Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
harlequin

Chaos Theory II : The Butterfly Effect

Each bottle of Chaos Theory is truly unique, a fragrant fractal, and exercise in the joy of chance and uncertainty! Each is a one-of-a-kind, utterly random combination of scents, the composition of which is based on whim, mood and gut instinct.

It's awesome how the Chaos works! :D

I ordered a couple of bottles, just in case. I was afraid of something with anise, almonds or a lot of fruits (mango, coconut... tropical fruits) and sweet things. I was really afraid. :D
But then the Chaos gifted me with a couple of the most amazing and perfect blends I could ever imagine!

Chaos Theory2 DCLVI:

I overlooked Bordello the first time I tried it, but I've bought a couple of purple tops and I was thinking about a scent that could match them... so I started to retry the imps of scents containing wine notes: Bordello, Lady MacBeth and Lilith. I was trying to decide which one was worth a big bottle.
And then the Chaos did it's work.

This Chaos Theory is a perfect blend of wine, fruits (red currant) and all things nice in the three imps I was retrying! It's my three-on-one perfect red and purple scent. It has the fruity touch of Bordello, the true wine scent of Lady MacBeth and the dark feeling in the dry down of Lilith! :P

And then, when I thought that the second bottle had to be an "going right to the swap pile" one (just to keep the Chaos balanced)...

Chaos Theory2 DCLXXIX:

I just can't put down in words how lovely and perfect and ME this scent is.

When I was reading the reviews of Noir and Formula 54 I couldn't avoid to want them. Outside, somewhere, there was an elegant, sexy, feminine and classy but still dark perfume that was out of my reach... but sometimes a girl's dreams come true! My Chaos Theory is everything that the reviews of those wonderful oils evoke.

I can't pick any single note out of this one, except the feeling that I has some cognac on it. It's just too beautiful. It leaves me speachless.

:D Edited by Shollin

Since there are a lot of these that need to be reviewed quickly, these are going to be short little bits, and I'll put them all in one post. This is just so awesome, all these scents floating around.

CXCIII: This smells like it has amber, and possibly pennyroyal in it. It goes on and I immediately smell some more pennyroyal (that mint isn't quite the same as actual mint).This dried down with that possible amber, and then disappeared really quickly (maybe three hours). magikfanfic's review

CCXX: This one smells aquatic and a touch sweet at the same time. As soon as I swipe it on, I get senses of aquatic florals. Yes, I do believe this would have aquatic florals in it. I'm getting a much sweeter scent out of this after a few hours of drying down. At around 7-8 hours, this has just gone all sweet, and I really like it. magikfanfic's review

CCLXVIII: I get a rather sweet watery mint scent out of this. It goes on quite minty, and there is something else playing around the edges, sweet, and one other thing. It fades to a soft mint scent with the sweet water running in and out and around it.

CDXVI: This smells pretty aquatic, and somewhat floral. It goes on with that aquatic flower scent. I'm pretty sure it has flowers, although I don't know which ones. DameBecca's review

CXX: Hmm, I'm not to sure what is in this one. It seems a touch sweet, and a little boozy almost, but not like booze, if that makes any sense. There's flowers in here. roesmoker's review

LXXVII: This smells like sweet spiced wood. I'm loving this one, it's really pretty.

CCCLXXX: This smells breezy and green. Not pine green, but forest green. It doesn't really change on me, just fades slowly through the day.

VIII: It's got mint, and I can't tell what else. Not because I can't smell it, but because I can't identify it. I'm thinking this smells like minty wood. laochodia's review

CCCXXVII: Well, I think I *might* smell a hint of a very light musk. I'm not sure what else there is in it though. Hmm, sweet, a touch musk, and something else. I'm pretty sure there is musk in it as it dries down. elphaba's review

CCXXIV: Fresh, breezy, a touch herby. This stays pretty true all the way through drydown.

CXCIII: Minty, and I'm not sure what else. It seems to stay pretty similar throughout.

