk over the top. Unusual.

Once I got over being disappointed over not smelling cherry blossoms I realized that I like the scent, even though it's not what I was expecting.

OK, I decided to put more oil on, just to see what happens (maybe I didn't put on enough), and I smelled cherry blossom right at first (for like 8 seconds) and then: soap. :eek: Like pure white soap. *shrugs* I have no idea what's going on here. Don't think this one's going to work for me, though.

I was given an imp of this for Christmas and was both excited and apprehensive towards it. Cherry blossoms hold a special significance for me, so I desperately wanted to try this...but florals also tend to cause extreme allergic reactions in me. D:

So I put it on, closed my eyes, and waited--and nothing bad happened! Seriously, you guys cannot comprehend my intense glee. In the end, this was an incredibly soft, light, pretty floral on me. So exciting!

Um. So. This reminds me of a certain sex toy cleanser I encountered a few years ago. It;s a pleasant scent, but I keep wondering how many other people smell it and think it smells familiar. So very glad I have the Spell of Amorous Love for future cherry blossom needs.

Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms - I don't typically like cherry blossom fragrances...unless they're BPAL's cherry blossom note. This is a gorgeous "pink" scent -- a lovely floral bolstered harmoniously by the vanilla musk. It's sweet, pretty, and sexy. The moss is a really nice touch, as it gives this scent a little depth and texture. I really like this one. A lot.

For the first two hours or so this is pure vanilla musk. Since I'm a fan of both vanilla and musk, this really isn't a problem for me. Maybe a closer sniff will bring out the other elements.

Any moss? Nope.

How about cherry blossoms? Not a trace.

Then after the first couple of hours the cherry blossoms start coming out, but I'm still primarily getting vanilla musk. Still no moss. Even though this blend isn't as complex as I was hoping it would be I'm still a fan. I'm not going to hunt down a bottle, but my imp will get plenty of love.

Very creamy vanilla, cherry blossoms and moss! It's so pretty! The light vanilla musk peeks out after a few minutes. This is my favorite cherry blossom scent so far. :wub2:

Soft, creamy cherry blossoms with slight musky undertones. Delicate and lovely - total keeper!

I smelled the cherry blossom only very briefly when I first applied the oil. I haven't smelled that note before, but it was nice and fresh and light. After the first minute or two, it's been all musk all the time. No vanilla at all, sadly, but I think the moss may be bolstering the musk. It's a nice musk, but I'm glad that i doesn't throw because I wonder if it wouldn't be a headache trigger for me. Not what I had been expecting, but perhaps this is what the voyeurs would be smelling- the musk of the two people who were getting busy.

I have put this on three days in a row now - so I obviously like it. I don't get any particular scents coming out, but it's soft, soothing and likeable (without a huge throw).

This was my second bpal i ever got. i got a bottle with only 25% left and thought thats enough. how wrong i was ;.;

In the bottle: Sweet Cherry blossom

Wet on the skin: Still the same sweet cherry blossom scent but with a bit of sexyness to it

dry on the skin: I is masculine but unbelivable sexy.I life in japan and i know what cherry blossom smells like. this exactly smells like a couple getting busy on hanami(cherry blossom party)with all their friends around them.

I never did this but this scent makes me think about trying it out :twisted:

I am totally in dirty cherry blossom love with this scent :wub2: I would wear it every day if i wouldnt be that much afraid to run out. I need to hunt down a full bottle! Or 2 :lol:

This is very "perfumey" to my nose. I was hoping for a large dollop of vanilla musk, but I get mostly cherry blossoms. This is elegant and sophisticated, but it is not me.

:wub2: Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms--one of my top 3 blends!

It starts off with a strong oakmoss note; with its cologne-y vibe it lends a masculine hint to what would otherwise be an exceedingly feminine scent. The cherry blossom sits in the background, waiting for big brother oakmoss to finish his turn. As Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms dries, cherry blossom finally has her time to shine, oakmoss now receding quietly into the background, but making sure cherry blossom doesn't get too loud or run off to far. Vanilla musk comes over to play, and as the dry down continues all three notes blend in heart-achingly beautiful harmony. It really is as if big brother oakmoss is quietly and vigilantly watching his little sister cherry blossom and her friend vanilla musk play. Voyeurs lasts forever and a day too. I'm so glad I managed to hunt down a bottle.