Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heretic

Hunger Moon

... Ozone, white sandalwood, crystallized white amber, verbena, oakmoss, clary sage, and a hint of white citrus rind.

I didn't look up the notes before I tried this. On my skin it smelled so creamy and sweet that I could swear there was a strong vanilla or sweet note in there. It smells so good. Like vanilla woods with a hint of citrus. The citrus is bright but not very powerful. It's a nice balance to the deeper notes. I love the sweet earthiness. It's addictive. I keep smelling my arm over and over.

When I did look up the notes I was surprised to see that ozone was listed because I don't smell anything sharp like that. There's a light, lifted quality in this that's beautiful, so maybe that's the ozone coming through. It seems more noticeable as it dries. Slightly more perfumey at this point.

This stays fairly consistent as it fades without a lot of morphing. And it lasted a good amount of time too. I'll bust this out more in the summer time b/c the brightness in this just seems perfect for sunny weather.

Oh my, this smells heavenly! I was frimped Hunger Moon in a recent swap and lands sakes I wanted to douse myself in it! Most BPAL citrus comes off as overly sweet to me, but the white citrus rind in this is freaking amazing. Pair it with the verbena, sage and oakmoss and I get a lovely herbal scent entwined with it. Ozone is my favorite note, and I can smell it distinctly yet soft in the background, lending it's trademark 'crispness' to the blend. This scent reminds me of going into an antique store, scent memory of old wood and potpourri burning in the background.

On my skin it dries to an amber/citrus with herbal undertones, and I just can't stop sniffing it because it's an amazing scent. Beautifully blended, good throw, and so far so good on the staying power.

I'd give this a 4.5/5, a nice scent for late fall or the gradual thaw after a long winter.

In the bottle: Sweet lemon and woods (pine almost), with underlying spice and herbs.

Wet: Warmer. I think the amber is giving it that sweetness and also some of the warmth. The sandalwood in this is really lovely, and the verbena isn't as overwhelming as it is in some blends, though my skin is still amping it. I can smell the citrus rind as well; two citruses are definitely present. Oakmoss and sage love my skin, and are providing delicious herbal depth.

Dry: Amber and sandalwood reign, with a touch of citrus, and it's wonderfully well balanced. The oakmoss and sage hid for a while but have come back, I think because the citrus faded a bit to expose them.

Too dry for me, but a lovely blend.

Got this as a frimp when I bought some things off a forum member

Imp: ozone and the citrus at first hit

Wet on me: now the citrus and the amber and sandalwood

Drying Down: the citrus is cooled by the sandalwood/amber blend. The ozone still creeps in the background. I think the wood scent I’m getting could be from the oakmoss but I’m not sure

Dry: Oh this is a beauteous blend. Some tart some sweet some soft some wood. This is like a dream to my nose. I ADORE this….must find more!

Oh! Now this one I like. In the bottle, Hunger Moon is sharp and clear with a minty-orange sort of tone that leaves the taste of peppermint leaves in your mouth. Very refreshing. Applied near the inside of my elbow, the amber, citrus rind and verbena come to the surface and smooth out the sharp ozone and sage notes; I'm not getting the sandalwood or oakmoss distinctly right now but there's a dusty flavor to this that I think is the oakmoss muddying the verbena a little. On the dry-down, there's a rich citrus-y shadow across my skin. Also, very short lived but soft and sweet and delightful.

Wet: hmmm..citrusy; kind of like kitchen cleaner, but a bit softer; maybe like a kitchen airfreshener from a high end boutique?

This is a soft citrus blend along the lines of an LE Dracul with a hint of Snow White's soft powderiness. I'm a lover of both sandalwood and lime notes and this has both in equal measure so...I really like this blend a lot and will probably hunt down some more!

I am really surprised that this scent doesn't get much love. On me, it starts off with clean sweet lemon ozone. Very bright. Very spa-like. The white sandalwood/lemon combo reminds me a bit of scales of deprivation, but this is clean & breezy. After it dries it gets a little more... serious. It never really darkens, it just looses it's bubbly spa-ness. This is such a lovely warm weather scent.

I could never figure out why people didn't sing its praises. Now I know - it's a secret :shhh: . If too many praise it, we may have a riot on our hands :lol:

Edited by surlygurl

I was very excited to try this, as it has long been on my wishlist. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me:

Bottle: Sweet citrus with a hint of musk. Yum!

Wet: This reminds me of sugared grapefruit. Light and sweet - delightful!

Drydown: Dirty mop water with Lemon Pledge - where did this come from? Heartbreaking and disgusting at the same time.

Dry: Lemon pledge crossed with grungy lemonheads.

Overall: Skin chemistry fail. Lovely in the bottle. :(

In the Bottle: lemony and very sweet

Wet: ? didn't quite catch what this smells like wet, but I'm not putting it on again to find out.

Dry: a over ripe lemon-pineapple? fruity, very sweet a hint of tart, weird not yummy, I'm more nauseous than hungry

Note: it lasted (despite various attempts at scrubbing) for quite some time

This is very fresh on me in the begining, almost all of it ozone and oakmoss. And then verbena comes out, amber too.

The picture I have in mind is early morning in the snowy forest, and then the winter sun comes up. But this is not what I would wear as a perfume, but it works fine as a room scent.

Bottle: Ah, that lovely warmth that is amber, only slightly lighter than normal! Hint of ozone, and something vaguely citrusy.

Wet: Whoa, the sage jumps to the forefront. Slight hint of the amber against the almost minty sage, with almost a translucent layer of that slight citrus. Wonderfully subtle nommy throw.

Drydown: Huh. This is reminding me of many, many of the Yule blends using snow and pine notes, only it's a great deal warmer with that slight citrus note. I'm guessing the sage and oakmoss are somehow tricking my nose.

Dry: A low-key warmth.

My rating: 3/5

Citrus and wood with just a hint of musk, both sweet and dry at the same time - almost spicy. And quite a throw, too! So glad I snagged a bottle from the Lab via ebay.

:wub2:

I loved this scent but found I never wore it so I ended up swapping it away. Not sure why I always skipped over it in my box- maybe something subliminal? Anyhow, this was a real "vampirish" scent, dangerous and dark and brooding. Maybe I'll track down another one someday to try it again.

Oh, I am sad. It starts off sharp and distinctive, ozone and sage and citrus, but after two hours this smells on me the way my skin would smell after I've used a citrus-y fresh soap, rinsed well, and patted dry. There's an undertone of the....floofiness, for lack of a better word, of air freshener to it.

Every now and again the ozone cuts in fierce and sharp, briefly elevating it from soap to perfume smell. I really wish this had worked.