Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Safari

A travel blend. Calms nerves, alleviates tension, soothes jetlag.

In bottle: Smells like almost pure lavender.

On me: Lots of lavender, but I'm getting something else behind it. Some aquatics? Smells like a good sleep blend, but not something I would probably want to wear.

A lovely herby, woody lavender - definitely the dried stems & leaves, not just the flowers. I agree that there's something else lurking in here - something more flowery, but still herbal, and a deeper, earthier note, quite possibly a tiny dab of patchouli. A very personal, restorative scent - it lingers on my pillowcase and makes waking up that much nicer... Looking forward to trying it when my inevitable winter sinus headaches kick in, and during the whirlwind 10-day holiday trip home. I may try a few drops in the humidifier bowl in the nursery, as well - if it can ease all the teething wake-ups we've been having this week, I'll buy a gallon jug!

Lavender, pure and clean. (It's interesting how many of the Panacea blends have lavender. Hm.) It's not too strong, just a gentle blend, and definitely meant to soothe. After a while, there's a hint of earthiness that I really like.

Lavender that's not sharp and herby, it's smooth. It's on the verge of going powdery but it doesn't get there.

I've been testing some of the Somnium blends recently, and I like Safari better than any of those I've tried. It smells soft and soothing.

This is lavender, but I also get some lemon? Chamomile? There's definitely something else behind it. It's not a sharp lavender to me -- whatever else is blended with it softens it, and it's very lovely. This will certainly be coming with me on my upcoming trip. I don't regret this purchase at all, and thanks to Midnight Aeval for decanting me some to try!!

imp: lavender, pure and simple and strong.

wet: a very smooth lavender. i don't know if there is any other scent in this oil, i certainly don't get a hint of anything else.

dry: fades to soft lavender and then disappears completely. i might actually use this one while traveling as i have difficulty sleeping in strange beds.

Potent herby lavender! More herbal and less "perfumy" than most lavender perfumes I've smelled.

It stays true and lasts well on me.

This lavender isn't that sharp - but more herby? I swear I smelled some lime/lemon and perhaps chamomile? I only used it on a 2 hour flight and those aren't so bad. But I did want to try it out. It was pleasant and definitely more pleasant that anything else in that airport.

In any case, will be dabbing it on the travel pillow for the long flight to Peru and back!

Fresh, pure lavender to my nose.

I didn't use it for travel or jet lag, but I think it had some soothing/centering qualities when I used it before bed.

:P

There is lavender in this but I am so bad at identifying notes, I cannot tell you what else. I do know that it WORKS. I huffed this all the way to the Bahamas and back on a tiny prop plane and did not have a panic attack. Now that's a miracle!

I'm not an anxious traveler. That said, I tend to get nauseous during landing (motion sickness) and I can't sleep on a plane to save my life. Safari=no nausea and two very nice naps on my last trip. I wish I'd had this around in the summer when, for some completely unknown reason, I started getting motion sickness on the bus every day.

The fragrance on me is the loveliest lavender ever, without much else. The throw is pretty minimal. I really like that it's something fairly unlikely to offend my neighbor on the plane.

I got straight up lavender + patchouli, which makes a lot of sense symbolically. Air + earth. Get you there and back again. Keeping you alert but relaxed and grounded.

I love lavender and all, and I travel enough that I really want a scent just for those times, but sadly my nose just can't abide patchouli. I keep trying, but I can smell even the smallest amounts of it from a mile away and it just stands out to me. I would be way too self-conscious wearing this in an airport. All I could do is think "patchouli. patchouli. I smell like patchouli. does anyone else smell it? are they trying to avoid the girl over there who smells dirty? patchouli."

So I'll have to stick to my lavender + cinnamon Mercury for traveling.

I get lots of lavender with this too, but I have to attest to it's effectiveness. My husband is extremely afraid of flying. Almost to a phobic point. I, on the other hand, love to travel. Since my husband is the bestest husband ever, he continues to put himself on planes for me. The problem comes in that we haven't been able to find anything to soothe him aside from his script for Ativan. So on our last big trip, I got some Safari to try. Well, it worked. We applied it to him before setting off and he was calmer than I had ever seen him travel. He didn't like being in the air, but at least the panic was gone. It seemed to help with my jetlag too, leaving me alert when we landed.

I will also mention that I used this on my brother-in-law the day of his wedding and it seemed to calm him the eff down pretty well too.

Lavender, lavender. I use this when I travel--especially flying. I don't know if it's the Safari or the power of suggestion, but I do think it helps calm my nerves (I'm a terribly nervous traveler).

Elixir: VII Safari starts off as an herbal lavender scent with some patchouli in the background that ends up gaining strength and becoming the dominant note by the end of the day. I think there might be a little citrus with the lavender in the beginning, but it doesn't stick around on me.

I enjoy the wet phase of this scent and find it to be relaxing, but the patchouli ends up being too much for me after a few hours, alas.