Bless us then with wishèd sight,
Goddess excellently bright.

Lay thy bow of pearl apart,
And thy crystal-shining quiver;
Give unto the flying hart
Space to breathe, how short soever;
Thou that mak'st a day of night,
Goddess excellently bright.

The essence of the pure, unsullied virgin moon and of the huntress that stalks her prey by the moon's light: amaranth, musk rose, juniper, chaste tree, sweet bay, chamomile, rose mallow, Madonna lily, blue musk, wisteria, and iris.

Dyan Moon - I tested at least a couple dozen new scents at Will Call, and despite how many amazing scents I encountered, Dyan Moon was the clear winner by a mile. It is so incredibly gorgeous and really well-blended. It was very difficult to pick out individual notes, but I definitely smelled the chamomile, the wisteria, and the musks. It's very much a slightly herbal musky-floral, is really soft and gentle, and very feminine. I don't think I've encountered such a beautiful lunar blend in a very long time. I'm so glad I have a bottle of this coming to me and I'm wondering if I shouldn't try to track down a second one eventually, as well.

I just got this in the mail today! This smells like a field of wildflowers, lovely. On my skin it amps the rose and chammomile and wet it smells similar to rose moon '07 but as it dries the rose calms down and the musk is dominant. When I smell close to my wrist the Lily is more apparent. This is a soothing warm heat of summer floral. Yup, this one is a winner!

I couldn't pass up a bottle of Dyan Moon since my middle name is Diane.

In the imp: I'm not sure how to describe this scent. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the specific notes in it. It's definitely got an herbal/green feel but also floral.

Wet on skin: herbal roses. It's light and pretty, though more heady a floral than some of the other light pretty scents I like, if that makes sense. The rose and iris give it a bit more body, while the herbs keep it light.

Drydown: This is such a complex blend. It has an outdoorsy feel, more herbal grassy than cooking herbs. And then there's a sweetness to it too. I usually like fairly delicate florals and the combo of rose, iris and lily in Dyan Moon is certainly not that. The previous reviewer described this as wildflowers, which is not an association I get from these floral scents. It doesn't smell like "perfume" florals either. These are more cultivated garden flowers in someone's yard. But there's something so intriguing about this. It morphs beautifully, emphasizing the different elements as it wears. And, happily, Dyan Moon has major staying power on me. I can still smell it on my cleavage over eight hours later.

It's a scent I know I'm going to come back to again and again.

Very glad I got a bottle of this.

Bottle:Flower-y. I can smell hints of the

lily and wisteria

Wet on Me:Well blended and soft flowers.

Touches of light musk here and there

Drying Down:Still a very lovely and light

floral. Of all the flowers tho, the lily is strongest.

Dry:Soft powdery Floral. Very sweet and nice

and lovely.

This is a lovely lil summer evening flort of a scent.

This is a very strong, white musk floral blend. Very very feminine to the extreme, but not without a certain edge to it. The top notes on me are the rose, light musk, and wisteria. I can detect a distinctly herbal base; but not so much a "green" herbal as a wild, untamed nature - y herbal scent.

On the dry down it becomes very crystalline with a lovely white floral feel. Very pretty, and quite strong for a lunar blend.

On me this is watery with a background of a semi-bitter flower. The bitter flower seems familiar like I should know what it is. Ohhhh, now I know - rose. It's musk rose and rose mallow so I thought I'd be safe but apparently not. Or maybe I thought they would be mild enough that everything else would cover them up.

Eventually this becomes juniper and rose. I don't like the smell of roses - whether it's from fresh cut flowers or a perfume. Unfortunately I won't be giving this another try - it's going straight to the swap pile. :P

I got this almost by accident, but I knew that if there was chamomile in it I would love it. The chamomile really jumps out at me in the bottle and I relax. Ahh, yes, everything's gonna be just fine.

I am a huge rose lover. I rarely go for blends that are just rose + floral because they fade too quickly on me (I favor rose + wood, resin, etc.) but an herbal rose is an intriguing development. I adore herbal blends and greedily grab for any that come out.

The chamomile reminds me strongly of Vipralabda, but with those mellow pale powdery rose notes beneath. In the locket, the chamomile stays strong, and is joined by some dreamy, watery blue florals along with the slightly sharper note of juniper. Though I love wisteria and iris flowers in the garden they've never worked in perfume for me, but they manage not to become too prominent or powdery. And I don't have a headache, so that's a good sign. On my skin, it faded pretty quickly and the notes became less distinct, but that always happens with me and anything that doesn't have a very dark base note.