L: This is fresh and herby, and there's something else I can't quite figure out in it. A bit of sweet has appeared to take it's place among the smellyness. shelldoo's review

CCCXCV: Fresh cut greens and some breeze. This one disappeared within an hour. quikslvr's review

CX: Wow, this confuses my nose. There's something very familiar about it, but I can't figure out what it is. As this dries, I still can't pick anything out, but I like it. Imbrium's review

CCLIII: This is smooth and sweet. It's not so sweet, but that sweet tone is there. Almost some woody notes in this one as it dries down. sarada's review

DXLVIII: HELLO Lavender! cuervosueno's review

CCCXVII: Mmmm mint. Dries down with something rather woodlike. Imbrium's review

LXXXIX: Smells pretty and smooth. Nothing jumps out at me that I can identify. A little sweet going on.

XXXVIII: My nose is confused. I can't think of any way to describe it, or any note in it. inkstone's review

LXIV: Sultry. No notes I can name though. My nose so sucks at this. blood*rose*flowers' review

LXXXIV: This smells a touch flowery to me. Well, maybe it's not too flowery. helarctos' review

CCXCIX: A hint of mint, something else playing around the edges. wickedgoddess' review

CLVI: Smells herby, and fresh. Hmm, flowers. Gin's review

CCLXIV: Maybe some musk. Hmm, a soft powder, I'm thinking amber.

XXXVI: Smells flowery, and possibly a hint of citrus. darkling's review

CCVII: Pretty smooth, and something that is a little 'off' on my skin. Not sure what all is here, but it's nice enough.

D: Lavender all the way. In most cases lavender takes over a scent, so I'm guessing there's other stuff, but my nose can't pick it out.

CCLIX: Sweet and tart. Mellows into an almost floral scent.

CCXCVIII: Smooth, possibly boozy, and a hint sweet. Fades fairly fast on me.

CCCXC: Quite sweet, a little bit foody. Stays pretty sweet and foody all the way through drydown.

CCCIV: Woodsy and a little sweet. Woodsy sweet incense. cranberry's review

XXXVI: Really sweet, some spice to it, a mild one. Seems to fade quite fast on me.

XXV: Sweet and juicy. Stays juicy and not as sweet drying down. cranberry's review

CVIII: Hmm, quite herbalish, almost medicinal smelling. It calms down into a herbal scent that is quite lovely.

DCLI: Super sweet smelling, other stuff peeking out ehre and there, but not so I can identify them. It mellows down to a beautiful sweet fruity scent.

VII: This smells watery to me. Very fresh and pure. When I put it on, my skin immediately starts to turn it to soap, so it must have flowers in it. lavinia's review

CCCXCIX (399)

Origin: Received from Gin in a swap for my CT128.

It's funny, because when I read Gin and queenb's reviews I am confused - I don't get any fruit or butter or mint - maybe cinnamon in the beginning, but as soon as it dries I get a gorgeous sweet, vanilla powdery musk yumminess - like Van Van or the very last dry-down of Shub-Niggurath. LOVE IT! Now I have the rest of the bottle - yay! :P

Previously reviewed by queenb and Gin

ETA 11/05: I realized what this CT reminds me of - Black Forest! On me the main note of this blend smells exactly like the dry-down of Black Forest. No wonder I love it so much!

Edited by roesmoker

I'm testing two of quimerula's oils - her reviews are here

DCLVI - starts out with notes similar to the brighter Stations of the Sun or Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo - bright, strong, warm red gold. I'm getting a bright spicy floral.

I'm thinking that this may have heliotrope or lotus in it - a sweet, bright floral...

DCLXXIX - wet it's sweet, strong and spicy

funnily enough, this dries down on me to a very similar 'feel' to Geek's dry-down on me: spicy, bright, and citrusy. This could well have something boozy in it, but I can't identify the alcoholic notes...

Chaos Theory II - DCXIV (614)

In the bottle - Cherry, very strong cherry.

Wet on the skin - Cherry flavoured bubble gum and this blend has quite a throw (a fellow three cubicles over is asking where the cherry smell is coming from. :P must remember not to test perfume in work) .

Dry - Still cherry bubble gum but with something creamy making an appearance now and then.

Five hours later - I can still smell cherry bubble gum but it's much softer and creamy now.

