Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A Latin word that means to sigh or draw a deep breath, that also suggests longing, desire, yearning, and a passionate wish. Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.

Very, very pleasant floral, which for me means no soap! I like jasmine and it does stand out. It doesn't take over and I can really appreciate the complexity of this scent. I like it! Edited by Forspecial Plate

Initial impression:

It's all jasmine and lily of the valley in the vial.

First on:

It warms up with a bit of ylang ylang on my skin, but the aforementioned florals still dominate.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's a sort of warm floral, a bit old ladyish to me, but not too bad.

An hour later, it's a warm and gentle floral, very anonymous.

Finally:

Not my kind of thing. :P Swapping!

in the imp: bright floral, some gardenia, some green notes.

wet on skin: same. gardenia seems to be growing in intensity.

dry down: same, but with a hint of Lily of the Valley poking through.

in all: a heady floral blend. if that's your cup of tea, then get ready to swoon over Suspiro.

:P

well I am really not a fan of florals, but this smell is very pleasing to me. I think its the jasmine that has piqued my interest. I have always had a soft spot for it. The lilies of the valley are definitely there but this is a pleasant scent. Not something I would wear but certainly a woman.

A lot of these oils have me remembering my childhood: the fond memories.

A frimp from the lab...after reading the description and the reviews, I am terrified of this scent. I never wear florals; jasmine and orchid in particular are Sicky Sweet Plastic Notes of Death on me. Gulp...

In the imp: HOLY FREAKIN' JASMINE

Wet on skin: Incredibly complex--the jasmine, orchid and lily are interacting beautifully with my skin chemistry and with each other. I'm not getting any ylang ylang (which sometimes works for me) or any plum, but the three notes I can pick out are absolutely beautiful. There's no plastic or sicky sweetness, just floral goodness the way nature intended.

Dry on skin: Obviously I'm going to have to rethink my aversion to florals. This has dried down to a rich, creamy, well-balanced bouquet. It's marvelously feminine and sophisticated without being overly sweet or girlish.

Sadly, Susprio only lasts a couple of hours on me. But it loves me and I am returning its affection by toting my imp to work to reapply. :P

So take it from a former floral hater: this scent is worth trying!

In the imp, this is all about the jasmine and the ylang ylang. This can only be a good thing!

Wet, this has gone very sweet. The plum, I presume. It's not quite what I expected, but it's not unpleasant. There's also another note peeking round the side...something greenish. One of the lilies, I think. It's helping ground it though, which is good, because sweet fruity scents don't work for me.

Dry, this is good...it's still mostly about the jasmine and the ylang ylang, but the other notes are making their presence felt enough that it's intriguing. Light, yet complex...and while heavily floral, it isn't making me want to wash it off. I think I'm going to be needing some more of this.

Edited by maikastar

Very light and floral and plummy. Jasmine usually KILLS me but I barely smell it here--the lily of the valley is the dominant note. This is going a bit powdery on me, though, as those white flowers tend to do. It's also slightly sour. So it's ok but not really for me.

In imp: rather nice, oriental jasmine-y floral.

Wet on skin: jasmine hits my nose first, blended with plum (it really is white - who'd have thought it!), orchid and lilies. It's floral, but the plum adds depths and a little bitterness.

Dry on skin: I like this surprisingly well! Or perhaps not so surprisingly, since it shares some notes with Kitsune Tsuki. The jasmine is there, but the fruity plum and smooth lily of the valley balance it out.

Conclusion: although it wasn't as bad as I feared, this remains too jasmine-y for my taste. It's very pretty, though!

Wow, somehow the jasmine and ylang ylang and lily combine in this blend to make up a strong, sticky floral soap smell; not particularly pleasant. Jasmine! Why do you hate me so?!

I get very little else out of it. For me, jasmine ruins virtually every perfume it is in; also, it brow-beats almost every other note into obscurity, so that any blend with a strong jasmine component ends up just being a variation of stinky. This is getting sad.

Edited by obsidienne

I got this as a frimp and with all the florals in it I am doubtful that it will work on me, but I'll give it a go!

In the bottle , erm, I can smell cats wee :blush: That's the jasmine I assume. Some jasmines smell good on me, but not all. Dare I put this on? Go on then.

When wet the cats pee smell goes away, phew! It reminds me of Lush's Flying Fox temple balm which I loved!

When dry it still smells much the same as when wet, but a teeny bit of soap is popping through. Hmm, I don't think this is for me. If only I could keep it at the middle stage, it would have been perfect.

Remember that time ylang ylang and jasmine both hated me? Oh yeah, it was when I tried this!! If I could only figure out what I did to ylang ylang to piss her off quite so much, I think we could have a really beautiful relationship. Same goes for jasmine. Unfortunately, those two conniving bitches are truly trying to ruin every blend they appear in for me. Suspiro was no different. This started off very jasmine/ylang ylang/lily and remained pretty much the same for the duration. As it dried down however, I noticed the throw was exactly like the Flying Fox shower gel from Lush. Not so much when I put my wrists to my nose. But when I moved them away, that's exactly the same smell! Overall, not for me. :(

On my skin this is mostly, jasmine and lily with a light touch of ylang ylang. Surprisingly light as far as white florals go. A smidge of plum peeks in for a bit...In the end the lily is strongest. A pleasant white floral bouquet touched with sweet plum...I like this enough, but I prefer my whites with a bit of resin.

Strong ylang ylang and jasmine in the imp. Jasmine haters, beware!

On my skin the plum pokes out a bit more, which is good, because I adore the lab's plum notes.

