Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Gluttony

Thick, sugared and bloated with sweetness. Dark chocolate, vanilla, buttercream, and hops with pralines, hazelnut, toffee and caramel.

When I opened my BPAL package, with nine 5mL bottles and 18 frimps in it.. I smelled delicious chocolate. I sat down to sniff all my little frimp beauties.. wondering when I'd discover the source. I love smelling sweet foody smells, but for some reason I generally don't think a grown person (or me at least) should smell like that, unless they work in a sweet shop :D

In the Imp: :P Holy smokes! I can pretty much discern every note listed in the description, and it is AMAZING. If it reminds me of one food in particular, it's these chocolate drizzled cinnamon sugar-candied pralines I make around Christmas.

Wet: More of the same, but the chocolate, cinnamon and liqueur aspects are amping. It's kinda burning the roof of my mouth when I sniff it haha

Drydown: This fades sooo quick. It turns into spicy hazelnut dirt (as someone above said) and is actually quite nasty on my skin within about 30 min.

Overall: For me this did NOT retain it's complexity on my skin.. and it just completely vanished. I might actually buy a 5 mL bottle to keep and sniff, or try as a room scent, because it is sooo yummy wet. This is something I NEVER would have ordered for myself.. if I hadn't received it as a frimp I would have been spared the heartache! Edited by MCS4096

OH MY GOSH. I could smell this from outside of the baggie and there were even 3 other imps in there with it. My nose IMMEDIATELY wanted me to sniff some more. My bf smelled it and was like O__O..that's the best one yet...he said. All I smell is dark chocolate, caramel and mmmmm it smells like brownies or a chocolate cake! I love it in the imp and on my skin! I want a bottle O__o

gluttony

this is very aptly named.

it smells like being surrounded by fresh baked cookies, creme filled donuts, rum soaked fruit cakes, perfectly toasted smores, cakes & pies hot out of the oven, and all washed down with a nice steaming cup of the richest hot chocolate EVAR. with marshmallows.

i'm not into "food" scents* but even so i can tell what awesome mix this is. just pure straight out NOM NOM NOM desserts.

so, not for me, but if you like sweet foody smells - grab it post haste!

PS it lasts a LOOOOOOOOng time, even after you've washed it off.

Edited by butcherbaby

this is a heady, chocolate hazelnut explosion...dizzying. i LOVE it. i need a big bottle, before i go insane. i can smeel it an hour after drydown, through my clothes. it's fantastic with my chemistry.

in the imp and first applied to my skin i love this. it is sweet decadent buttery chocolaty goodness! after a few minutes however, my skin rejects it and all i get is a curdled milk and coconut? scent. ugh. stupid body chemistry!!

I've had this imp in one of my first orders from bpal, I was trying to fing out what kind of scents do I like. this was my choice of the "food" one, I thought that chocolate scent can't be that bad, boy was I wrong.

chocolate and vanilla ok, the rest of it, yuck!!! buttercream is the worse one, I got really sick from this scent.

swapped it.

On me this is a cocoa (not milk chocolate, but rich dark cocoa without the bitterness) and creamy vanilla with a hint of caramel and spice.

Love Love Love this one. Not too sweet, not too bitter, just perfect. :P

Gluttony. I love foody scents when they are blended with something else non-foody, like Glowing Vulva, Inez (sometimes). I generally don't like straight up foody. This is of the first category, foody with something else, though everything listed in the notes are all foody except for the hops. I'm guessing this is giving it the perfumey note to this one. Although I should like this, I don't. The non-foody component is just too perfumey to me, or maybe it's the nuts. Inez does this to me sometimes, I love her sometimes, not others. It's that "yuck" note, that I can't really figure out what it is, that is present in gluttony as well. It also morphs even sweeter, which is not a good thing. Oh well, glad I've been able to try this imp anyways.

In the imp: Dirty water and nut shells. Ugh.

On me: Cocoa, salt and a rather unpleasant sandalwood-like sharpness that I guess is the butter note. Damn it. The same thing happened with Drink Me too (another scent I was dying to love), which is a real shame. I'll see how this mellows out.

Dry: Exactly the same as on wet. Boo. I'll give this an hour, I think.

An hour or so later: Hm. It's calmed down a little, and I'm getting the slightest bit of butter, which is encouraging. I can smell chocolate- but it's not sweet at all, and I'm still getting that sandalwood hit. Only getting the teeniest hint of hazelnut. Bummer.