This blend has definite lasting power, I could still smell it eight hours after I applied it. Unfortunately it's not a scent I would wear often if at all. I think it would be a great blend for a much younger woman or a least someone much younger at heart :D . It's rather innocent and carefree and just not my cup of tea. Oh well off to the swap pile.

CDXXXVIII

In the bottle this was sweet caramelly peach. Wet on me it was very faint peach, as it dried it became a stronger peach, flanked by white musk, in fact it became very similar to Fae on me. About 2 hours after application the peach and white musk had faded and the blend had become predominantly lotus.

CDXCIV

In the bottle this is peppery green lavender. Wet on me it smells true to the scent in the bottle. After 15 minutes the lavender has become softer and less peppery. When it's been on for an hour it has become sweeter and juicier, heather has become evident in the background, but the main focus of the blend is still the lavender.

Chaos Theory II - DCLXVII (667, the scent across the road from the Beast)

In the bottle, it's richly sweet. It reminds me of the dry-down of Pink Moon. On my skin, oh me oh my, it is Pink Moon, but fuller, richer, deeper. I love Pink Moon, it's become my homely comfort scent, and this Chaos is Pink Moon New and Improved. Yum.

Chaos Theory II - DCXLIV (644)

In the bottle, this is very sweet pink. Wet, it's bubblegum. The dry down goes through three distinct stages, morphing from sweet fruity bubblegum, through to grapefruit, then citrus, lemon I think although it doesn't go fabric softener on me so I think it's lemon verbena. Very nice but not very me.

Edited by Nisaba

From the CT2 Circular Swap:

VIII - Faintly minty...an aquatic mint, I'd say.

XXV - One of those fruity lotus smells...almost like an artificial candy

banana scent at first.

XXXVIII - Very fresh-smelling, clean, herbal-ozone-white floral. A

floral rainy scent but the flowers replace the ozone quickly...very

nice.

L- Something very pungent that does not agree with me, almost

chemical-like (turpentine?). Eucalyptus maybe, and some sort of heavy

thick boozy turpentine. Didn't test it on my skin, just sniffed.

LXXVIII - I actually get almost no impression from this at first. A

distant whiff of spicy herbs but almost too faint to tell. Something

like cinnamon comes out a little later and gets stronger with time, I

like it more and more as I wear it. yeahbutnobut's review

CXX - A fresh, crisp wine scent -- not a boozy wine, but sort of light

and fruity. Almost identical to my own #CXXI but lighter and less

fruity.

CXCIII - This smells like sweet mint tea. With fresh sprigs of mint and

not too much sugar.

CCLIX - This smells like a movie theatre. Not like buttered popcorn, but that might be in the distance...it's more the overall smell of the theatre.

CCCXVII - This also smells like sweet mint. Very similar to the other one like this but I like this one better.

CCCLXX - Pink grapefruit peel. Wanna put ice in this and drink it. quikslvr's review

CCCLXXXVIII - Grass and dirt, but also something floral. This is like a

much stronger Mantis with more of a floral aspect. OriginalWacky's review

CCCXC - Kind of fruity butterscotch?

CDXVI - Slightly citrusy at first but really it makes me think of walking into a Pier 1...a perfumey potpourri.

D - It's aquamarine-colored! Lovely lavender-herbal with a touch of

lotus.

DXLVIII - Another aquamarine! Lavender-mint with a touch of creaminess.

I wish this had been Milk Moon, there is barely any of the sickening

(to me) creamy smell in this at all, it's mostly lavender and mint to me

but without being too overpowering.

DCLI - I like this one. Slightly spicy, resinous and herbal, but very light. The spicy element is strong in this but doesn't make my skin hot. Kind of a spice rack smell though a bit like one of those department store potpourris.

(Unless otherwise noted, all scents were last reviewed here by OriginalWacky.)

Edited by Shollin

Chaos Theory II DCLI

Decanted by malanna.

This was a hard one to pin down. It smells like the best of summer and autumn. Creamy spicy vanilla pumpkin blended with the juiciest of fruit. Delish!

(Last reviewed by sarada.)

