Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Storm

A invigorating, tempestuous citrus and floral blend.

I grabbed an imp of this at the last possible minute, because it looked interesting and it was going away.

On me, it seems to be mostly aquatic -- hot water with lemon-scented soap! The florals are very much in the background, and the citrus is only tart for a few minutes, then it smells like doing the dishes. :P It's pleasant enough, just not particularly special. R. says it's more soapy than anything else. I may try this one a second time before making a final determination, but right now I suspect it's going to be a swap.

Mmmm...menthol.

Wait, maybe not menthol...maybe lemon or bergamot. Wow, it really smelled just like that stuff my mother used to put under my nose when it was blocked. Can't remember the name of it.

This is very cheery for a perfume oil called Storm. I was hoping for a more dark ozony laden oil. This reminds me a lot of Embalming Fluid minus the tea. Very perky.

I am a bit neutral to it. It reminds me of other oils I tried and now, minutes later, it smells like lemon on me and that is it.

Hopefully, when it calms I will get more of a "storm" effect. It needs more dirt, more ozone, more rain, more lightning in a bottle.

I thought I got a whiff of eucalyptus when I put this on, but it disappeared right away, leaving a lemony-aquatic. As it dries, I smell an ozone note. The lemon-citrus scent fades a little, leaving the ozone and a marine note so salty, I can taste it in the back of my mouth. :P Off to swaps!

erm.... i admit it. i never even tried it on. i sniffed the imp, smelled the citrus, and said "no thank you", because citrus, on me, turns into cat pee.

I love BPAL aquatics but the citrus notes they seem to contain are hit and miss with me, as my skin amps up citrus to a fare-thee-well.

Storm was nearly intolerable on me for this reason. It was a whole lotta lemon and not much else.

strom smells just like lemon thyme i grow in my herb garden, it is fresh, clean, lemony, and a bit herbal, i expected alot more ozone, but am pleased it is not that.

I am useless at trying to identify any "notes" whatsoever in this blend, but I love it SO MUCH. My first introduction to BPAL was a bunch of imps that a friend sent to me in November, and this is the one I loved the best.

On me, Storm is ozone and a faint hint of dryer sheets, which is a lovely combination. Very comforting. It's not the smell of a storm itself, more like the feeling of cuddling up in your bed with a book while you're waiting the storm out. Perfectly lovely. I was so sad to find it was discontinued, but I will hoarde my imp and make it stretch out for as long as I can. :P

a review of Storm

Vial ~ salty and very watery smelling. You can smell the wetness in the

air and wonder when the storm is about to approach. Living in the desert

I truly miss the salt air

Wet ~ On my wrists it has not change much, but I believe I am detecting

grapefruit. There is definitely a tart citrus scent

Drying ~ As it is drying, the saltiness lingers but softens and the citrus

takes over.

Dry ~ For me, this is a wonderful balanced blend of tart citrus and salt.

There is still that aquatic scent, but it is not the prominent scent. What

a shame that Beth discontinued this scent, I think it makes a great

summertime scent and I think it would be rather refreshing to wear on a

hot day.

Fade ~ After an hour the scent has faded, but I can still smell it's

prescence on my wrists.

Final thoughts ~ A very likeable scent. But at least for me, it will need

some reapplication during the day. I love the way certain scents bring back

memories and/or just lift my spirits. this is one of those scents. Due

to it's lack of staying power I would have to give it a 3.

Storm was a gift from a faery helper.

Read the description and citrus ... YAY! Daubed on back of hand and it's lemon verbena. Lemon. Lemon.

As it dries … headache! So sad. So very, very sad that something appears to be turning everything I try these days into single note scents rather than letting them be odiferous melodies. :P

Bottle (Imp): Water with some kind of plants in it, but not flowery really.

Just On: About the same, but maybe with a hint of a flower.

An hour or two later: Plants in water.

Around 6 hours: A vase full of greens, take the greens out, and smell the water.

