Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with mango, persimmon, coconut, and myrrh.

In the bottle – At first (oddly I suppose) a waft of cinnamon and then the buttery pumpkin and a digestive biscuit sort of scent

Wet on me – Predominantly a biscuity, buttery scent with a touch of the mango and the coconut

Dry on me – The buttery (sometimes overly so) scent of the pumpkin remains the predominant note throughout

Overall – I guess that I would like to have seen more of a showing from some of the other notes Edited by Shollin
fixed BPAL tags --Shollin

This was my first pumpkin. (Of many I'm sure)

I loved this strange concoction!!

In the bottle :Spicy buttery pumpkin

Wet: FIREBALLS!!!!! This smelled like fireballs on me, EXACTLY like them. Hubby agreed, fireballs with pumpkins.

Drydown: Just a pleasant spicy pumpkin now. Nice!

Only getting pumpkin from the imp..

Hmm.. pumpkin with hints of coconut on my skin. I don't get much else, although at times it is a bit fruity. It's nice, I do like it, but there are pumpkin scents I prefer more.

Bottle: Sweet pumpkin/mango. Mostly mango.

On/wet: mango/pumpkin/COCONUT. Like a fresh mango and coconut salad, with a cut pumpkin nearby.

Drydown: Way sweet pumpkin-persimmon with a little mango and a bit of coconut. Really, really sweet, with this hint of flair to the persimmon which could be amazing if the pumpkin would move over and let it take the stage with the coconut.

In bottle: I smell pumpkin, mango, persimmon, and coconut, though not necessarily in that order.

On me, wet: It gets pumpkinier, spicier, and more organic. At first the pumpkin scent was intriguingly wet and raw – it brought back memories of gutting the Halloween pumpkin before carving its face.

On me, drying: After just a few seconds, the pumpkin smell becomes warm and spicy like a cinnamon pumpkin pie garnished with coconut flakes on top. A remarkable morph! I can no longer smell any significant amount of mango or persimmon, and the myrrh hasn’t shown – this is autumnal baked-good goodness. The perfect scent for a cool autumn day.

On me, dry: Oh, how strange! Now it smells like Indian curry. It is very peculiar to smell like a main course.

Verdict: Before it started smelling like curry, this was an A-plus scent -- one of my favourites so far. The curry stage isn't a total dealbreaker, but I prefer to smell like pie.

Initially, pumpkin with mango and brown sugar. Pretty, though I was hoping for a brighter scent.

Dry, I can see why people are getting maple syrup/pancake associations. Usually fruit and pumpkin are good notes on me; perhaps it's some combination of the myrrh and coconut that's giving it the maple-y scent.

The boyfriend verdict: "Maple and brown sugar....hey! you smell like Life cereal!"

I'm not sure I personally mind the brown-sugar aspect, but now that I'm thinking that I smell like cereal, I may have to wear this when the boyfriend is not around, or try it in the oil burner to see if I can find more fruitiness.

A tropical pumpkin. Either I don't know what myrrh smells like (I was thinking spice/incense) or it's not there for me. It's a brilliant, tasty, lovely-smelling combination, anyway, but the throw is kind of weak. It fades really quickly, like almost gone after a half an hour, with no real morph other than the fading. I like it, but I'll probably re-home it since I'd have to constantly re-apply, and I just don't really connect with the idea of the tropics much, anyway.

This one didn’t morph much at all. It’s a wonderful spicy pumpkin and mango scent, with a touch of coconut, which sticks around for hours. Very comfy. Fantastic for any time of year, really.

Pumpkin I (2008)

On: Tons of coconut and sweet, spicy pumpkin.

2 hours in: Warm, spicy pumpkin.

5.5 hours in: Sweet, spicy pumpkin.

Overall: This was a nice pumpkin scent, but I couldn't really get the other notes for most of it.