Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thesibylqueen

How do I buy forum-only oils?

That information will be given with the update information posted here on the forums.

So in other words, we will all find out next update.

Hi,

They're usually posted in the same place where you read Beth's note - the "Announcements" section that's only open to lab members and the mods. I do remember that for the K and Q of Diamonds, there was a special link to a hidden page on the BPAL website, so that we could still use the online ordering system to order the oils.

Hello all! I couldn't find a topic on forum-only scents, so thought I'd ask: How does one sign up to receive forum-only scents?

I am very interested in obtaining cake smash but couldn't find the post! Please help!

Typically, Beth will post an announcement in the Announcements subforum. And in her announcement, she'll include a link to any forum-only special scents there are. This time, the announcement was, "Holy moly! It's an update!" and the link to forum-only scents is the same, I think, as always? (Not too sure about that as I haven't been around too long in the BPAL world.)

Forum-only link: http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/forumonly.html

yes, and when you order it, make sure to include your forum name in the Comments section, so they know you're a forum member :)

Oh dear, I didn't know about putting in your forum name! I have ordered before though, hope that's good enough! (Actually my forum name is the same beginning as my e-mail, sooo...??)

Typically, Beth will post an announcement in the Announcements subforum. And in her announcement, she'll include a link to any forum-only special scents there are. This time, the announcement was, "Holy moly! It's an update!" and the link to forum-only scents is the same, I think, as always? (Not too sure about that as I haven't been around too long in the BPAL world.)

I joined a year ago and that link has been the same for the Forum Only scents. I think there's been around 4 or so! :)

Oh dear, I didn't know about putting in your forum name! I have ordered before though, hope that's good enough! (Actually my forum name is the same beginning as my e-mail, sooo...??)

If you haven't already just shoot them an e-mail if you want to be on the safe side. I forgot to include mine in my most recent order but I didn't want to chance that they'd just overlook it this time, nor did I expect them to remember my last forum-only order.

If all else fails you can always google "BPAL forum only." I think that's how I found the page the first time; that's also how I found the Shojo Beats. And strangely, the Tarot 10mls.

If you haven't already just shoot them an e-mail if you want to be on the safe side. I forgot to include mine in my most recent order but I didn't want to chance that they'd just overlook it this time, nor did I expect them to remember my last forum-only order.

I did the same thing this last update and emailed the lab shortly after my order to let them know my forum name. I think it was a combination of me being up & way too excited at 5am in the morning when I placed the order. :lol: Kathy replied back to my email later that day to let me know they got my name recorded. I'm sure it happens a lot with us scatter-brained, perfume-obsessed crazy people who try to place orders in the wee hours of the morning right after an update. ;) My order arrived today and all 3 Forum scents are wins for me.

Yeah, it was definitely just a brain-fart on my part. I can follow simple intructions sometimes, people! What's funny is it was at least a few days later when I did the whole just-about-to-fall-asleep thing and I realized that I'd forgotten to add it to the comments. Startled me awake and everything. I checked CCNow and my order had already been harvested at that point and I felt like a bit of an ass. A quick e-mail resolved it, though.

On a side note I'm glad to hear the oils are a win, angelicruin. I'm really looking forward to getting mine; I ordered all three as well.

And if you're worried about missing an update or important announcement (as I am!) - you can subscribe to the Announcements forum so that you receive an email whenever something new is posted.

Just click the 'Forum Options' link at the top right-hand side and from the drop-down menu that appears, select 'Subscribe to this forum'. You'll never miss an update again! :D

I joined a year ago and that link has been the same for the Forum Only scents. I think there's been around 4 or so! :)

I have 11 listed in my database, but there may have been more I didn't record because I knew I wouldn't be ordering. The ones I have listed are:

Agape

Cake Smash

E Pluribus Unum

F5

Gladdener of All Hearts

Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream

Lilith Victoria

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab

Lilith and the Jarocho

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller

Tabella

The "Forum Only" blends have been around since 2004. Per the Review database:

King of Spades (August 2004)

Queen of Spades (August 2004)

King of Diamonds (November 2004)

Queen of Diamonds (November 2004)

Ace of Hearts (May 2005)

Queen of Clubs (May 2005)

King of Clubs (5/7/05)

Enraged Orangutan Musk (2/13/06)

Enraged Bunny Musk (4/1/06-5/1/06)

F5 (8/2/06-8/8/06)

Enraged Groundhog Musk (Feb 2007)

