Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bulgarian rose, tea rose, violet leaf, opium poppy, Bois de Jasmin, patchouli leaf, honey, blue lilac, balsam, woodruff, and lemon peel.

Wet: Rosy! But not really my kind of rose.

First on: Unchanged.

Dry: Still unchanged on drydown. I was hoping the other flowers would do something to the rose blend, but nope. Edited by Shollin

Oh, this is a nice rose! Reminds me of the rose gardens at home! Now this one isn't the sharp green fresh picked rose from Rose Red. Instead it is the scent of a whole bunch of roses in a beautiful garden. The rose isn't actually too overwhelming and this one will stay with me. Of course, I don't think the boy will like it...

roses, some jasmine, more rose. theres lemon in this? seriously? i don't get lemons. there's patchouli in this? can't pick it out. thankfully i amp roses. it's a very pretty rose scent and has a ton of notes giving it something complex that i can't describe.

This started out as a confident and heady mix of roses, but then it started changing into something much more interesting and complex! The opium poppy (which I love) started to come into play giving it a darker vibe along with the violet leaf and patchouli (yay). The lemon peel added a sharpness that changed this from the comfortable and reassuring feeling I get from most rose scents into a much more active and passionate scent. I'm glad I have enough to test it again because while I may not need a bottle of this, it is an exciting variation on rose that I want to play with more :)

Edit for my passionate and creative spelling...

Edited by rayvn1

This has a very dominant rose note in the beginning--I'm thinking a deep pink rose color--but as it dries down the other layers surface and give it more sweetness and depth. Not sure if this is a "me" rose blend, since I tend to like prefer rose either mixed with something foody or as a supporting note, I'll have to try my decant again and really explore the layers.

Edited by Invidiana

Upon initial application this is a soft, delicate bouquet of roses with just the slightest hints of violet, balsam and lemon. After it has a chance to drydown, the roses really bloom on my skin. They go from being soft and delicate to heady, lush and very velvety. The citrus note tapers off, while the honey and blue lilac come to the forefront. Patchouli leaf adds spice and earthiness. Overall a beautiful rose blend.

Edited by Schmoozy

Very rosy floral at first but it has dried down to a musky/spicy rose with hints of balsam. I'm really not into heavily rose scents, but this one is subtle and the bf thinks it's nice. I really like this one.

i was so nervous going into this one, because i'm not a huge fan of lemon, and as much as i adore jasmine, jasmine does not adore me. however, i love rose, and i can't help but want to try each and every bpal rose scent i come across. this one was no exception! huge thank yous to obsidienne for being such an incredibly generous swapper (&a pretty amazing e-friend).

oddly, my fears about specific notes in rose moon turned out to be unwarranted; this oil was largely sweet & powdery both in its wet stage and on drydown. the rose briefly bloomed somewhere in the middle there, but for the most part all i got was powder powder powder(!). it's a lovely oil, and i am SO glad i was given the chance to try it (miss m; ♥), but i have so many other rose oils that are more complex and, i think, work much better on me. so! i think it will be off to swaps with this little darling . . .

Rose Moon

On. Lots of roses. Sort of green and sort of perfumey.

1 hour in: Wow. Very strong, woody roses.

3 hours in: Dusty rose perfume.

5 hours in: Still all rose.

Overall: For the most part, I love BPAL roses, especially the wet, green ones (Rose Red, especially). This is more of your prototypical rose perfume on me. I don't get any of the other notes at all. This isn't a bad thing, since I do adore rose, but I already have other rose blends that I like better for myself.

since this bottle is moving on to a better home, i thought i'd post my notes:

now, i love rose scents. the more plasticky-fake, the better.

this is powdery rose. not dusting-powder, not quite, but... powdery rose.

may as well be called Powder Moon. nice, but not for me. kinda reminds me of the smell of old-school (unused! clean, fresh from the pakkitch) diapers.

... and i can't do anything even remotely baby powder scented.

In the Bottle (ITB):Tea rose is rather strong on fist sniff, followed by lemon peel and honey. It's sweet but skews a little older for me.

Wet: It's still heavy tea rose, lemon peel sweetened with honey, but now I can pick up a very distant violet leaf.

Dry: Even in its dry phase, this scent reminds me of a proper high tea with centerpieces of tea rose, white lace gloves, dark teas, and powder.

Edited by mymymai

2007 bottle newly purchased from BPAL on etsy.

In the bottle: Rose, violet, patchouli. Very sweet.

On me, wet: Even sweeter on me. Rose, mixed florals, a note of green (the woodruff and leaves?), a whisper of lemon. The rose is more understated here than in most rose blends, blended in, a face in the crowd.

At 5 minutes: The rose, lemon, and patchouli have come out more strongly, but this is still a light scent (in terms of strength and throw.) In character, it is darker than most floral perfumes, perhaps due to the patchouli. That is the longing in this, I think.

At 10 minutes: I'm still getting those three notes, but now also a little jasmine and some woodiness.

At 20 minutes: The scent is no longer sweet. Odd, given the honey and all those florals. Rose is the front runner, but the other florals and the lemon are running closely behind. The rose is more assertive in the throw.

At 30 minutes: None of the notes are particularly strong, and this has been the case all along. Except for the rose, I have to work to pick them out. And the rose is only slightly more distinct. Even the notes that tend to be aggressive, such as patchouli and jasmine, are low-key in this oil.

At 45 minutes: I'm picking up on the green note and the lemon, supporting the rose. This is a very consistent scent so far. Except for losing the sweetness, it has changed very little. All the different notes I've mentioned are just me noticing different things at different times.

At 1 hour: Soft rose. You can tell there are other things in there, but I cannot identify anything specifically at this stage.

At 2 hours: Patchouli and wood have overtaken the rose, but rose is still a contender.

At 3 hours: Baby powder, as many BPAL oils go on my skin at final drydown, including rose notes. This is an observation, not a complaint, as it is quite pleasant.

Verdict: This would be a great rose blend for wearing to work, because it is complex and sophisticated, and not so girly or strong or sweet or "dressy" as many rosy perfumes are.

5 out of 6 stars

Edited by Ghost of a Rose