Chaos Theory II: CDLXXXVII via sitanpu

She described this to me as smelling like strawberry and cloves and I can definitely smell where she got that impression. On my skin, there is definitely strawberry although it is dominated by a somewhat artificial generic berry scent. The clove is muted and this chaos has the same slightly oppressive air as did another fruity chaos theory that I tried. This is a nice fruity scent but I don't love it enough to hold onto it.

Chaos Theory II: CC

In bottle: Light and slightly musky. A bit green, a bit sweet - it makes me think of a delicate new flower with pollen sprinkled over it and a berry plant growing nearby. It is a lovely spring scent. There is probably some amber in this as well. The liquid is a clear reddish-amber.

On me: There's definitely amber in this one, but a previously unnoticed spice bubbles up as well. It is a classic perfume scent; one whiff instantly brings to mind fur jackets and silk gowns, sparkling diamonds and bright red lips.

Chaos Theory II: CCXLVII

In bottle: Mint with heavy buttercream. The richness of a cake frosting with mint leaves sprinkled on top.

On me: The mint in this blend is very sharp; possibly penny royal or spearmint. The initial 'frosting notes' fade quickly on me, but I get a note that seems like black tea to me. My arm smells of mint tea with a bit of milk swirled in. My goodness, this is delightful! Love it!

Chaos Theory II: CCCXXV

In bottle: Fresh bakery smell. The spices of gingerbread - clove, cinnamon, etc. - but no ginger. A faint fruit beneath that; in fact it's almost like a fruitcake.

On me: Oh, weird weird weird! My skin seems to drawing a sharp soap scent out of this baked blend. It's fleeting, tho' - it comes and goes. At other times I detect coconut and this rather reminds me of a macaroon, but spicier. Definitely an interesting, complicated, unanticipated blend.

Chaos Theory II, bottle no. DVII (507)

Origin: Swap with TheSnowQueen

In the bottle: AAAAACK! Lotus and lavender. I like lotus in fruity blends, but with herbs like lavender or mint (like Paris and Undertow, respectively), it turns into a horrible, wet, decaying scent. And lavender is usually a very sharp, disconcerting smell to my nose, unless it's blended with something that really takes the harsh edge off. But I know that the Butterfly Effect blends are some pretty serious morphers, so I'll be brave.

Wet: Still lotus and lavender... waiting for the drydown... :P

Dry: Ah. Now it's morphed. Completely. Instead of wet rotting herbs and blooms, it's definitely dry and subtle. Like a finely-milled powder... I can almost feel the powder in my sinuses, this is a "high nose" kind of scent. It's vaguely floral, and lightly musky... a total turnaround from the wet stage - it's completely baffling to me how Beth does this!

I'm a fan of dry, powdery and musky smells - and this just happens to fit the bill. The initial stage is hard for me to get through, but it ends quite nicely. :D

CT2-CIII(103)

Bottle: Sort of a warm cognac in color. Scent: Sharp, pungent, kind of sinus-clearing. o.o; It's not sweet at all, it's a very woody scent, and I think that's eucalyptus that's boring a hole through my perpetual slight congestion. There is a hint of resin.

Wet: It's actually a little cold. Probably the eucalyptus again. Still woody and kind of sharp, though it softens a bit when it goes on. It becomes considerably more woody and less acrid, and is much nicer on than in the bottle. It verges slightly on Man Scent, though. Definitely 'gender neutral'.

Dry:The eucalyptus has subsided (it's transitory stuff anyway), leaving a sort of warm, wood-resiny scent behind. I like it well enough, but I think I'd like it better if it were sweeter. It isn't sweet at all, though it isn't sour or pungent or anything. It's just woody and a bit peppery.

Final Opinion: Well, I certainly don't hate it, but it's not a fragrance I'd wear, I think. It's just a little bit too much Man Smell for me.

CT2-XII(12)

Bottle: Low serial number! 12 is a light straw color. It seems like a light, almost peppery herbal. Again, not sweet in the imp, but it's like the spice of radishes and pepper more than anything like cinnamon or nutmeg. I am reminded weirdly of cilantro.

Wet: Again, instant metamorphosis. (CTs do this more than any other type of scent I've found.) There is a musk in it, but it's not white musk (which smells icky on me); I think it might be red or black. There is an undertone to it that reminds me very strongly of my other Chaos Theory (the one I have the 5ml of) but this has no fruit at all. It's a pleasant musk along with some sort of warm woods. It gets less peppery, but the presence is still there.