A dreamy, somnolent, calming blend of mists and flower-strewn ponds at twilight. It is definitely a crepuscular scent to me, quiet and muted, a watercolor of wildflowers and summer herbs nodding in a faint breeze while mists rise from a still lake.

I have two words:

Rose Incense. The whole way through on my skin.

It was ok, but I expected something completely else. Maybe it's just my skin, but I was pretty disappointed. :P

I'm not sure what combination of notes is causing this, but this smells like rose champagne on my skin. Deep, sparkling rose. I can pick out other florals just barely, but it's like being in a dream state, they seem to blur and change, and you're never sure what you'll smell with each sniff. This has to be THE most complex rose blend I've ever smelled. It's amazing!

ETA: Is there grape in here? I keep getting flashes of a hint of grape/wine.

Edited by savage_rose

This is an herbal-rose-chamomile scent on me, with an almost incensey and powdery accent. There's a sort of watery floral vibe and I do get a cool hint of juniper that peeks in and out of things. This is one of those sort of ethereal yet strong feminine blends. Lunar. Glowing. It's truly beautiful, but it's so hard to really pin down in terms of reviewing it.

In the bottle, this is a very complex floral. I can smell rose, lilac, and wisteria over most everything else, though it could be because those are the only notes I recognize by name.

On my skin, this remains very much rose/lilac for a few minutes...and then...AH. SOAP. Soap, soap, soap, and more soap. Soap with a little bit of rose. But mainly soap.

I should know by now, florals and I just don't like each other. But I really wanted this to be a pretty, light floral/herbal scent. Oh, well.

EDIT: After a few agonizing hours of soap, this actually mellowed to a nice musky green-blue herbal. If only it was like this the whole time!

Edited by CordeliaSeduced

Initial Thoughts: I thought I wouldn't like Dyan Moon. In fact, I was pretty convinced I wouldn't - it was my second ever moon, I'd tested a grand total of about ten scents of which three contained florals of any description, and I was Not A Flowers Person. But I was going to put a big imp order through, and I figured I might as well - after all, I could always swap it later.

Now, of course, it arrives and although I'm not the floral-hater I thought I was, I'm eyeing up that list and thinking... actually, I don't have a bloody clue what this is going to smell like. I can count on one finger the number of scents from that list I've tried - Wisteria. In Seraphim, which smelt like washing machine powder on me. I might have tried chamomile, and possibly there have been lilies and roses snuck in odd places (But lilies and roses, as I have discovered, come in as many varieties as stars in the sky).

So. For science!

In the bottle: ... that smells like night cream.

Maybe it's just what my mother concocts into her creams, but that really does smell like something white and goopy that comes in a big cobalt jar to be slathered on before bed. It's not unpleasant - in fact, it's very clean - it's just an odd association for me.

On the wrist, wet: ... Hmm. It smells quite different on the skin - there's still that 'clean' feeling, but the complexity comes out a bit more. Hmm... camomile, maybe, and there's a hint of that brilliantly sharp floral that so disagreed with me in Seraphim - I'm going to assume lily and wisteria - and what I can still only describe as my mother's rose night cream. Lets see what happens on the dry down - I'm certainly far from sold on this.

Twenty minutes later: Oh no...

The notes - I'm assuming lily and wisteria, again - that went icky on me in Seraphim are here, and so is the rose note from Libra and Queen Mab that so disliked me. This doesn't work on me at all.

Verdict: Get ye to the swap pile!

Tl;Dr: If lilies and rose don't work on you, then this isn't likely to, alas.

In bottle - Heady and strong florals.

On the skin - Woah, strong and complex florals.

Verdict - This could be wonderful if it wasn't such a hyper floral. I'm going to let it sit for a few months and think about itself, perhaps it will mellow out with age.

I wanted to try Dyan Moon because Diana has always been my favorite goddess, and the astroid Diana conjuncts my sun. The notes used looked interesting - especially chamomile, which I love. Musk rose sounded interesting, overall nice, but I wasn't expecting anything special.

Was I wrong! I tried it on after the lovely Jacqueline had gone to the back to make up my order at willcall, and I absolutely HAD to have a bottle. WOW. The various notes blend together in a lovely, herbal-flowery symphony. Although its not mentioned, I'd swear wormwood is present - which would make sense. Perhaps mugwort, but a soft one, as Dyan moon is so well rounded. I can't stop smelling myself!

:P

Hmm, this initially reminded me of Night's Pavilion as it has that same same creamy, high pitched floral thing going on. But as it dries I'm mostly left with watery rose...pretty much exactly like attar of rose. But then I amp rose. There's a little musk in there, but it isn't as blue as this version usually is.

