Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
anmorata

Which Are Your Favorite Voodoo (A.K.A. Conjure Bag) Oils?

In looking through the Voodoo Blends, I don't seem to see one that really jumps out at me for enhancing charm, charisma and confidence. I'd like to exude all three Cs, as I often find myself sorely lacking (that could just be a matter of opinion, though.) in those qualities. I'm not looking for sexual attraction, just a little boost for this meek Leo girl.

What would you suggest?

well, i'd say aunt caroline's joy mojo. not only does it smell fantastic, but it does seem to induce happiness, which i usually find very enigmatic and charismatic. being bubbly and happy go lucky all the time is one thing, but seeming generally pleased and content with yourself definitely gives one an air of confidence.

love me, queen, and black cat also seem to fit the bill pretty well depending on what kind of charisma/charm you're going for.

love me, queen, and black cat also seem to fit the bill pretty well depending on what kind of charisma/charm you're going for.

Fortunately, I have all of those, save for Love Me. :P I'll give them a shot.

The sort of charisma I'm wanting is.. well, I suppose it's best explained with an example. I have a friend who is just one of those people that lights up the room when she's there. You notice her when she walks in, you miss her when she's gone. She's wonderfully funny, charming, and self-confident.

I want to be that girl, or one just like her. I have always felt like a bit of a wallflower. I've got the confidence inside me, I know I do.. it just needs a little boost. Perhaps the rest will follow once I get that in line. :D

Edited by anmorata

I would recommend French Creole but it was discontinued :P

I wear this for meetings or for added strength.

It is supposed to draw influential people to you and not in a sex way.

Maybe Crucible of Courage or Has No Hanna could make you feel a bit bolder as well :D

How about High John the conqueror? It says in the description, among other things, 'enhances people's opinion of you'. I know some people have had good job interviews with that one. I'm not sure it's entirely what you're looking for..

For me, Wolf's Heart is the surpreme confidence enhancer. I've taken to using it anytime I have to go to work, as there are a few people I work with that are really good at poking holes in any confidence I do have.

Tho for all three, I might bust out the Black Cat. Meow!

Out of the Voodoo Blends I've tried, my the only one I really like (and like a lot) is Wolf's Heart. I smeared some on the boy the night before his interview, and he said it went really well (of course, he gave no credit to the oil I wiped on him). I'm thinking that I should try oils like Cruciable of Courage and High John the Conqueror, but I always forget to (bah!).

Outside of the Voodoo Blends, I feel bold and charming when wearing fragrances like Hollywood Babylon or Vinland. The resin-sweet fragrances make me feel a bit plucky for one reason or another.

-doreen

I was wondering which Voodoo Oils (now classified under "The Conjure Bag" in Bewitching Brews) people have found most effective for their intended purpose. I have none at the moment (been busy delving into TAL). I have owned and swapped several bottles of voodoo oils over the years but there's a couple that I miss, and I'd like to get a couple of new ones.

I don't have many (yet), but I'd have to say that my favorite Voodoo Oil is Water of Notre Dame. It really calms me and makes me feel better no matter how frazzled my nerves were before. It's awesome stuff!

But I do have to say that every Voodoo Oil I've tried so far has been effective. Sometimes amusingly so.

I have yet to experience any kind of actual reaction from other people or myself from a voodoo oil. But I'm really excited for when it does actually happen.

I've been wearing Love Me this past week...I'm still waiting for Prince Charming to come riding down my street on a horse lol.

Having said that I do feel happy when I wear Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo, but that's because it's in my top ten and I Luuuurve it!

I had a good experience with Has No Hanna. Firstly, I like the scent, but second of all, whenever I wear it I *feel* lucky. One day when I wore it, it was like the perfect day. Lights changed for me, people at work were civil and didn't NEED things from me, and the day passed by so quickly, I could barely believe it. And I had frimps in the mailbox when I got home, and discovered my love for Morgause!!

All in all, a pretty good day.

My luck most days is so bad, just having a day on an even keel feels lucky to me!

Have to second Has No Hanna. Just seem to have extra good luck with little things throughout the day when I wear this, and in the attraction department I find that Follow Me Boy works really well to start conversations, people stand a little closer, and become a little more affectionate. :P

I've only ever tried Wolf's Heart, but I love it. Love, love, love it. :P Soothing and strengthening, and I like the smell, too: a bit of an unusual combination that I have trouble describing, but I like it, and now I have positive associations with it from the effectiveness of the oil. Good, good stuff. (But LQ, how do you really feel? :D )

Blockbuster, hands-down - the effect is almost instantaneous. I keep a vial at my desk for those days when I just can't make any headway... a few sniffs brings my brain back into focus & helps banish the distracting thoughts that tend to pile on mid-day. Water of Notre Dame is also very effective, but requires more concentration on my part to help it work its calming magic.

First of all, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread!

Have any of you used any of these in combination with each other and are there any ADDITIONAL reviews or recommendations on the effectiveness rather than the fragrance of these oils? I have gotten some frimps and have put some Van Van in the water I spray on my hair in the morning and Blockbuster in my hot oil burner but my must try list of The Conjure Bag seems to be including all of them which is simply not affordable all at once and I had wonderful results from my last request for recommendations from this forum so...

Ask, ask again!!!

Love Me is my absolute favorite conjure bag oil. I bought a 5ml. I have noticed it really works; maybe too well. I will occasionally use Blockbuster at work for a sort of quick gathering of wits and I have used it while wearing Love Me; but I didn't notice any synergistic effect.

Don't ever use Block Buster unless you mean it. I wore it to therapy once and had a huge and scary breakthrough. My other amazing one: Dove's Heart, which is always so soothing and healing. :P

I've been collecting Conjure Bag imps and I only need one more to complete my set! Well, I do have a bottle of ACJM instead of an imp.

The ones that work the very best for me are:

All Night Long. Okay, so things don't actually go all night long but they do sure last much longer when I use this oil with intent.

Has No Hanna - I do find that this one makes me feel relaxed. It's like Xanax for the soul. It makes you feel like everything will be alright.

I've used High John the Conqueror quite a few times but haven't noticed as much of an effect as with the other two. I've used a few of the other love oils, too but not enough to notice any effect. I'll have to try and pick out one a day to use and see what happens. I suppose I could report back here. :P

yay, posts.

it's like sending a message in a bottle.

I have made a little spray bottle of High John to use at work. I spray it on top of my head just a little in my cubicle through the day because I work in this terrible call center and it seems to make the day easier to get thru. Like I seem to dodge the really heinous callers and also to have more emotional equilibrium and sense of humor over the bad calls. I want to try Aunt Caroline's Joy and Has No Hanna and see in what ways they make a difference in how I move through my days. I think it works better if I just smear the oil on my head but I was afraid of running out of my imp. Van Van seems to be very subtle augmentation of personal power but in a grounded way and not a rock star way. Blockbuster is my favorite so far and very comforting to me personally but I really like a lot of change so that makes sense. It does seem like a little bit is pretty effective with these. I look forward to actually doing some "work" with Twilight Lab oils as a holiday bonus gift to myself but The Conjure Bag seems extremely solid to me so far and also, comfortable for day to day use. I am reviewing these oils too but would love to hear more info and chat here too if anyone likes to.

It is good to know about All Night Long. I have had my eye on that one. I like feeling out the subtle differences in The Conjure Bag. And thanks for all the posts!

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Don't mess around with Fire of Love. It's awesome, I love it to death, but it's a little too good at what it does. I'm not much for magic, but I do believe in the subconscious mind, and I'm telling you that stuff goes straight to the hindbrain.