Dry: This is /definitely/ peppery. It kind of reminds me of Medicine Show, though without the icky kind of 'used cigarette' smell I got from that one. It's pepper and herbs, and it -still- kind of reminds me of something you'd put into salsa and I DON'T KNOW WHY. It's not a 'light' herbal... it's a warmer, dried sort of herbal, and I think there's some kind of 'fig' thing going on in the background but it's being stomped upon by the other notes. Definitely reminds me of Medicine Show, but somewhat nicer.

Final Opinion: Well, I didn't happen to care much for Medicine Show, so this isn't floating my biscuit much either. The fact that I keep getting 'cilantro' out of it isn't helping. Very gender-neutral, pleasant enough in its own right, but not 'me'.

cricketshay's review

CT2-CCCXIX(319)

Bottle: Deep brownish gold. This was the darkest of the CTs I got. Pine...berries? o_O There is pine in this, or cedar or juniper maybe; something evergreen, but not bitter. There also appears to be berries in it. It's sweet, but toned down by the evergreenness... it vaguely reminds me of Jabberwocky, but with the citrus notes replaced by something that seems to be currant or something similar. (Could be fig or plum, I can't tell.)

Wet: It's still pineberries. Although if anything, the berryness has faded back, making it just a sort of 'sweet evergreen'. It's still much like Jabberwocky-but-different. It's pleasant, though I'd label it as 'inoffensive' and at least at this stage, not terribly distinctive.

Dry: Pine's mostly gone, save as a kind of background note. I'm thinking it's 'juniper' actually; it's too mellow and sweetish to be pine proper. It's settled into a sweetish kind of foresty smell that's pleasant enough.

Final Opinion: I like Jabberwocky, and I like this. I'll probably keep it, though it's not something I'm likely to wear a lot. It's a winter-type scent, I think. It dimly reminds me of christmas trees with a whisper of berry pie on the air.

yeahbutnobut's review

CT2-XXXI (31)

Bottle: Light yellow in color. Faintly herbal, and I think a light musk. No recognizeable florals or anything. Not overtly sweet, but may turn that way.

Wet: Hmmm. Lemon musk? I'm getting a faint citrus note, and some kind of light musk under that. It's a wee-bit Pledge-like, but not bad.

Dry: On drydown, it gets sweeter, and picks up a hint of something I'd call 'white chocolate'. It's not the omgchoklit of 13, though, and it's not really sweet enough to be 'foody', but it's warmed up enough to be noticeable. Of course....then the chocolate goes away. Poopy. Final drydown appears to be back to lemon musk.

Final Opinion: .... I dunno about lemon musk. I think I'm going to have to try this when I'm not testing other things to make a final call.

CT2-CII(102)

Bottle: Clear. Entirely colorless. Spooky. Again, citrusy, kind of. And some kind of herbal underneath. And I think I can pick up the dreaded 'butter' note, though I'm hoping that's not it.

Wet: ...I have no idea what this smells like. Again, not sweet, though. *tries to put it in words* It reminds me of... well, not pot roast, but that kind of spices. Basil, bay, rosemary, that kind of thing. And there's something under it that's almost... mimosa? ....Ocean water? ....Christ, this thing is impossible to describe!

Dry: It still smells like cooking spices to me. o.o Pepper has raised its terrible head, and that spot smells like the spice aisle in a high-class grocery store.

Final Opinion: This smells a lot like 103, which bears out my theory about how these were produced. What my guess is, is that Beth mixed a certain scent, probably in a 10ml vial, or perhaps 15ml. A 5ml of that blend is decanted, then, leaving the remainder in the bottle, she added new oils to bring the level back up to full. Then, after a thorough shake or two, that blend was decanted, and the process repeats. This produces a continuously evolving scent-bloodline that would represent the idea behind 'the butterfly effect'. 102 is slightly more floral, 103 is muskier (and to me, less pleasant), but they're -obviously- related.

As for my opinion, though? .....Pot roast. Grgh. Not for me.