This is a nice, clean, not cloying floral.

Origin: decant from eviltemptressdq's circle

Initial Thoughts: Wisteria is one of my favoritest notes evah, so I'll always stop and look more closely at a perfume with it. Blue musk is iffy; sometimes it will behave and sometimes it will amp terribly like the darker musks do with me. I love roses, but sometimes they bloom on me and sometimes they stink.

In the Bottle: A gorgeous chilly floral, with a high, clear note that initially smells bitter, but mellows somewhat on the next few sniffs. Could be the lily or the chamomile. Whatever it is, it adds the element of danger that goes along with Diana the Huntress.

Wet: Rose (behaving so far), wisteria, a light touch of the musk, and gentle herbals. It is indeed well-blended and hard to sniff out the individual notes. A light floral, a night floral.

Drydown: Ah, darn. The rose is pulling its green-stem stinky trick on me. The other notes are almost enough to beat it into submission, but not quite.

Verdict: Well, at least I don't have to chase down a bottle. The wet stage is so nice on me, but this belongs on skin that doesn't muck up the rose.

This is really, really beautiful in a quiet way. The florals are all perfectly balanced with each other and blend harmoniously with the musk. It doesn't throw very far but has good staying power.

This is the deep, soft blue of twilight in the summer. It's very romantic and evocative. It gives me a strong image of a bundle of old love letters, tied with a blue ribbon and stored in a trunk for years (though I certainly wouldn't call it a dry scent) - a happy memory of innocence viewed through the perspective of maturity.

Iris really hates me, at least in bpal blends, it seems. It's the note that ruined the otherwise gorgeous Zarita for me. My skin seems to amp up the iris in Dyan Moon as well, turning this into a sharp, musky, generic white floral smell with hints of more pleasant notes suffocating underneath. I think I might pick out the blue musk and lily every once in a while, as they try to soften and lend a cool, powdery feel to the blend. After about an hour on my skin, this has mostly faded and I'm left with the blue musk's cool, watery feel and hints of sharp florals and rose.

I'm glad that I went with just a decant of this one, because it's too much musky-floral for me to handle.

Dyan Moon

In the bottle: a soft mix of pale musk, roses, gentle blooms and herbs.

Wet on skin: ok, it’s gone a bit sour now, and the bay is really showing up.

Dry on skin: mmm, now it’s not bad! In fact, the sour fades completely. This is a warm pink rose scent, I can really smell the rose here along with the blue musk, and there are hints of lily, iris, camomile and maybe some sweetness from the mallow. But overall this is a soft pale scent which isn’t too herbal, too floral, and too woody. It’s a sweet rose shining under the moon, mixed with sweet blushing blossoms smoothed by blue musk. It’s incredibly pretty! It reminds me of a younger version of Rose Moon, or Moon Rose, for that matter.

After a while: the rose grows stronger and the scent becomes a lovely white rose scent, a bit powdery now thanks to the iris, and for some reason, this scent reminds me a bit of Alice at this point! The rose is almost like Alice, there’s none of the creamy honeyed sweetness, but there is something that, at least on my skin, reminds me of the carnation in Alice. And also the white musky-milky scent. the lily and wisteria are not turning sour at all. I think the blue musk is making all those questionable notes work on me like it did with the lilac in Night Thoughts and the honeysuckle in Long Night Moon.

After some time the lovely powdery iris-musk-rose scent then gains a woodsy scent, almost like sandalwood and a bit of bark. I wonder if that’s the chaste tree?

Verdict: this is such a gorgeous rose scent! I was wary of buying a backup because a lot of the floral notes here sometimes turn to soap. But in this scent, they didn’t. this is an incredibly beautiful mix of youthful white roses glowing in the moonlight, with a soft whisper of nocturnal flowers and that wonderful ‘night air’ scent from the blue musk. It’s gorgeous and feminine and gentle, ethereal and haunting. It’s a delicate and approachable floral that shimmers in tones of silver and pink. It also turns into a scent a little bit like Alice, but not as creamy or sweet, but the rose here seems similar. I am going to have to track down another bottle because I really love this moon scent more than I thought I would.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Yes!

If you like this, try: Rose Moon, Moon Rose, Venus, Sea of Tranquility, Nuit, Long Night Moon

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the bottle: Extremely pale yellow oil. Slightly sweet, herbal, and woodsy flowers; rose, bay, chamomile, juniper, slightly soapy lily, mildly powdery iris and wisteria.

