Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with pink grapefruit, lemon verbena, yuzu, lime, parsley, and mint.

The mixture of notes in this sounded strange to me, so I just went with a decant of this particular pumpkin. Now that I've tried it on, it lives up to my expectations of smelling strange on my skin. On me, the pumpkin is buttery, the parsley is dry and herbal, and the citrus is sharp. The mint just wanders in and out like it doesn't know quite what to do with itself. And it all just doesn't work for me as a whole. It feels like this wants to be too many different things on my skin (fruity, foodie, herbal, minty, juicy, dry, buttery, sharp, candied - too much). The notes war on my skin for 2-3 hours, fading in and out and back again, before this dries down into a faint, sweet citrus. I don't think that I like this enough to wear it again.

In the imp: Pumpkin spices and citrus and alcohol

Fresh on the skin: Huh. Mostly bright, fizzy citrus, with spiced pumpkin around the edges, dark and creamy.

5 minutes later: It really is bright, very yellow, and almost even green. Ah, that must be the parsley and mint. Fascinating.

10 minutes later: God, this is incredibly refreshing. The spiced pumpkin is barely there, but I'm pretty sure it's what's grounding this delightful yellow-green citrus, giving it an amazing depth.

20 minutes later: It's calming down and blending together into something extremely unusual and incredibly delicious. I am seriously in love with this.

1 hour later: Still amazing. It's staying quite true to green-yellow citrus blended with creamy spiced pumpkin. Lovely.

2 hours later: This is so weird, and so delicious. It has pretty decent throw, still, too.

3 hours later: The citrus has faded some, so mostly it's sweet, light, spiced pumpkin with hints of yellow and green. Really nice.

4 hours later: Faded down some more to a really soft, warm spiced pumpkin.

5 hours later: Light, sweet, faded pumpkin.

6 hours later: Extremely faded, but still just barely present.

7 hours later: Gone.

Verdict: Gorgeous. Not necessarily in a way I need to. smell like all the time, but it's unique and quite delicious.

One phrase: yellow-green citrus pumpkin

in the bottle: YUM! mint and lime! :P

wet on skin: more of the same. i smell like a mojito! :D

dry down: lime, butter, pumpkin and mint, in that order.

in all: like a slightly stronger version of Tarot:The Star, this Pumpkin possesses a wonderful mix between mint and lime at one end and the sweet buttery foodie pumpkin at the other. they don't exactly "mix" to form one solid thing. instead, they are all present, side by side, sharing the spotlight and making for an odd-but awesome-scent.

:D

In imp: yummy, sharp citrus, grounded by buttery pumpkin.

Wet on skin: the contrast of citrus sharpness with creamy pumpkin is interesting. They don't blend - they are kind of layered over each other so you can smell both distinctly at the same time.

Dry on skin: it's citrus - no, it's pumpkin - no, it's citrus! This is Schrodinger's Cat meets Pumpkin single note. The sharpness of the lime and grapefruit is fading a bit now. It's very interesting and yummy ... and I'll need to come back to it a few times to be quite sure about it. There's very little, if any, throw. But this just gets better and better as the edge of the citrus fades and it all starts to blend smoothly together. Short wear length - eventually it's just a smooth, fruity-pumpkin-y scent next to the skin.

Whoa, weird! Combining a warm pumpkin note with the bright, citrusy notes and coolness of mint....it's odd....

The pumpkin note fades into the background pretty quickly, this is a grapefruit blend.

Now I can smell the green lemon verbena and lime notes.

This is really weird - like Lyrical was saying, the pumpkin and citrus don't blend, they co-exist.

A standout in the Pumpkin Patch this year, although I don't know if I would really choose to wear it. I just don't reach for citrus perfume often. But I think this would be a scent lots of people would be drawn to.

After a little while all I can think of is Froot Loops. : -)

Hm, yeah... I smell lemon, grapefruit, and yuzu in this. Not really any pumpkin. The yuzu is too strong in this for me. I only like light citrus, and never harsh citrus (like yuzu). This one isn't for me.

In the bottle – Buttery rich pumpkin punched through by the mint and the lemon verbena and the grapefruit

Wet on me – The sharpness of the citrusy notes cuts through the richness of the pumpkin. I get mainly grapefruit

Dry on me – sweet, but fresh and still soft, the citrus forms the main part of the blend with the pumpkin forming an unusual backdrop

Overall – I think I like this, although I’m not certain if I would wear it. The almost candylike combination of the sweet citrus and the creamy pumpkin is certainly pleasing

I've had this decant for a while and I thought it was... different. Did have it up for swap but now I'm keeping it. Not necessarily wearable but it's refreshing and you know what I really get? MEXICAN FOOD! without the beans cheese and meat. Srsly. Must be the lime and possibly the parley which is adding to the savoriness. I almost smell the tortilla's but that's just silly...the mint makes it even more refreshing though. It is yummy and makes me want to keep sniffing...This is really weird. Not getting much pumpkin though but my nose is kinda stuffed... Don't really need a bottle but I'm glad I still have my decant. Try this people.