HOWEVER.

On my brother (and BPAL guinea pig) : Oh my -God-, caramel, chocolate, hazelnuts. Everything listed in the description is there and absolutely delicious. I am so -jealous- of his skin chemistry.

I got really excited about my frimp of this back when I got my first order (thank you, Lab!). It smells delicious in the imp (chocolate, buttery toffee and caramel and nuts and maybe coffee) but as soon as it touches my skin it starts burning, turning bitter and ashy yet still retaining enough sugar to induce a coma. >_> It was too much and I started getting very sick, which actually fits the concept perfectly. Heh. ;) Something for everyone to experience, I guess, but not one that everyone will love.

I was sooooo happy to receive my order the other day, and out of all of the imps I've been sniffing over the past day, this was the one I decided to dab all over me today. Unfortunately, this is a case of great in the bottle, but just doesn't work with my skin.

In the bottle: first sniff, WOW, buttery kettle corn, overwhemingly so, but then I smell the other notes...so buttery, caramelly mocha? Great!

On my skin wet: still sweet, but turning soapy, and distinctly...lavender??? I was not expecting this at all, and it's not a good surprise. I'm not gonna run screaming to the shower, but all I can think of is lavender soap right now.

After an hour: okay, I occasionally get a whiff of buttery goodness, but that is faint. This has morphed from a soapy floral on me, to what I can only describe as a Christmas-sy scent. Very green, somewhat piney, and slightly spicy.

Gluttony is definitely not what I expected, and I may swap it, but it still smells awesome in the vial. Too bad it just doesn't work well with my skin.

Nom nom nom. *eats arm* I feel a bit bloated just smelling this, but it is GOOD! On the skin this is cinnamon dusted, sugary, fried dough. Yup, an assortment of fresh doughnuts! Chocolate ones, cinnamon, maple bars, oh my! My boyfriend loves this one as much as I do, too. Pretty straightforward but effective! A foodie lovers dream come true! :wub2:

Bottle, please!

Edited by TheOneTheyCallLuna

Awwwww yeah.

This scent is chocolatey caramel vanilla toffee sugar yum yums. I am sure it is why I craved chocolate all day yesterday, bought a bunch from Purdy's, then ate myself sick on it. It's warm, dark and extremely rich foody gorgeousness. It's not simple, however, thanks to all of the different notes, but the overall effect inspires gluttony! On chocolate and almond crunch. :)

Holy crap, this is appropriately named. The foodiest scent I've ever tried to date. I got this as a frimp. Now, I really love cocoa and chocolate notes when they're blended with some non-edible elements (Tezcatlipoca and Boomslang, I'm looking at you) but didn't think I'd want to smell like a straight-up cookie/candy/cake. Well the lab sent me this as a frimp (they sent me three foody frimps at once, hehe) so I went ahead and tried it. It smells overwhelming in the imp. I almost feel bloated just for having smelled it. The dark chocolate is prominent at the outset but the other sugary notes clamor to the top, and while there are still chocolate covered caramels here there's a TON of butterscotch and sticky toffee, vanilla flavoring, rich buttercream. The scent description is true, and this is NOT a morpher on me, it stays the same from start to finish, and it is long lasting and quite powerful. I still feel strangely drawn to my imp... probably more because it smells edible, not because I actually want to smell like this. :P It actually makes me feel LESS hungry rather than inspire cravings... perhaps I'll keep it around just to fend off urges for late night sugary snacks, perhaps I'll swap this along to a foodie lover. No point in wearing this, because then everywhere I go people will ask me to share my candy stash!

this scent is totally gluttony...

wet: heavy & sweet...chocolate, buttercream...i can smell it all in there

on me: i wore this & loved it while i had it on - it dried to this heavily sweet, spicy scent that kind of bites your nose when you sniff it...by the end of the day though, i had a headache & actually felt sick to my stomach! i had to take a shower to get it off, & even there i still could smell a little residue.

heabreaking! i wanted to be able to wear this one, so badly! i guess it's just a sniffy for me though = (

In the bottle it smelled like cinnamon, fresh on the skin it smelled like hazelnut, and after a few hours a faint chocolate smell came through but it was still very spicy.