Diana's review

CT2-CCC(300)

Bottle: Medium straw-tone. Hmm. This one's kind of a vanilla floral. A nice change from all the pepper-wood-cookingspice things I've had prior! The vanilla is subtle, though, mingled with...well, it's not rose, it's something lighter. Carnation, maybe? And I think there's a bit of musk, though it's unobtrusive. Do I detect a subtle hint of coconut?

Wet: Okay, no more vanilla. Perhaps it's tonka instead, which can seem kind of vanillalike. This is much sweeter than the past selections, though not foodlike. I want to say it's tonka, sandalwood, and....something. There's something else in there, half lost.

Dry: I'm getting a sort of clear tonka-musk...hint of something...else. I can't figure out what the 'else' is! I don't think it's fruit; it's probably some kind of floral. It's nice, but with all the pepper miasma floating around me at the moment, I think I need to try this one again by itself.

Final Opinion: This is probably the best CT from this batch so far, though at least my initial impression isn't screaming 'omg love me keep me'. I'll give it a second go when I'm not soaked in pepper. ._.;

Diana's review

Edit: One more.

CT2-CDLXXXVI ....481?

Bottle: Pure yellow with a slight cast of green. Very fruity, reminding me of Bordello in a great degree. It's less winey, though, and seems to have milk notes in it. Mostly fruit and cream.

Wet: Still fruit and cream, though there's a weird funkiness to it that I'm not sure I like. Maybe it's the milk qualities. The throw is distinctly 'funny'.

Dry: ...Yay, the funk went away! It's become a sweet fruit blend (which I can't for the life of me pull apart) with a sort of cream-vanilla under-note. Berries and cream all the way... with...maybe the subtlest touch of incense?

Final opinion: Yay, keeping! It's too bad it's an imp, though. The first stage is a little 'ick', but it goes away fairly quickly. I keep thinking that must be the 'milk' note, which is sour and weird as hell on me until it has some time to break down slightly. The incensey-fruit aftermath is a pleasant surprise.

Edited by Shollin

Chaos Theory II #CDLXV

Wet I smell a strong green note, bay or rosemary.

Then a floral edge comes out with some red fruits and lemon.

Dry it's a floral perfume with a sweet touch and the fruitiy note as bottom line (plum?).

Red and yellow, quite better in its dry stage.

Chaos Theory II - XCII

Thanks to a faboulous forumite for an imp of this :D

Wow, this is gorgeous. I really have no idea what I'm smelling right now, it's really complex.

I think this has cocoa, lilies, vanilla, and something..herbal in it?? I'm really unsure. I have allergies today so it's probably not the best time to review it.

I've never smelled anything like this!

I'll come back and edit this once my nose unstuffs :P

Chaos Theory 2 - CDLXII

In the bottle, I smell peppermint like that in Spooky, backed up by a candylike sweet pink scent.

Upon application, this blend is very pink and bubblegum scented. It's warmer on than in the bottle, but at the same time there remains a touch of chill sharpness. I'm sure the sharpness is caused by the presence of the peppermint, but oddly, the peppermint scent is no longer readily identifiable. There is perhaps a mild floral note present here as well -- very subtle and not strong enough to put a name to.

As it dries down, the peppermint comes forward again. Unfortunately, as was the case with Spooky, this peppermint and my skin chemistry do not get along. A very deep inhalation with my nose pressed right up against my wrist reveals the continued presence of the sweet pink bubblegum note, but it is very far in the background, overridden by the peppermint (which smells like fake-peppermint-scented plastic when combined with my skin, unfortunately). Far back behind the peppermint, mingling subtly with the bubblegum, there is still a hint of floral or possibly sweet herbal notes, as well.

Definitely not for me, thanks to my chemistry's ongoing feud with peppermint, but I imagine it would be quite nice no someone else.

Chaos Theory II - CCCXCIV (394)

(previously reviewed by Stephanie)

In the bottle: Very fresh and green - a bit tart, herbal... in the bottle it kind of smells like shampoo!

On: The tartness turns into a sweet, fruity scent - but still green. I'm picturing pears, kiwis, melon, maybe with a bit of florals lurking somewhere underneath... this is a lovely sparkling scent. Sort of like the lovechild of Titania and the dearly departed Glitter.

