Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

This is a clean mix of rose and moonflower on me, I don't pick up "dew" as a specific note but the flowers are crisp and wet so I guess that's it there. This is not one of those heady, powdery rose scents, it is fresh and slightly sweet.

I can appreciate this but it's not really my thing - just not a floral fan. I'd highly recommend it to those who like other light florals, though, as I think it's a well-crafted blend.

My first BPAl scent and can anyone say

"Love at first smell!!!!" :P

I love, love, LOVE this one. It isn't an ordianry rose smell, it just smells so soft, so elegant, so feminine.

*sigh*

I have to order a big bottle soon. :D

Moon rose is a very soft, delicate scent. I prefer a little more body and complexity so I don't think I'll be keeping it but it is very pretty.

Moon Rose

This is almost pure rose on me. I'm reminded of Othello without the spice and the touch of warmth. Where I associate Othello to be a pale orange colour, Moon Rose is a pink with lilac flecks. It's very fragrant, quite ethereal and a bit powdery.

It's most likely too girly for me but I will give it another go.

I got Moon Rose as a freebie. I can only echo what others have said: it's a clear, bright, ethereal tea-rose type scent, and if that's what you like, look no further! Cool rose scents really aren't "me," though - if I'm going to wear rose, it needs to have a spicy/resinous underlayer (my rose of choice is Othello), or else it comes across entirely too girly-girl for me. Like many scents that don't really grab me, though, it has plenty of staying power on me. It would make a great rose room scent, I think, or else it's going into swap.

Moon Rose has me humming Moon River for some reason.

First sniff

A very clear and gentle rose. Not overpowering at all, sort of like what the memory of

a rose would smell like.

When wet

Wow I think this might be my favourite rose scent yet. Not strong at all, if there were

silver roses they'd smell like this. Soft and touched with something else...maybe

lavender? It's very pretty.

Drydown

Very subtle but still lovely, it's so ethereal and intangible.

Aftermath

This is a great scent if you love rose but don't want it to overpower you. I definitely will be buying this next order as I can see myself wearing it daily.

moon rose

at first: mostly, i smell rose, but a white rose. it's a very watery scent, which is great.

on: rose, but more watery. it's sweeter than roses, too. nice.

1 hour later: a watery, powdery rose. the sweetness is still there.

3 hours later: this is going a bit too soapy. it smells like white roses.

overall: this is nice, but i think i'll have to be in the mood for it. i probably won't get it again.

I got this one from a friend who knew it was on my list to try because I love roses. This one is so beautiful :P When I first put it on it almost smells like lily of the valley to me. It's very soft and light. The lily fades and then it is all soft roses. It smells like very pale translucent petals and stems. I think some of this might be the moonflower in it. The dry down is watery and sweet but light, not a cloying sweetness. There is something else familiar in here but I can't pinpoint it. This is very dreamy and romantic and is right next to Persephone at the top of my big bottle list. :D

Seems like I'm the voice of dissent here but I wasn't that keen on this one :P

I love rose scents and when I read Elizabeth's description I had to try it - it sounded perfect, but I think the problem is that I love really strong rose scents with real depth to them (Rose Red is my favourite BPAL rose scent) and this one, though pretty, is incredibly light. To me is smells like a sharp, faint rose water which is nice enough, but not amazing.

I think it you like light, tea rose kind of scents you will love this but if you're more into heavy rose scents like Harlot and Blood Rose then it probably won't be your kind of thing.

First sniff: A light, delicate, watery rose. The palest of pink.

Wearing: Wet on my skin, Moon Rose is stronger than I thought – there’s an immediate aura of misty rose, with a touch of green. It’s very soft, shy and innocent. It isn’t something I’ll wear often, but I’ll definitely keep it around for when I’m feeling girly.

As Harlot is my perfect rose scent, I was quite prepared not to like Moon Rose. But thank you Astarte for putting this in as an extra for a swap, because it is beautiful.

The gentleness of the moonflower mingles with the frilliness of the rose. To me, it's a perfect still, cold winter's day scent. I imagine myself as a Snow Queen (not as innocent as Snow White, but nowhere near as mean as the Ice Queen) - looking beautifully ethereal, festooned with ice diamonds, gliding through forest thickly covered with snow. Not a cold scent by any means, with just the palest of pinks peeking through, but definitely a scent that's been chilled.

Harlot is my spicy summer rose; Moon Rose is my luminous winter rose.

Can't believe I neglected to post a review of Moon Rose?! This was a gift from the delectable Emu Nymph.

Probably the reason for no post was the few notes. "Smells fantastic," is really a poor review. It is a gentle rose scent which starts as a moonlit garden in bloom and fades to beautiful scent of silver roses. Sophisticated.

What's interesting is this a good scent choice for the evening.

Loverly.

This is like standing out in the garden in the evening, pure white moonflowers craning their stem-necks up to the stars and roses mysteriously opening up to bloom as well, the white roses that have traces of pale green about the edges. The rose is heavier at first, but as the oil dries the 'dew' scent and the other flowers are more prominent. It's very pretty and it actually stays true on my skin, unusual for a floral. Still, floral scents don't really suit my personality and I always feel a bit weird wearing them.

Oh, I am in love! :P

Thinking that I already had enough rose scents, I almost didn't pay attention to Moon Rose when it was released, silly cow that I am. Thankfully, Nenia offered to swap it and sent it to me in a lovely package full of little goodies.