12 hours: Barest hint of water.

Overall: I like it well enough, but it's not an OMFG scent.

After reading other reviews: Wow, I got no citrus out of this really.

storm.jpg

It almost smells like eucalyptus, it's almost pine-like. There is a sort of lemongrass header to it, and a sort of "skin scent" that tags along in the background. I don't get florals from Storm but I do get an ozone/aquatic ring to it. It isn't very perfumy, not the sort of a scent you would wear to attract others to you. It's almost an "I want to be alone, get it?" sort of a scent. It's bracing and I think it would be great for keeping alert and for concentrating (like when you have to drive long distances or study late into the night."

Storm is one of the fastest disappearing BPALs that I have ever tried. It went through several stages and then was gone so quickly that it made me feel like I was dreaming (the nyquil I've been taking adds to this illusion, lol).

First on this was bracingly cold, like being caught in an early spring rain. It was lemony, slightly watery, and had a cold menthol bite. The coldness and aquatic edge quickly faded and I was left with what smelled like salty lemons. I thought that I could smell dandelion or daffodil in the drydown, but it was so light that it was hard to tell what was really going on.

Storm had all disappeared within a half hour. I'll probably be giving my imp to a male friend... it was clean and citrusy enough to work on a male, I think. It was gone before I had time to form much of an impression at all though.

Storm - the scent description for this oil says “citrus and floral blend.” I smell the tiniest bit of citrus in this blend that I think may be lime and possibly even a touch of orange/tangerine, but the dominant note in this blend is jasmine, which is my personal nemesis. The jasmine isn’t as strong as it could be, but it’s still heady and fragrant and completely overwhelming. This blend has a good level of throw, and could easily be over-applied. Although the sweet citrus notes are enticing, the jasmine ruins this blend for me. I imagine someone who got alone better with jasmine and who enjoys citrus would like this blend a lot.

In the imp: Bright citrus.

Wet: Cleaning supplies and sour grapefruit.

Dry: Cleaning supplies.

I get ozone and citrus from this. It's nice, but reminds me very strongly of dryer sheets. Strong and sneeze-inducing, but also clean and pretty.

In the bottle, it smells slightly of Old Spice.

On my skin, there's such a rich, citrus scent. Normally, the lab's citrus is way too strong, and smells too much of lemons.

As it dries, the citrus gets stronger, and there's more of an herbal tone-- almost sage.

Unfortunately, the lemon cleaning product citrus death-knell note comes out really strong when it reaches the dry-down :P

In the bottle: Really strong ozone, eucalyptus, and lavender.

Wet: Same. Very herbal, astringent, and masculine. Definitely a bold, eye-opening and sinus-cleansing scent.

Dry: A little gentler, more floral (vaguely so - I can only identify lavender). Eucalyptus fades thankfully, exposing more ozone.

Summary: Clean, masculine lavender-ozone over brash eucalyptus with faint floral hints. Very strong throw and lasting power. I never get even the slightest bit of citrus.

Oh, hey, it's menthol and lemon! It's a veritable tempest of VapoRub, waiting to swirl into my nostrils with cold-salving fury!

Ew. I am so very glad that this was an extraordinarily generous gift and not anything I actually paid to have. Storm: Tried it for the name, got rid of it quickly for the smell. Doh.

In the imp, this really made me think of the pith of the grapefruit. It was a strong citrus smell, and it did well with the ozone. I loved it on wet, but as it dried, it kind of became a lemon pledge cleaner.

SAAAD.

The lab sent me several discontinued fragrances as frimps- Storm is one of them.

In the imp and wet, this smells nasty. Sharp and almost rotten. I nearly washed it off but I am glad that I didn't.

On drydown, there's a mint note-- spearmint??-- that is predominant. Lavender is in the background. I wouldn't have thought that these two would blend well but I do like them together.

Not an everyday scent, but lovely for a change.