Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Amber Bottles vs Other Colors

Don't get me wrong .. I -love- the blue bottles .. and plan to increase my collection partially because they're just cool.

But .. much like the change to the new imps wasn't a concern to me .. I'm not -overly- concerned about getting a blue vs. an amber bottle. Actually, I think the amber bottle might be kinda nifty .. more like an olde-timey apothecary shop or something.

No worries, Beth! *hugs*

I have no concerns about the bottle colour, either, so long as they do block out some of the light.

If there are ever red bottles, though, *that* would really tickle my fancy!

-doreen

I like blue bottles, but if the amber ones blocks out the light, I don't really care any which way.

I just want bottles that block out light and don't leak, it doesn't matter about colour.

I saw green ones on a website that MissA posted and I thought they were cool.

i'm definitely ok with the amber bottles, in fact i hope my current outstanding orders have the amber bottles in them - they'll add a little something different to my bathroom :P

ambers great!!! I have even read somewhere that amber colored glass is better for keeping oils because they are on the red side of a light spectrum blablah etc... (I don't know ,just quoting :P )

:P

Did I say people could make bottles out of me?!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Though I did manage to resist for at least a day...?

:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Though I did manage to resist for at least a day...?

But you make such beautiful bottles.... :P

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Though I did manage to resist for at least a day...?

:D :D :evil:

That was just too funny, Amber! :D

I have no problem with the color of the bottles... afterall, like Andrabell said, it's what is inside that counts. :P

The bottles could be purple with green and orange polkadots... the vessel in which the precious is contained is not what's important... it's the precious inside that matters.

I can imagine it being very cool if there were different colors anyway--like maybe Limited Editions would be a different color just to make them even more, er, limited, or each category having its own color (blood red for Diabolous, maybe a mystical purple for the Tarots). Probably more fuss than Beth wants to bother about, but it sure would make organization easier for all the addicts... :P

I have no concerns about the bottle colour, either, so long as they do block out some of the light.

If there are ever red bottles, though, *that* would really tickle my fancy!

-doreen

Dammit, now I want red bottles. :P

oooooooohhhhhhh since we're asking for colours, I'd love Violet or Orchid Purple ones !!!

I don''t mind amber, as long as they keep my precious oils safe from the light and elements.

Just a quick FYI regarding amber bottles:

In chemical industry, EVERYTHING that is light sensitive is kept in amber glass bottles. That's all I have in my lab, no other colors. They will be perfectly suited to the work of keeping the precious safe!

True, ebony... plus, if you're looking at it from a more magickal standpoint, amber is sort of "neutral" in energy. Blue glass, red glass, green glass all impart some energy into the oil that changes it subtly.

I made a batch of love oil for some friends. Gave several it in red bottles and a few in ambers (as that's what I had left), and the red, after about a month, smelled WAY more potent, even when kept in the same conditions.

It's odd. But it happens. I've found that amber's a good "neutral" container.

Though, purple with orange polkadots would be killer :P

As long as my order arrives safe and sound, I don't care if the oils come in pink penis-shaped bottles. :D

Hmm....that would be kinda cute though, you think? :P

OMG that would be hysterical. But, I would hate to try to apply them! :P *ponders that and decides that it's too much like work to even think about*

:D :D :D

As long as my order arrives safe and sound, I don't care if the oils come in pink penis-shaped bottles.  :D

Hmm....that would be kinda cute though, you think?  :P

The only problem with those is that I'd feel compelled to display them somewhere - no cool darkness (well, unless they were on my work desk with the rest of the collection).

*giggle*

OOoh. I didn't realize penis-shaped bottles were an option!

Talk about looooving your favorite scent. :P

As far as bottle color, just like everyone else has said... as long as the gorgeous stuff in em is the same, it makes little difference to me :D

plus, if you're looking at it from a more magickal standpoint, amber is sort of "neutral" in energy.  Blue glass, red glass, green glass all impart some energy into the oil that changes it subtly. 

I've read in several books that amber (the semi-precious stone) was worn by old time magical practicioners of all sorts and used in many magical workings. It is a good, strong, steady, warm stone that has long been thought to increase the potence of the magic being practiced.

Here's what I've found via google:

Amber is probably the oldest substance used for adornment, ritual and magical purposes. From ancient times, it was prized as "solidified sunlight," and believed to possess many of the sun's life-giving properties. As the fabled "gold of the North," it was much sought-after by the Greeks and Romans. Scott Cunningham notes that "amber has been used for nearly every purpose in magic." It was often worn by shamans and witches, who believed that it could increase the power of their magic. To this day, it is widely used around the world to safeguard health.

Amber may also possess magical properties now unknown to us: many Atlantologists believed that the fabled "aurichalcum" of Atlantis was actually molten amber. Its intensely magnetic and electrical properties (the Greek word elektron means amber) may indicate that it holds properties yet to be discovered. Anyone interested in amber is well advised to read Dr. Patty C. Rice's Amber: The Golden Gem of the Ages for an exhaustive and fascinating study.

I don't know how much of this energy would be imparted to amber colored glass (as opposed to the stone itself), but I can certainly say that I wouldn't mind having bottles that could infuse my oils with these sorts of vibes.

Besides, these are new, amber colored, limited edition bottles!

As long as my order arrives safe and sound, I don't care if the oils come in pink penis-shaped bottles.  :D

Hmm....that would be kinda cute though, you think? :P

Can I put in a request for a few of those right now? I think they'd really perk up my oil cabinet, and mayhaps other things :D

And on a more serious note... I am a collector of all things Amber. So this is no issue for me. As long as the glass is dark, and protects the oils... I'm peachy. My bottle of 'Wilde' came in one, and I was actually EXCITED about it.

-Leslie

Edited by MissAnthropy

When I was first testing the waters with BPAL, I went to the review of BPAL on one of the websites that was listed and there were the amber bottles displayed. So purtyyy...I was slightly sad that the amber bottles weren't used. Hopefully, my Blue Moon and June Gloom bottles will be amber. Does anyone know why the amber ones aren't used anymore? Maybe because of leakage (the bottles had corks in the pics)?