Hony Mone (11/21/07-11/26/07)

Pirate Moon (9/25/07-9/28/07)

The Phoenix (9/25/07-9/28/07)

Frederic (Leap Day 2008)

Democrat (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Green Party (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Independent (Election Day 2008 frimp)

GOP (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Libertarian (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Tabella (Election Day 2008)

E Pluribus Unum (Election Day 2008)

Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream (7/16/08-7/20/08)

The Gladdener of All Hearts (9/2/08)

Lilith Victoria (9/14/08)

Lady Lilith (9/14/08)

Agapē (1/15-2/15/09)

Lilith and the Jarocho (June 2009)

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab (9/2/09)

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller (9/2/09)

Cake Smash (9/2/09)

It seems like I'm missing something. But I might not be; there's not always a "Forum Only" update when there's a Lunacy.

I accidentally found the forum-only page while searching BPAL ingredients on google, and Lilith's Tea Party sounds AMAZING. However, I gather it was only meant to be up throughout September? It seems to still be clickable on the forum only page but if I added it to an order, what would happen? Would it actually be purchasable?

(I feel a bit bad asking about forum only stuff when I've only just become a member - I've been lurking for at least a month now but am still very much a newbie...if this is totally unacceptable, I apologise.)

Edited by teacupcakes

Don't feel bad, there's no requirement that you be a member for X length of time to buy a forum-only scent :)

Usually when the Lab leaves an LE up beyond the date that they previously announced it would come down, it means the scent's still available and they will honor orders. So if those scents are still live on the forum-only page of the Lab's site and can be added to the CCNow cart, then you should be able to order them successfully. I've ordered lunacies under the same circumstances with no problems. The Lab will always contact you if there is an issue - and if you are really nervous about it, you can always e-mail customer service first.

The "Forum Only" blends have been around since 2004. Per the Review database:

King of Spades (August 2004)

Queen of Spades (August 2004)

King of Diamonds (November 2004)

Queen of Diamonds (November 2004)

Ace of Hearts (May 2005)

Queen of Clubs (May 2005)

King of Clubs (5/7/05)

Enraged Orangutan Musk (2/13/06)

Enraged Bunny Musk (4/1/06-5/1/06)

F5 (8/2/06-8/8/06)

Enraged Groundhog Musk (Feb 2007)

Hony Mone (11/21/07-11/26/07)

Pirate Moon (9/25/07-9/28/07)

The Phoenix (9/25/07-9/28/07)

Frederic (Leap Day 2008)

Democrat (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Green Party (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Independent (Election Day 2008 frimp)

GOP (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Libertarian (Election Day 2008 frimp)

Tabella (Election Day 2008)

E Pluribus Unum (Election Day 2008)

Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream (7/16/08-7/20/08)

The Gladdener of All Hearts (9/2/08)

Lilith Victoria (9/14/08)

Lady Lilith (9/14/08)

Agapē (1/15-2/15/09)

Lilith and the Jarocho (June 2009)

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab (9/2/09)

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller (9/2/09)

Cake Smash (9/2/09)

It seems like I'm missing something. But I might not be; there's not always a "Forum Only" update when there's a Lunacy.

Think you are missing Mosterbait: Underpants

ETA: oops didn't notice this was from 2009

Also:

Lilith's Tea Party

Anne Beany

Tiki Princess

Werepuppy

Edited by Tramp

When purchasing a forum-only with CCnow, do you need to put your forum name in the area for "special comments" on the billing/shipping page? I saw you all mentioned listing a forum name but I wasn't sure where when ordering to put it. :blush:

Edited by Michele my belle

When purchasing a forum-only with CCnow, do you need to put your forum name in the area for "special comments" on the billing/shipping page? I saw you all mentioned listing a forum name but I wasn't sure where when ordering to put it. :blush:

Yes, use the "special comments" block to note your forum name. (Once or twice I've forgotten to include my forum name :blush: and sent an e-mail to the lab afterwards to provide that information - I forwarded the e-mail receipt & provided my forum name so they could match up the infomation [order number, items ordered, etc.] The labbies are very kind about forgiving lapses like that, though I try not to do that to them too often. )

I was wondering if someone could help me please? When I went to order it, I put in 2 as the quantity and when I checked out, the forum only quantity appeared in red. Did I mess up?

I think the color of the quantity number changes...so, 2 might be red, 3 might be green? 4 might be blue? etc., etc. Not sure though. :)