I can only chime in with the other reviews: Moon Rose is a straightforward yet gentle white rose, etheral and sophisticated. It is very feminine and ageless, neither youthful nor old ladyish. As several people mentioned, this is a blend whose intensity drops fast, which doesn't mean that it disappears, but that it fades into a very mellow, natural smelling rose scent. If you are concerned that rose smells overpowering or artificial on you, you can safely try Moon Rose, there is none of that here.

I am afraid that my beloved Persephone will have to surrender its crown as bestest rose blend ever to Moon Rose. It is just that beautiful.

In the bottle: The moonflower adds a very pale, ethereal smell to the rose. You can even pick out the dew in there. It's not green like Rose Red or as rich as The Empress or as sweet as Persephone. It has something that's vaguely antiseptic about it.

Wet: The moonflower has a very strange smell to it. I can detect the rose, but it's under the moonflower. All the moonflower reminds me of is the rich, thick, white magnolia petals in New Orleans and the way I used to crush them between my fingers. This smells the way they felt, kinda waxy but relenting at the same time. This is a very ethereal floral, the kind you can catch on the night breeze if you're outside walking under the stars.

Dry down: I'm not sure about this rose blend. It's very nicely done, but the scent just isn't something I really care for. I don't know if it's because of the moonflower or the rose used or what. I'm usually a very big fan of the rose blends. Spellbound is the only one I've found so far that really bothered me. This is nice in a strange way, in an otherworldly way. This is not an earth rose. This is the rose that exists during the twilight hours in a fairy circle under the moon. It's perking up a bit and getting a little sweeter as time goes by though so it might work out after all. There's still that almost waxy note in the background. I can't pick out what it is, but these magnolia petals are emblazoned on my mind's eyes, the way they scattered across the ground. The way they felt between my fingers. The way they tore.

Dry: Something in this makes me want to sneeze. And my head is clogging up a little. I think I might have found another rose blend that isn't for me. But i've still got a lot of them to love. I can't keep anything I'm allergic to. I wouldn't mind if it was just headaches, but I start sneezing and gets congested and it's really just horrible. This is a lovely blend and probably makes many people very happy. But it doesn't love me back. At this point, I would be willing to blame bad smells on the monthly cycle, but my allergies don't change so this can safely go into the swap pile.

In the vial: it's Crabtree and Evelyn Rosewater and Glycerin soap/bubble bath, which I grew up using. Fond childhood memories are never a bad thing. It's pleasant and light.

Drying: I think I put too much on. The rose scent is still very strong. I think the scent is very feminine and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who likes rose scent, but it's not me.

Dry: Ick. It's gone to plastic on me and there's something very synthetic behind the rose. Glad I got it in a swap.

Overall: For those who like rose, get it. It's not overpowering but still very sweet. I think I'll stick to my light, slightly more masculine scents.

Try: I put this on over Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom lotion and called it Rosie Cotton, and it wasn't bad until the rose went funny on me.

In the imp: Clear, light roses.

Wet: Still pretty true to what it was in the imp. Clear, light roses -- it's very ethereal. Someone mentioned in another thread a similarity to Rose Red & I can see where that comes from. It's not as green and lighter, but it's clear rose.

Drydown: Crap. Is there lemon in this?

Final thoughts: Bah, there is lemon in this & it smells like a combination of lemon-scented insect repellent and soap. Le sigh on my skin chemistry. Off to swaps.

I don't know if I can say anything more than what others have said. Moon Rose is light, airy and not overpowering with the roses. As my sister would say, "It's a delightful smell."

almost made me cry. it smells just like this lotion my grandmother used to use...she would put it on us after our bath and we would go to bed smelling like pretty flowers. she passed away in 2001

very fresh and clean and white.

A Lab freebie that I never would have ordered, given my aversion to rose. But hey, I'll try anything once if it's Beth's...

This is very strange. I don't care what the description says; my nose says there's no rose in this at all, nor any other detectable floral. On me, it's all aquatic! "Midnight dew" is a fairly appropriate description; it's a light, chilly, watery scent. I rather like it -- certainly it's worth keeping around long enough to compare with Tempest, Szepassony, and Titania, as it seems to fall into the same general scent family. R., of course, finds it thoroughly obnoxious, but it may very well end up in the "not while he's around" group. I'm delighted to find something with "Rose" in the name that actually works for me!

The description and name of this scent are dead on. This is a lovely rose scent that is very translucent--in fact, it's barely there! It evokes a silvery pink in my mind. It's an innocent and lunar scent that's very pretty.

This is a lovely, soft scent. It's like a luxurious rose-scented powder. Very light, but it's definitely there.

ETA: As this one dried down and is wearing throughout the day, I began to notice a light cedar scent to it. It reminds me very much of this old hope chest that my parents have, when I would go through it as a child and play with all of my mother's old dolls and read old love letters from my father to her. It's a very soothing, grounding smell. I am definitely going to buy a bottle of this soon. :P

Edited by gingersnapp

Moon Rose is wonderful in the bottle. I could smell the roses! When I put it on I felt like I aws standing amongst fresh cut roses. Unfortunately, this scent has faded fairly quickly. I've only been wearing it for a few hours and I have to really search for the scent against my wrists.

Bottom line: A beautiful rose bloom that vanishes on the breeze.

Moon Rose is a rather sweet, perfume-y smelling floral. I only like florals when they're heavily doused with musk and amber, and sweet florals can make feel me nauseated, so this one is most definitely not for me.

well since i have learned beths roses are so beautiful i searched this one out on swaps

wet it was rubbery smelling, very weird

as it dried it became more moonflower then rose, this is a very very delicate, light fragrance, the rose is very very faint, i like my stronger rose blends but this may be a summer beach trip perfume.