Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Maiden

I get a beautiful wispy pink rose that paired with the spicy carnation is a bit fluffy and makes me think of High-Strung Daisies a bit. But the bright, almost citrusy white tea really sets this apart, and the carnation is much spicier. 

This is a new favorite!  The florals are there, but there's also an unexpected note that almost smells citrusy- I guess that's the carnation.  It's a playful scent.  I probably don't need a bottle when I already have Alice for my carnation needs, but I'm definitely using up the sample!

I was a little nervous to try this one out, because usually a rose note will overwhelm everything on me and lean wayyyy into aldehydes.  But this smells like a fresh rose from a garden with some tea to hold it up, and I just had to give it a go.

In imp vial: sweetly of rose, but not cloying or sharp.  I can smell what I think is a ginger tea.

10-20 minutes on skin: low throw, rose floral.  The carnation is just barely apparent.  Is this what rich people wear to brunch?

2-6 hours in: I got a little worried that the rose was leaning into that aldehyde, but the carnation as a base is really holding this down in a good way.  Every so often I get a whiff of the scent but it's by no means "walking ahead of me."  Those of you who have problematic relationships with Rose, give this one a whirl.

This is nice and girly and fades quickly. It's a quite green floral. There's something almost citrusy about it as well. I like the scent of carnations but not so much white tea. I'd like some musk or spice thrown into this. Perhaps it would be good layered with something else? I'll be passing this along to someone who can appreciate it more than I. My imp is of unknown age.

When wet, I was legitimately stunned at how much this smelled like real roses. Not rose perfume, real roses. We have a rose bush out the back of our place and it smells just like the crushed petals of them. As it dried, I got some of the carnation notes, and the tea eventually poked its head out, but the rose is really the hero of this scent. The rose note goes from fresh real roses to what I can only describe as turkish delight, all sweet rose-water deliciousness. I like the smell of it it, it's just not my kind of thing to wear, so it's being passed on graciously.

The Lab's rose notes are one of my favourite things in the world, and the tea does such a great job to give it depth and sophistication. This is the scent of a beautiful young maiden standing just under the roof of a pavilion inside a flower garden, turning to give you an inviting look.

I put some on my baby and kissed her cheek, surrounded in that halo of fresh, pure florals, and it is the happiest moment of my life so far.

Every time I put on Maiden, I love it more. A lovely fresh rose scent, in dreamy combination with tea and carnation. There is something romantic and Edwardian about it, in a way that is ABSOLUTELY my jam. This is probably going to become a full bottle scent for me in the near future.

The rose is almost herbal, and the tea really comes out on the skin (vs. just sniffing it in the imp). If you like any of these notes, this one's worth a try. A really good scent for spring.

Gentle floral with lovely tea notes and definitely something a little bit spicy…. probably the carnation. It’s definitely rose-forward, which i love because i’m team “rose-lover”. It’s certainly a youthful scent, something appropriate for an office in the daytime or a woman dressed in a white cotton billowy dress with long loose curls. Not a bottle for me, but definitely a bottle for my mom, who adores it.