Mostly though, this is ylang ylang and jasmine-palooza. Very heady florals. Not for the faint at heart!

This is a very strong blend-good throw and very long staying power. I like jasmine ok, but usually as a background note. It's just too strong in here for me. But if you are a jasmine fan, you have to at least check this out! Sexy intense jasmine and ylang ylang with a bit of fruity plum! Very nice!

Wet: Musky and manly. I think that's the ylang ylang actually...

First on: Leather? I don't play well with ylang ylang. Such a shame, this could have been a nice floral.

Dry: Sharp florals, leather. Meh, oh well.

Oh dear :unsure: I seem very ungrateful to write two reviews in a row on frimps that I did not like! I mean, they were free and I am appreciative of the chance to try something for free, but they just didn't work out for me this time.

Anyway, I love florals, so it was suprising that Suspiro was not a good scent on me (oddly, I have read in this thread that some of the ppl that DID like this don't usually like florals :huh: ) It smelled OK in the bottle, but on my skin it was just too sweet and smelled like chemicals. Almost identical to a really bad/cheap air freshener that you'd use in the bathroom. I had to wash it off. It has huge throw too!

Onwards and upwards....

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I needed something to round out an imp pack and picked this pretty much at random.

In the Vial: True to its name, the notes are very quiet and whispering their presence rather than blasting it. A very quiet floral, heavy on the ylang ylang and lilies.

Wet: This develops quickly into a musky spice on me, enough so that I check the notes again because I am a notorious amper of musk/incense notes. But I guess the culprit is the calla lily.

Drydown: It continues to hug my skin and it goes a little less musky and a little more floral with the spice. I don't get any plum from start to finish.

Verdict: It has possibilities. Must play with the imp more.

This totally smells of ylang ylang to me. In fact I can't smell much else in this.

The thing is, I'm not even sure if I really like ylang ylang or not; I've always found it a funny sort of smell. But I'll keep this imp in case I ever do decide that I like it.

3/5 Very very ylang ylang.

In the imp: Ooh, high, sharp, sweet floral—a big whiff of jasmine and lily of the valley, which makes me think of dewy youth and virginal purity, sort of bridal bouquet-ish. I'm a floral person, and I'm fairly certain that I should/will love these notes, but this... makes me a little nervous. Although with a deeper sniff, I think I'm picking out the juicy, fruity plum, and that seems to be rounding this out a bit and adding depth. Still, I'm mildly surprised that I'm not getting any orchid or calla lily.

On, wet: And right on schedule, my skin brings out the ylang-ylang the instant I put this on. Holy wow, this is STRONG. The jasmine and lily of the valley have backed off a respectable distance, though, which is nice, and the plum is most definitely there beneath the flowers, ripe and fruity. This is pale and sweet but not overwhelming or shrieky, and it's surprisingly complex. There's a definite muskiness here—probably lily and ylang-ylang—that gives this a sensual feel.

On, dry: Oh! During the dry down, this became exactly the fragrance I hoped it would be: clean and white yet ripe and fruity, innocent and yet lush. The plum, orchid and calla lily have blended together to form the heart of this perfume, while the airy, sweet jasmine and ylang-ylang dance around in the background, adding their own sort of sweetness. The plum keeps everything grounded, undercutting the sweeeeet flowers and bringing out the fruity aspects of the orchid and calla lily. Taken together, it's just… ~swoons~ The name is right on, because I keep wanting to huff deep breaths of this. ;-)

Later: Plum and orchid, for the most part. Faint but sweet and fruity.

Overall: This one was a little scary in the imp, but it was glorious on my skin. It's a big bouquet of clean, sweet, floaty flowers with lots of juicy plum to center it. The overall effect is very lush, soft and ladylike and beautiful, and I can see how it fits in with the idea of being so rapturously in love that you're sighing with longing. I love it and will definitely wear it again... although I'll probably not put on as much, because the throw is massive, especially during the earlier stages.

Imp: Sugary grass

Wet: Sweet and green. I think the green is from the lily.

Drydown: It's very sweet, but there's a crushed flower stem note that I'm not liking. I think the jasmine is taking over.

Overall: This ended up a yellow floral. Unfortunately, for me, it's head-achy.

Sniffing the imp, it's sweet herbs.

Once applied to my skin, definitely floral with a bit of sugary sweetness. Dries down to just florals again. Too much of one type of note on my skin with this blend.

Imp: Sweet and fruity. The ylang ylang and plum are lovely together.

Wet: The lillies are star players now but there is an undertone of the juicy plum.

Dry: Almost a little too sweet for me. Overall a lush white floral blend. Almost a bit over the top.

I just read what the notes are and...I'm very very scared. But we shall see!

In the imp: Woahhh diaper jasmine

Wet: Stil diaper jasmine with awhole bunch of flowers that give me headaches. Why did I put this on my skin? :lol:

Dry: Welp...dry is definitely a lot easier on the nose. I'm getting a bit of plum now along with a gentle whiff of lily of the valley. The final dry down stage is the same wet, just a bit more mellow and with a "bubble bath" smell that I always associate with orchids.

Overall: NOT for me at ALL but for those of you who like jasmine and white flowers, this one is for you!

Lily, jasmine, and ylang ylang. For some reason ylang ylang is very *high* scent to me. It's not earthy and doesn't wear close to the skin, but sort of disperses itself evenly. Suspiro goes to a somewhat powdery/rose reminiscent finish. Not for me.

A very pretty well-blended floral. I like florals, but I really like UNUSUAL florals. This is beautiful, but to me, it's pretty standard floral.