Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bigeyedgirl

TKO Massage Oil

Many things -- such as loving, going to sleep, or behaving unaffectedly -- are done worst when we try hardest to do them.

Soothing lavender in a blend of skin-softening almond oil, rice bran, and vitamin E.

Holy moly this is amazing! This really smells just like the perfume oil (a bit lighter, which is fine!) and is so wonderful to massage into my feet before bed. I wish I could have used this on my clients while I was a practicing Massage Therapist because it could have been so beneficial for so many of them. I have found myself reaching for this much more than the perfume oil lately...yummy and does the trick - I'm usually asleep about 10 minutes after I lay down. Great stuff! :wub2:

As an addict of TKO and the Erebos atmosphere spray, I had to have this. I made massage oil for a year and a half in my previous job at a holistic health centre and so like to think I know a thing or two about it. This stuff has spectacular glide and as for the therapeutic properties of the blend itself - TKO is second to none when it comes to knocking me out for the count. This could put a T Rex to sleep. It's not greasy on the skin and is lovely and silky and just gorgeous. First use of a BPTP massage oil today and I am very impressed indeed. My skin feels and looks beautiful <3

I hate strong lavender. This scent, however, is like a big fluffy lavender marshmallow. It's lovely.

The oil itself sinks into your skin fairly quickly. It isn't greasy, and the scent lingers for quite a while.

Highly recommended. :D

OMG I love this massage oil. I have not used the perfume oil but got in my mind that I had to have some TKO massage oil after reading the reviews . This scent is sooo relaxing with its lavender followed by sweet marshmallow. It's like xanax in a bottle but without the side effects but may be just as addicting. Ever since it arrived yesterday I keep rubbing it on my arms so I can smell it. I have been really ill lately and have some stressful situations I can not get a handle on and TKO has me in such a relaxed state......totally chilled out . Can not wait to actually get a TKO massage. Thank you thank you for making this stuff..... I really must get some of the TKO oil too. Next order it shall be mine.

This is fabulous! It might smell a little bit sweeter than the perfume, but that may be that it tends to last longer on my skin leaving a sweetish smell behind.

I love the perfume version as it really helps me to calm down and prepare myself for sleep. I find that when I wear this I tend to cut down on the time that my mind races. The massage oil seems to help truly knock me out. I had knee surgery this past Thursday and hate sleeping on my back which is a necessity while it is healing. However, I've been slathering this on my arms before sleeping and it certainly seems to help put me to sleep and when I wake up, if I have any pain, I usually am relaxed by the scent and can fall back asleep when I never used to be able to do so. It may be a placebo effect, but I don't care. As long as I think that it is helping and I end up getting more, and a deeper sleep I will continue to use it. Plus it smells amazing :)

absolutely amazing! generally speaking, my boyfriend is "tolerant" of my BPAL addiction. he thinks it's a little weird but he's generally happy to let me do my thing and stays out of my way.

then i used TKO massage oil on him. the dude cannot stop raving about how amazing it is. i am not a professional masseuse or anything like it, but i gave him a good shoulder and back rub with it - i was pleasantly surprised by how well it spreads out and is absorbed, but still gives plenty of glide...all without leaving a big greasy mess. boyfriend kept mumbling about how good it smelled, right up until he started snoring. :) he asked me to leave it at his house, supposedly so i can use it again, but i have a sneaking suspicion he's using it on himself.

we have a winner. :)

After many heartbreaking swaplifts, I FINALLY got this from a lovely forumite. Normally I'm lazy and I don't review many products...so when I do, it's because it's a winner. I told my husband that all I want for the yule and my birthday is bottles upon bottles of this. Every night that my husband uses this on me, I'm usually asleep within 20 mins (thats a huge feat for me) and I sleep solid. I can't say enough great things about this product. I've been on a huge lavender kick lately and this satisfies it along with the sweetness of marshmallow, so it doesn't get too overwhelming. :wub2: 10 out of 10

TKO is one of my favorite BPAL scents. (I love sugary florals, and TKO is like a cloud of lavender marshmallow goodness.)

Needless to say, I love this stuff. The massage oil isn't as potent as the perfume oil, but it is still amazing. I tend to slather this on myself before bed (on my arms and legs), and if any of it gets on the bottle, I wipe the bottle off on the bedding so that it can smell of lavender marshmallow awesomeness, too. The oil is thicker than a bath oil, but it doesn't take long to absorb into the skin. Even the boy loves this stuff and uses it on occasion.

I just finished using up my first bottle, and I daresay that I will be needing more!

tumblr_m76y3u29WF1rnn7li.gif

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: I gotta admit, I was a little skeptical about TKO, but instead of buying the perfume oil, I bought this instead. I used it last night after a shower and WOW!!! The scent is a little sweet, yes, but the combination of lavender marshmallow goodness is amazing!!! I felt so relaxed ( that's a lot to say since I spent most of the week really stressed and sad). I could stop worrying for a while (chronic worrier) and just have fun with the bf for a while. I must have bottles and bottles of this stuff! It will always be used after showers before nap time. Probably not for morning showers since I will inevitably feel sleepy (very Pavlov response).

I have used over 2 maybe 3 bottles by now and am out. GAH. My husband often massages my back before bedtime to help with my insomnia, bad back, being a general stress pot etc etc. Okay I am spoiled what can I say? I used to hate lavender. I mean it gave me headaches. I had no clue why anybody in the universe would choose lavender to help them sleep but this is so snuggly and comforting. I wake up smelling all sweet and vanilla ish... like a marshmallow or something. It is great for my dry skin-the husband loves the scent and the slip.

My next post order will include TKO. Sadly I have been saying this for months. I have warned the husband that I will be making an order SOON. For plenty of this and whatever bath oil or hair gloss that takes my fancy.

This definitely lived up to it's hype. It's lavender mixed with a toasted gooey marshmallow. I'm not a lavender fan or a foodie, but somehow this works. I love slathering it before bed so the sheets smell like it too. I'm not sure if it helps me sleep, but it smells absolutely YUM.

Oh, and it's a great moisturizer too :biggrin:

This is my first experience with both TKO and The Post's massage oil. I am quite happy with the oil, which I just used as a moisturizer. But it just smells like oil. I think specifically the rice bran. Which isn't very pleasant. I get no lavender, no marshamallow or vanilla. Just kinda icky oil. I'm wondering if my batch is less scented? I know batch variation happens. I guess I will have to buy a bottle of TKO perfume to really try it...and then maybe dump some into my massage oil.

Edited by LizziesLuck

I did not find this weaker than the perfume oil at all, but I am trying it in 2017. I actually may prefer the massage oil in the future because of the extra moisturizing benefits. This really is an amazingly fast absorbing oil and the scent surrounds you even when you wake up. Really it ticks all the boxes I love it and will be purchasing more in the future.

I'd also like to add the art for this oil is different from the site, it is the same as the 5ml oil bottle (the two ladies boxing). And frankly, I love it so much more than the website's picture. Hope future TKO massage oil continues to be packaged this way.

Edited by Nilbog