This is entirely different from my other Chaos Theories... another gorgeous and wholly unique blend.

Edited by coulrophobe

this weekend, LiberAmoris gifted me with a bottle of Chaos Theory. she gave me XI (11).

she didn't know that 11 is one of my favorite numbers, i like primes :P

in the bottle: at first i smell spices and bubble gum! weird -- it's then decided that it's really lotus and spices - i'm thinking some ginger and pepper, actually. weird, but good.

this morning i decided to decant an imp of it, but it had a reducer cap. got a bunch on my hands which i smeared on my arms and went to work.

it's been morphing ever since. first it became a milder version of Kweku Anansi! dusty pepper, savannnah grasses, leather. but where as KA was strong with a lot of throw, this was closer to my skin. however, i could still catch whiffs of the lotus. close to the skin it was KA, in the air it was a less sweet lotus -- lotus without hte bubblegum.

now, it's all just blended and close to the skin. it's difficult to prise apart the notes, but i get a dusty pepper, faint leather, toned-down lotus, mellow ginger, and unidentified stuff.

i really like it. thank you, LiberAmoris, and thank you Chaos Theory!

n.

Chaos Theory II CL (150)

omg this smells like heaven....yes heaven.....

it is definitely gourmand.....i can detect chocolate, wine and tea....the scent really warms

up beautifully and what i love the most is the little waves of scent as i wear it....sometimes

i can totally smell the sweet warm cocoa...other times the bright, robust red wine and yet others a bright

fresh green tea.....i love this one......amazingly long lasting and lucious blend

Chaos Theory CCVII:

Obtained via a trade with Latzoni at the NYC Meet-n-Sniff.

This smells like the husk of a coconut along with the dried meat of a coconut. There's something very natural about it and dusty, utterly unlike any other kind of coconut I've sniffed from the Lab before. Alongside that is an white floral note---gardenia perhaps, or magnolia? I can never tell the difference.

This blend is very tropical and lovely. It's like a Hawaiian vacation in an imp! I'll be tucking this one away for use next summer.

(Last reviewed by OriginalWacky.)

I can't believe I haven't posted a review of this yet.

Chaos Theory CVIII:

In the bottle, this smells like birch/wintergreen essential oil, with sugar and faint sweet flowers. On application there is a strong rush of wintergreen; it reminds me a lot of wintermint gum. After the drydown, the wintergreen fades a bit and balances with the flowers, and the blend feels more soothing than medicinal-- like a gentle cool washcloth on a feverish head.

I can't say exactly what flowers are in this blend, but they are mild and slightly sweet, like those in The Hermit. They are not pungent, biting, or perfumey in any way. The flowers smell familiar, but from where, I can't say. :/ Maybe there's some lotus in there?

This seems to me to be a pretty straightforward blend-- it's primarily sweet wintergreen, and it stays true on my skin.

(Last reviewed by OriginalWacky.)

Chaos Theory II: CXXVIII (128)

(Frimp of CT2-128 generously included by Canciona in a recent package.)

Bracingly MINT (spearmint?) on the wand; dries down to minty incense...which sounds like a counter-intuitive combination and yet it works wonderfully here--so cool and refreshing that it really puts the "New" in New Age. :-)

An unusual, cheerful, and rather festive scent: it makes me think of shopping for Christmas gifts at the tiny New Age store in our neighbourhood.

I'll very much enjoy this while it lasts.

Previously reviewed by roesmoker and Gin

I now have CDLXVII which I got in a swap with another forumite, and forgive me, but I've forgotten who. I came here hoping to find a review, but didn't, so here is mine:

This bottle was described to me as green creamy incense. I think that's a good start, though I don't get any incense notes from it myself.

In the bottle (and on) it is immediately mint: but a sweet creamy mint. Spearmint. Its like spearmint ice cream or something. Very tasty. Reminds me some of chaste moon which had a buttermint scent to it to my nose (the candy, not anything with butter in it). And this scent is not buttery--rather its a cream.

That's all I can really get from it. Its soft on, pleasing. But not, I'm afraid, a keeper for me. I think my experiment with chaos theory is over--I never have found one I really liked.