Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A memory of pleasure passed. A ghostly rendezvous, delight beyond death. Faint echoes of laughter and the distorted music of a harp drift by, along with the scent of soft white pear and sweet vanilla.

This was mostly light vanilla bean and sweet pear in the bottle and on my skin. Which starts off juicy pear and then faded into a light vanilla, and little if any of the pear stuck around. The weird thing is I get kind of a dusty note that pops up in the end and hung around. Wasn't sure why but it took away from the foodiness and was a just a little weird for me on my skin. Low throw and short longevity.

BUT the label is the cutest thing ever especially if you like tea! ;)

Wet: Sweet, candied pear, really strong. VERY SWEET! Like, screamingly so.

Dry: Pear candy. Overly sweet and artificial smelling on me. Not my type of thing! I used to love fruity candy type smells, but more and more they just aren't doing it for me. If you love fruity candy smells though, this is for you. Objectively, it's fantastic.

Honestly, this reads as almost a cherry vanilla on me if I didn’t know I were looking for pear. It’s beautiful: sweet, creamy, and soft—a delight that I could almost eat! Only when I bring my nose to wrist (or wrist to nose, I suppose) does it smell vaguely like pear. Otherwise, I would think, from afar, it smelled more like a Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream. I love it either way, pear or cherry. :)

A lovely, foodie, soft vanilla-pear scent. The pear here does not veer into the artificial, the way The Vine did on me. This is very quiet, with no throw at all, and like so many scents described as "ghostly," it fades quickly on my skin.

I have two imps ; one clearly from 2012 and one undated, and I'm confident it's from 2007 release based on the smell. So. Two reviews in one!

2007:

Source : Swap - Unknown year. Label seems older, makes me THINK 2007 but I have no proof.

Preconception: Really want JUICY PEAR please!

Imp: Much more "perfumey" than I thought it would be...

Skin: Pear is super subtle on me. This is all vanilla. Gentle vanilla - but vanilla. Maybe there was a pear in there that got cooked once? It's coming across as foody vanilla.

Drydown: More of the same. Gets that lovely vanilla long-term drydown moving. Almost has a sandalwood-esq vibe to it for me. Smooth and warm.

Verdict: Vanilla foody scent. I feel like the fruit was lost on the way to my skin.

2012:

Source: Decant circle 2012 I've neglected.

Preconception: Pear and vanilla YUM

Imp: VERY Sweet! Pear syrup and vanilla. Good start.

Skin: Vanilla prominent. Pear takes a biiig back seat. So sad.

Drydown: Pear sweetens up, and this stays a very graceful pear and vanilla scent. It's very soft and faint, I wish it had just a bit more kick to it. But then that wouldn't be a haunted house, would it?

Verdict: This is fitting for the namesake, it hit the brief. Gentle and soft vanilla and pear. Stronger pear than the 2007 version, less smooth and warm as well. But still faint and gentle, not a juicy pear in your face scent on me.

Edited by Aveya

Had an imp of this and I finally have a bottle! 

So yummy. This is probably one of the lightest scents I have and it's a favourite. 

In bottle: Pear, super juicy pears in syrup. 

Wet on skin: Pear is still very prominent and the creamy vanilla immediately comes through, very sweet but not in an overly sugary way. 

Dry: It's a very lovely scent, It rounds out as this vanilla/cinnamon caramelized pear scent on me, which I really love

Edited by lipstickonmyteeth92

In the bottle and when freshly applied, I smell a fake banana-like scent, which, looking back at reviews, it looks like I'm not the only one who experienced this. But that does change to a candy-like pear on me that becomes a little less candy-like over time and is backed by a light, but somewhat buttery, vanilla.

I'm really glad that I got to try this one, but I'm not a huge fan of pear and know I wouldn't reach for it. The teapot on the label is too cute, though!