In imp: Lime. Citrus salsa. WTF?

On/wet: Citrus again-- lime, maybe a little grapefruit. Parsley? Uh. What. Really? Isn't this supposed to be a pumpkin blend?

Drydown: Some underlying sweetness, but mostly it's like a very citrusy salsa--no onions, but lots of parsley, more like that fresh-cut salsa stuff that you get a dish of in addition to regular when the restaurant serves fresh tortilla chips. Nice, but hunger inducing, this smells a bit green, and very fresh.

EDIT: A bit odd. I have a bottle of this, also, that's been languishing in a drawer. I might have to keep it for summertime.

Edited by YoakeNoKami

Pumpkin III 08

In the imp: buttery pumpkin, sharp citrus, green herbs.

Wet on skin: the bitter scent of yuzu, grapefruit and parsley now pop out.

Dry on skin: whoa, yuzu and grapefruit! This smells like bitter citrus rind on me now, with hints of parsley and pumpkin. I find that yuzu is like grapefruit on steroids, especially when paired with grapefruit, like in here! This scent is dominated by those two citrus notes, with a hint of sparkling lime and verbena. The parsley adds an interesting bitter herbal note, but I don’t get much mint, and even the pumpkin has gone quiet now.

After a while: the intense bitter peel scent does tone down and the citrus notes now turn into a softer scent. though now the scent seems to take on an oddly soapy feel, with a hint of something almost like wet cardboard? Not sure what’s up with that. I do like the sweet, almost floral and sugared scent that this now has. I can also smell more the pumpkin. It reminds me of Aizen Myoo, but with pumpkin.

Verdict: this was very, very citrus to start with, what with hyper-grapefruit yuzu with grapefruit and lime, not much pumpkin. I quite liked it, even if the yuzu was a little too loud for me as it can be. But then the scent goes really odd, and soapy too. The citrus dies down but whatever’s left turns strangely floral and also sugary, but with that strange soap and cardboard scent which means this just doesn’t work for me. This may be the pumpkin scent I like least out of the 08 patch.

Emoticon rating: :huh?:

Is it a keeper? No.

If you like this, try: Aizen Myoo, Night Gaunt, Pumpkin I 07

In the bottle: What is this?!? It's fruity, desserty, herbal and just defies description. It took me several testings to get to the point where I could review it.

Wet on skin: Smelling the pumpkin, but smelling citrus a little stronger. I"m not good enough yet to figure out which citrus(es) exactly are coming through. I distinctly smell herb, and I think it's mostly or all parsley, but there could be a little mint in there. So delicious, it's dessert-y but not. I really don't have a word for this kind of smell-it's nothing I've ever smelled before.

Moderate-to-strong throw. This tends to last an average time on me, fading slowly and steadily. It's not a morpher, as far as my inexperienced nose can detect. Just in case you were wondering where the 'dry on skin' '15 minute mark' '1 hour mark' etc were.

It's wierd but it works and one of those two things also describes me, so good enough, I say! I could seriously wear this just about every day. It's appropriate, not overbearing, not too formal but not too little-girly, and distinct from all the stuff you find on the shelves- this is what I'd wear when I want to meet new people and have them say "Boy, I don't know what it is, I just like her! What a personality! So quirky and fun!"

I had high expectations. I thought i'd get a citrusy pumpkin smell, but in reality the parsley comes out strong and trumps all over the citric notes. i'm on the fence.

One of my favorite pumpkin-y scents. I wear the sweet stuff whenever I spend time with my SO, as he tends to like the sweeter scents on me. This scent appeals both to his sweet tooth and to my love of herbal smells.

In the bottle: A huge whiff of sweet pumpkin with a lemon undertone. I didn't detect anything herbal when sniffing the bottle. It reminded me of Yankee Candle during the holiday season, but with a slightly more citric sharpness.

On *my* skin: The pumpkin becomes softer and less in-your-face. I love the hit of lemon, mint and parsley. On my skin, this scent is incredibly herbal, while the pumpkin is more of an anchor and deeper note.

I like this a lot more than I thought I would!

In the vial  - Very unusual. Normally I  gravitate to  the cakey, sweet, baked goods-style pumpkin blends. This one is very different and I'm interested to see how the sharp cool green notes  work with  something I normally associate with warm spice. 

Wet on the skin - a pumpkin patch early on an autumn morning, the fruits still covered with  dew and frost. At first it's the mint and parsley that stand out, along with the sharp sweetness of the citrus notes. As time goes on the buttery pumpkin  starts to peep out,  as if the sun is warming the  garden and melting off the frost. 

Dry down - This is a gorgeous blend to wake you up on the sort of morning when the clocks have just changed and it's dark outside and you don't want to get out of bed yet. 

Waxy minty pumpkin, kind of resembling candy. I don't get any of the fruits, but there's still a little bit of sweetness.  The pumpkin and mint are the strongest notes. 

Not the best I've tried from the Pumpkin Patch, but not bad. Just a bit bland? If I had a newer imp I'd probably love the grapefruit and lime. Sadly, I think they have faded with age.