Wet: More floral (less overwlhemingly rosy, more a bouquet), amped soap and powder notes; chamomile and juniper and bay holding strong below. Still quite sweet. Bay, rose, and juniper rule. Fainty honeyed, grain-like, warm grassy amaranth.

Dry: Fucking wisteria, grrr, making this more and more powdery, and the heady powder from the iris isn't helping. The rose and fresh lily have amped further though, which helps make this more bearable. Bay and juniper have softened to pleasant woodsy notes, and chamomile remains sweetly herbal.

Later: The rose amps further, so this is rose over powdery-soapy wisteria. Hints of heady iris, sweet chamomile, smooth amaranth and herbal mallow, and something woody (chaste tree?). A smattering of dusky blue musk.

Summary: Not as bad as I had expected, but the wisteria, as always, ruins the blend with its intense powder. Still, the rose note in this is gorgeous and strong, and the other herbal notes, especially sweet chamomile, distract from the powdery soap. That amaranth is a lovely smooth almost resiny note, but very faint, and likewise with the woodsy notes. The musk, prone to dustiness on me, is thankfully light. Good throw.

Yeah, as I predicted the wisteria and other unfriendly notes killed this, but not to the extent that I was running to the sink. I'm still devastated that this moon named after my favourite goddess failed on me, but it could have been worse.

If you hadn't noticed: WISTERIA + ME = doom.

Edited by fairnymph

DYAN MOON

In Bottle: Floral and berries

On Skin: I get a very sweet berry note that jumps out at me, yet I don’t see and berries mentioned. It is sweet and dark red in feel like a very ripe raspberry or maybe even grape? Under that is a gorgeous bluish white floral. As the scent develops I get the rose, which is sour on me… but the other florals balance it nicely. The herbal notes and fresh and sharp, while the chamomile and musk are soft and mellow the scent out very well. So pretty and feminine, a woman’s scent for sure. The rose starts to amp, a bit much for me… I may try layering this with a cream or milky based lotion which would help tone the rose down. Overall though, a beautiful scent! Moderate to strong throw, long wearlength.

Somehow I missed the lily note in here. I have tried pretty much all the BPAL lily scents, and I haven't liked one. However, I keep trying these out, apparently I haven't learned my lesson.

*puts wrist under electron microscope*

It is a dark, desolate lunar landscape. Focusing in closer, things you might have taken for craters are in fact bodies. What could have happened? Suddenly, from opposite sides of the scene come Lily and Rose, racing at each other.

*cue Mortal Kombat music*

Rose uses Thorn Throw! (Lily loses 300 points)

Lily gets up and launches Sound of Fury! Rose partially counters by using Petal Flurry. (Rose loses 200 points)

Lily continues with Special Attack Fronds of Steel! (Rose loses 600 points)

Rose attacks with Petal Knives, but Lily defends with Petal Fan, and attacks with Special Attack Stamen Torpedo Launcher! (Rose loses 200 points)

Rose does not get up again. LILY IS THE WINNER!

*removes wrist from electron microscope* And there you have what happens to Dyan Moon on me.

This is a surprisingly soft scent. It seems that the chamomile and mallow are strongest, with a little bit of musk and some light florals. It's not herby at all -- it smells a bit floaty. Like a cloud.

It's a very gentle floral. It smells like all the floral notes are cushioned. I really like the softness of it. Very pretty.

On wet, I got a big splash of juicy tropical lush flowers - kind of like the bouquet of smells I get from Fire Pig - minus the sharp ginger. This morphs into a rose bouquet as it dries.

I really liked this on wet. I'm not thrilled about the rose stomping all over the other flowers.

In the Bottle

This is interesting because I don’t know what all of the notes in this blend are supposed to smell like. When I open the imp I am getting a heavy floral fragrance. The rose is the one dominant scent that I can actually pick out.

On My Skin

This reminds me of walking into a flower shop and just being overwhelmed by all of the different floral scents, but it works here because the throw isn’t overpowering. The rose has calmed down and is now indiscernable in the mix of all the notes. I think I’m starting to like this.

After a Bit

Two hours later and it’s still going strong. It hasn’t changed much from it’s initial application. It’s still a complex floral blend. I think I’m having a hard time with this because I can’t identify any of the notes with the exception of rose.

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)

Scent – 2.5 Throw – 3 Longevity – 3

Over all – 2.8’ish

Final Thoughts

It’s a wonderful floral blend, but not something that ‘wows’ me. There are other florals I prefer so I’m not going to go searching for a bottle anytime soon.