Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
janelle_hell

Hexennacht (2005, 2016, 2019)

2019 version.

Description for 2019 version: German fir and forest herbs, incense and bonfire smoke, broom straw, and the wet, glimmering scent of skin warmed by dance.

Note: I have not tried the previous versions.

In the vial: Somewhat salty skin musk, herbs, and a wisp of bonfire smoke.

Wet: It's mostly salty skin musk, incense, and herbs with a tinge of smoke. As it sits on my skin, the bonfire smoke note gains strength, but it doesn't make the scent too smoky.

Dry: Mostly salty skin musk and incense, with hints of smoke, fir, and herbs.

Verdict: I was really hoping to get more fir from this. It reminds me of The Standing Stone at Pendle Hill Atmo due to the salt and incense notes, although this one is more musky. If you're looking for a salty incense scent, this should be up your alley.

Edited by doomsday_disco

2019 Version.

hmmm at first aquatic type herbal green followed by sweetened slightly salty musk that seemed to have some kind of berry thing going on in the back ground. There is an incensey type note but it’s more perfumey than ‘witchy’....

so for me (for now) it misses the description. No forest, no fir, no smoke or bon fire... definitely doesn’t conjure up the idea of Witches dancing naked in the forest ☹️

I’ll be putting it away for aging in the hopes that it will bring out the notes that should have formed the base of this. Pretty disappointed... fingers crossed 🤞🏼 

Edited by Lilah Ladybug
Typos 🤓

In the bottle this smells oddly of beeswax, the same note I get in The Writing on the Slate. On my skin it’s sweet, woodsy and just slightly floral. The beeswax sweetness persists through dry down, which was unexpected. It could be the amber and incense I’m smelling though. This is a lovely scent, but it doesn’t leap out at me. I as hoping to for more more dark fir and skin musk. Perhaps I’ll let it age a bit and see. 

I got Mad Maud’s 2019 bottle, and have a similar experience with most others~

salty sweet skin musk, a tinge of herb & floral (that goes a little soapy for a bit, then the soap goes away), and a small wisp of incense. I was hoping for a heavier scent, one with some bonfire heft and brisk fir. I also see the comparison to beeswax, it seems a little waxy in the drydown. 

Not really my jam, but I can see it being lovely for someone who doesn’t want their scent to stand out too much. Intimate. I bet wearing this while dancing around a fire would smell sexy!  

Not sure if I want to age it or not....