It wasn't a sweet scent. It smelled very woody/nutty/spicy to me. I didn't smell any buttercream or vanilla. The scent stays on the skin for several hours (9 hours after i applied it, a woman sitting next to me in class said she smelled pancake syrup/breakfast foods when she smelled my wrist).

In the bottle I notice mostly the toffee and pralines and hops and no suggestion of coffee, but on my skin it's a pretty straight cinnamon latte, every single time. It's barely sweet at all - I keep picturing stirring a tiny slosh of cream into black coffee with a cinnamon stick. I thought my skin was just ignoring chocolate notes again, but in my clocket it's close to a regular latte with a lot more cinnamon and a little dirt, like there's a dusty cinnamon broom nearby... I like it, it's just puzzling. The suggestion of coffee makes it nice for days when I'm trying just about anything to stay awake.

In the imp Gluttony is sweet and buttery. As soon as it hits my skin, though, all I smell is a super sweet, foody candle. I can pick out pralines, buttercream, a spice (maybe cinnamon?) and brown sugar, but no chocolate. The "whoa candle" aspect does mellow a bit after about a half hour or so, but I can't get the candle association out of my head. Sure, I'd like this scent if it were indeed coming from a candle and not my wrist, but it IS coming from my wrist. I'm a little sad to say it because I wanted to like the scent, but this one imp will be enough.

When I first saw Gluttony on BPAL, I knew it had to be my first purchase. It sounded too good to be true!

First sniff: Wow, now I really know what you guys were talking about when you said it was buttery. It was very strong and I couldn't smell anything else but butter.

Wearing: Still buttery, but I could smell everything else now, cinnamon, hazelnut, sugar. It smelled very sweet and all I could think was "Omg this stuff is amazing." It doesn't exactly smell like food to me, but more like an artificial food taste. It smells a lot like a sugar cookie candle. My boyfriend said it smelled spicy to him.

Later: This lasted about 6-7 hours on me. I can still smell it faintly, but it's not nearly as strong.

I would wear this everyday only because I love sweets and consume them constantly, but this would probably be too much for others.

This is a fancy, elegant ladies perfume. Not that sweet, actually, but definitely candied and very dark. It smells a little plastic on me and is a bit too womanly for me, but it is nice. off to swaps.

I got this as a lab frimp a while ago, but it's been sitting in my box for a few weeks. It smells like an 800 calorie sweet chocolatey coffee in the imp, but on my skin? Ew, no. It's not precisely *sour*, as sugar notes are wont to turn on my skin, but it's ... hm. Burnt? In fact, this is exactly what Dark Chocolate & Pepper Smoked Caramel does on my skin after a few minutes. I had blamed the pepper, due to the smoky/ashy smell it picks up after a few minutes, but now I wonder if it was the *caramel* - a previously unrealized death note.

My dislike for intensly foody scents goes way back to the beginning of my BPAL addiction when I was frimped some of this. While that was very kind it is not for me. Nutty caramel and SWEET SWEET SWEET, so sweet it makes me very sick. Now the lab has "blessed" me with a frimp of this again in my most recent order and my dislike is still as strong. May someone else get happy with this :)

I got this as a frimp from the lab (thanks, guys! i really appreciate it!) and it isn't something that I would even consider getting in the first place. I like being surprised though, and I was indeed rather surprised by how much I absolutely loathe foodie scents. This blossomed into an olfactory nightmare on my skin and I literally gagged, which was something that never really happened to me before. It's my skin chemistry, really, not the oil blend, that's at fault here. Now, all I need to do is to find someone who is willing to take this baby off my hands because looking at it just gives me bad feelings. :(

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Very sweet and foody with bitter herbal hops behind. Caramel, buttercream, and toffee primarily. I don't get any chocolate. Extremely sickeningly rich.

Wet: Spicier, nuttier. Hazelnut for sure, cinnamon and ginger buttery sweets - reminds me of the 'base' of Gingerbread Poppet. The hops is MUCH nicer on my skin, fresh and tangy not bitter, and it helps cut the richness.

Dry: Much less sweet. Spicy-hot, nutty butter with burnt sugar caramel and herbal hops. Strange and unpleasant. Very strong throw, and impossible to wash off.

Ah! Infuriating!

There's definitely something that I amp in both this and Gingerbread Poppet. This smells identical to me. =( Not in a good way. It's a weird, dry, undelicious, scent. Fie thee, mystery component!!